BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I've said on many occasions that the FA Cup tie last season away to Sheff Utd really stirred something inside of me and the wider fanbase, it proved this club still has the support and in big numbers if we can get the off field stuff right.

Sadly with Wharton being sold and JDT being forced out, in my eyes I feel like we are back to square one, we are always one bad decision away from disaster under these rats, but in this case 2!

I have no interest in tonight's game, I've given my tickets away, but as always I hope we win for the superb downtrodden supporters, they deserve better, much better.

VENKYS OUT - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Such a great game, we were so close. I agree with that. The whole run but ultimately that game felt like a turning point and a reminder how many fans we have around the country 

Just seen the article on LT

Around 20,000 have been sold for the fifth round FA cup tie between Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United tonight.

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I had it in my head that the club had said they weren't putting gambling companies on the shirts anymore when we moved to Recoverite?

Have I completely made that up?

Yes, Waggott was all pious about it when talking about the deal with a vaping company 🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I had it in my head that the club had said they weren't putting gambling companies on the shirts anymore when we moved to Recoverite?

I suspect you are right, but our main man was offered a sum he couldn't refuse and decided to abandon any morals he may have in favour of the money.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just seen the McFadz article in LT too

"We have to relish it, I can't wait. This is what football is all about, the magic times and the FA Cup. The league is the main thing but everything else is a bonus.

"They have everything to lose, not us, they're the big boys. It's a free game for us. We know it will be a tough game but if fans see we are willing to die for the shirt it will help"

Love this!! Looks like he may be playing then?

Jesus, when was the last time we heard a quote like that from one of our players...Surely we have to tie Fadz down for another year.

• Like 1

Article penned a few months ago is below.

• https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/7WaY0x9.zXBxmimC6Pnwnw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTgwO2g9ODA7Y2Y9d2VicA--/https://s.yimg.com/cv/apiv2/default/Topic_Page_Banner_Mobile.png
    World Cup 2022

Rich Sharpe
1 June 2022·2-min read

In this article:
  •  

• https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/7WaY0x9.zXBxmimC6Pnwnw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTgwO2g9ODA7Y2Y9d2VicA--/https://s.yimg.com/cv/apiv2/default/Topic_Page_Banner_Mobile.png
    World Cup 2022

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/Ub0enBH0sXEMcC9SdUk5gQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTYzOTtjZj13ZWJw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/lancashire_telegraph_157/013a5d288d1ed44571fda6e6db6989d4

Totally Wicked on the front of Rovers' away shirt

Totally Wicked have been confirmed as Rovers’ principal sponsor for the 2022/23 season.

The club have reached a one-year deal with the local vaping company that took over sponsorship in January.

That came when the deal with Australian-based Recoverite Compression was cut short, by mutual agreement, 18 months into a three-year deal.

Totally Wicked stepped into the breach, with their branding on the front of the home, away and third shirts.

That will continue, with a deal signed for the 2022/23 season, while they will also remain training kit sponsors, a deal that has been in place for five years.

Rovers turned down offers from gambling companies in their search for a new sponsor, with Recoverite having ended a six-year run of betting firms, following Dafabet and 10Bet.

You know you are small time when you are doing one-off sleeve sponsors for televised cup games.

Sort of thing Maidstone would do when they unexpectedly got through and put on TV in the next round.

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just seen the McFadz article in LT too

"We have to relish it, I can't wait. This is what football is all about, the magic times and the FA Cup. The league is the main thing but everything else is a bonus.

"They have everything to lose, not us, they're the big boys. It's a free game for us. We know it will be a tough game but if fans see we are willing to die for the shirt it will help"

Love this!! Looks like he may be playing then?

The magic of the Cup

Unlike some fans on here at least the players seem to get it. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I've said on many occasions that the FA Cup tie last season away to Sheff Utd really stirred something inside of me and the wider fanbase, it proved this club still has the support and in big numbers if we can get the off field stuff right.

Sadly with Wharton being sold and JDT being forced out, in my eyes I feel like we are back to square one, we are always one bad decision away from disaster under these rats, but in this case 2!

I have no interest in tonight's game, I've given my tickets away, but as always I hope we win for the superb downtrodden supporters, they deserve better, much better.

VENKYS OUT - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

It was so almost a cracking day out, the sun was shining on snake pass, eccy road spoons was full of blue and white and despite the result (and the Morton rolling around after a poke in the eye) it was so enjoyable to be in an away end with 6k Rovers fans feeling like we were finally moving forwards. 
We'll get to the new Wembley one day, hopefully once Venkys are gone as it'll be bitter-sweet seeing them no doubt reappear for a big one. (and hopefully not the Papa Johns Trophy!!)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I just cant fathom this attitude, you dont care? I dont fully believe it, youve posted here for a start, will you not be attending or even watching?

Its a tie against the side that finished 4th last season in the Premier League for a place in the FA cup quarter finals. An unlikely upset and we are a game from Wembley and would get a huge boost. Whats the point if days like that are just dismissed as an unwanted inconvenience?

Taking this serious doesnt have to be a terminal blow to our chances of staying up.

Hear hear! Can’t stand that attitude it’s the attitude Mowbray had, remember that 1st round against Wigan we didn’t bother so we expected us to really focus on promotion and we still fucked it 

go back to 2002 the cup was probes seen as a distraction by many alike this poster even in a relegation battle most the season and we won the league cup that actually kicked us on from there And we finished midtable in the end 

06/07 did well in Europe, narrowly knocked out by the best team to drop out the champions league yet still got to the fa cup semis again unlucky to not win that and we finished 10th 

a win tonight will give everyone a huge boost and another quarter final where we could draw a big home or away Tie, imagine getting city or Liverpool down ewood full house ? Or even at their place ? Should always respect the cups they can turn a boring season into a decent one 

• Like 5

Remember it well. Look at the energy, passing and moving -on a muddy pitch. Roy -class -lovely shimmy.

Mimms

May   Hendry Moran Wright

Atkins  Sherwood Cowans   Wilcox

Newell Wegerle

Makes you weep.

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

You know you are small time when you are doing one-off sleeve sponsors for televised cup games.

Sort of thing Maidstone would do when they unexpectedly got through and put on TV in the next round.

Any port in a storm.

The money is running out. Court hearing two weeks today if it isn't postponed again. HMRC bill due.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Remember it well. Look at the energy, passing and moving -on a muddy pitch. Roy -class -lovely shimmy.

Mimms

May   Hendry Moran Wright

Atkins  Sherwood Cowans   Wilcox

Newell Wegerle

Makes you weep.

Newell + Wegerle 

Oh those were good days

10 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Any port in a storm.

The money is running out. Court hearing two weeks today if it isn't postponed again. HMRC bill due.

I can think of a quick guaranteed way to save £6,000 a week and it involves getting rid of the CEO.

Then however much the shadow man is on as well.

• Like 3

They money is running round the pitch at Selhurst park every other week.

Where has that gone, as surely that will at least keep the lights on for now, even when the court decision goes against us, which I suspect will be the case.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Hear hear! Can’t stand that attitude it’s the attitude Mowbray had, remember that 1st round against Wigan we didn’t bother so we expected us to really focus on promotion and we still fucked it 

go back to 2002 the cup was probes seen as a distraction by many alike this poster even in a relegation battle most the season and we won the league cup that actually kicked us on from there And we finished midtable in the end 

06/07 did well in Europe, narrowly knocked out by the best team to drop out the champions league yet still got to the fa cup semis again unlucky to not win that and we finished 10th 

a win tonight will give everyone a huge boost and another quarter final where we could draw a big home or away Tie, imagine getting city or Liverpool down ewood full house ? Or even at their place ? Should always respect the cups they can turn a boring season into a decent one 

Totally agree. I dont see how taking one extra game seriously (one that could lead to an FA cup quarter final) would be a terminal blow to any chances of survival. Its a bit of excitement amidst a boring season as you say. And it could have a real positive boost upon the run in.

Mowbray's record in the cups was as puzzling as it was shocking. Even thinking of that Wigan game, we didnt make wholesale changes yet still lost after that Pears performance. We also lost to Morecambe at home in the League cup having only made 2 or 3 changes so it wasnt as if he was treating them as an afterthought yet his cup record was woeful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree. I dont see how taking one extra game seriously (one that could lead to an FA cup quarter final) would be a terminal blow to any chances of survival. Its a bit of excitement amidst a boring season as you say. And it could have a real positive boost upon the run in.

Mowbray's record in the cups was as puzzling as it was shocking. Even thinking of that Wigan game, we didnt make wholesale changes yet still lost after that Pears performance. We also lost to Morecambe at home in the League cup having only made 2 or 3 changes so it wasnt as if he was treating them as an afterthought yet his cup record was woeful.

I don't care if we win or not either. I do care about Rovers, much as I don't want to.

I've reached the point where I don't care if we're relegated and the thought of Venkys turning up to Wembley if we were to make it via the cup or otherwise makes my blood boil.

It's all pointless while they're still here. I'm absolutely certain I'm not alone in feeling that way.

This game will be the first I can watch since the JDT to Eustace change. 

I'd have rather had a league game as I would be able to compare apples to apples but the potential of a cup upset is always appealing. 

On paper they are too good. Anthony Gordon could run Rovers ragged. 

3 hours ago, RTM08 said:

I wish the club could find sponsors other than gambling or vaping. Hideous stuff 

• Like 2