BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

17 minutes ago, Polky said:

Manchester City away for Newcastle in the next round. Best of luck 😂

You know what Polky, after the loss to Sheff Utd in the cup last season we all retired to a neighbour pub in Crookes Sheff.

The draw for the next round was on Tv - Manchester City v Sheffield  United 

A couple of blades sat at the bar started shouting at each other and stormed out. As they walked away you could hear the desperation and anger at drawing City.

Made the loss a little easier to take I can tell you 👍

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

You know what Polky, after the loss to Sheff Utd in the cup last season we all retired to a neighbour pub in Crookes Sheff.

The draw for the next round was on Tv - Manchester City v Sheffield  United 

A couple of blades sat at the bar started shouting at each other and stormed out. As they walked away you could hear the desperation and anger at drawing City.

Made the loss a little easier to take I can tell you 👍

Brilliant!

I remember being on the coach on the way back from that game, we saw the draw and all cheered up very quickly 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Fans lamenting last nights performance need to give their bloody heads a wobble. NUFC squad/team last night was valued at some £250m with quality across the park versus a team that cost no more than £5m. Rovers battled each to a man, it was an impressive effort greatly appreciated by the fans in the ground, hence the reason why they were applauded off the pitch.

I left feeling proud to be a Rover which hasn't been the case for a good while. Even the Geordie fans I met were remarking just how unlucky we were.

The roof lifted when SS equalised, if only we can recreate that atmosphere for the few home games that we have left.

Time to back the team!

I see you've returned and are chatting shit as usual.

Not one negative comment from anyone about that performance, it was first class and a reminder of what it used to be like watching this team.

By the way, what were those big changes that were supposed to happen that you promised us? This must be the fifth time I've directly asked you this question with absolutely zero response.

• Like 2

Back to the bbc team - thought it was good to hear Shearer  mention Tony Parkes in the build up...yes he is going to favour Newcastle but clearly still has fond memories Lineker I thought was his usual anti rovers his comments after the 1st half were way off - Murphy we know about maybe not as bad as he can be but anyone listening would think he used to be a decent footballer... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grinder said:

Back to the bbc team - thought it was good to hear Shearer  mention Tony Parkes in the build up...yes he is going to favour Newcastle but clearly still has fond memories Lineker I thought was his usual anti rovers his comments after the 1st half were way off - Murphy we know about maybe not as bad as he can be but anyone listening would think he used to be a decent footballer... 

Fuck off Lineker. You had the chance to be part of something great and you turned it down.

All you are now is a shit pundit and that's all you'll ever be.

Not fit to even kiss the boots of a great like Shearer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Ewood looked great last night, even better when I got back to see the TV highlights, there's something about the BBE and the Darwen End glowing at night that looks "proper". 

Why the club can't be more creative/competitive with it's pricing, I don't know it really frustrates fans.

Agreed and I've been saying this for years.

A packed Ewood benefits everyone, not least the boys on the pitch.

I find it absolute madness that we wouldn't do everything possibly to full the ground.

• Like 3

• J*B unpinned this topic
22 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Shout-out to whoever put on hardcore uproar

Cheers!!

I’m doing the match day playlists regularly now so expect to hear a lot more of it… just got to persuade them to bin the Chilli Peppers so we can run out to it!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Cheers!!

I’m doing the match day playlists regularly now so expect to hear a lot more of it… just got to persuade them to bin the Chilli Peppers so we can run out to it!

Get some crue on or steel panther in that case

• Downvote 1

Some interesting points in this LT article. For Example I didn't realise that their keeper was off his line for Hyam's penalty and it should have been retaken.

That just about sums up the official's night in my view.

Apologies if its already been posted, I haven't seen it before.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24150752.shearers-treats-tennis-balls-blackburn-moments-missed/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Cheers!!

Yeah get rid of them. That band is a pile of wank.

Chuck my bands tune in there an'all will ya 😉

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Cheers!!

I came across loads of comments on a 90's Rave group on facebook going on about Hardcore Uproar etc.

Was good to read it caught the attention of non Rovers fans all over the country, even better knowing so many neutrals were watching our game.  Not seen so many complimentary comments aimed at Rovers for a long long time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Cheers!!

Please, please get them to bin the Chilli Poopers! Horrible band. 

We should also have I Am The Resurrection in it's entirety too, and players and officials should be made to wait on the pitch to kick off for the full duration of the guitar solo 😂

Great work on the playlist @Miller11 - are you responsible for the trad version of No Nay Never too? Nice touch that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Yeah get rid of them. That band is a pile of wank.

Chuck my bands tune in there an'all will ya 😉

Yes! Still got a track from the Girona game so I’ll get it on at some point.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I came across loads of comments on a 90's Rave group on facebook going on about Hardcore Uproar etc.

Was good to read it caught the attention of non Rovers fans all over the country, even better knowing so many neutrals were watching our game.  Not seen so many complimentary comments aimed at Rovers for a long long time.

I was absolutely made up with that. Loads of traction on Twitter too. 

13 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Please, please get them to bin the Chilli Poopers! Horrible band. 

We should also have I Am The Resurrection in it's entirety too, and players and officials should be made to wait on the pitch to kick off for the full duration of the guitar solo 😂

Great work on the playlist @Miller11 - are you responsible for the trad version of No Nay Never too? Nice touch that.

😂 I knew it was sacrilege when I edited it down to cut the solo.

Can’t take credit for No Nay Never, they were already doing that and I think it’s good. I was responsible for Singing the Blues at full time against Stoke… hope we can have that a few more times this season!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

Lineker is and always has been a knob this is a man who went an entire career and didn't get booked, probably because he never made a tackle.

If Mike Tyson was the Baddest Man on the Planet saint Gary was/is the biggest wetwipe.

Anyway from watching it back he managed to refrain from his usual sneering towards Rovers in order to respect big Al who was happily going on about his time here until the tax dodger swiftly changed the subject to Newcastle.

We had our 5 mins in other words.

Courtesy of LT:

Lineker added: "They deserve credit do Blackburn. It was an inspirational performance at times against higher opposition.

"Blackburn and John Eustace deserve a lot of credit. They did their team proud."

10 hours ago, 47er said:

Some interesting points in this LT article. For Example I didn't realise that their keeper was off his line for Hyam's penalty and it should have been retaken.

That just about sums up the official's night in my view.

Apologies if its already been posted, I haven't seen it before.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24150752.shearers-treats-tennis-balls-blackburn-moments-missed/

The keepers were off their line for almost all the pens including when Pears saved theirs.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grinder said:

When is Lineker ever talking about Rovers? Thought he was fine and pleasantly surprised by Murphy who actually spoke about the club in positive terms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyoz said:

Courtesy of LT:

Lineker added: "They deserve credit do Blackburn. It was an inspirational performance at times against higher opposition.

"Blackburn and John Eustace deserve a lot of credit. They did their team proud."

What else could he say.

Edited by tomphil

34 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Lineker was a top Striker...he's just a shit,boring pundit with a Chip on his Shoulder about Rovers.

He was a top goal poacher of his type but he was a pretty crap footballer anywhere outside the box, so definitely not fit to lace Shearers boots.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Yes! Still got a track from the Girona game so I’ll get it on at some point.

I was absolutely made up with that. Loads of traction on Twitter too. 

😂 I knew it was sacrilege when I edited it down to cut the solo.

Can’t take credit for No Nay Never, they were already doing that and I think it’s good. I was responsible for Singing the Blues at full time against Stoke… hope we can have that a few more times this season!

A bit of Northside would be bang on. Back to the days of Granada Soccer Night.