BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

I have to say to a man I thought every single player deserves enormous credit and did the club proud.

Even Billy the kid considering his lack of game time, a debut against 1st choice Premier League players, he did a job. Nervy and a few mistakes but understandable.

Rode our luck at times but it was just brilliant to feel that buzz again which I feared was lost when JDT departed.

The foundations are there to kick on until the end of the season, secure safety and then the summer circus is back in town and who knows what comes next but tonight was about the players and the fans showing the best side of our club and on national television it was a great advert.

• Like 4

I’m not usually like this but can’t quite bring myself to give it the “really proud of the lads oh didn’t we do well” schtick just yet.

The game was there for the taking.

Fair, fair gutted tbh.

Suppose that shows how well we played.

So close.

Onwards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Southside Rover said:

I have to say to a man I thought every single player deserves enormous credit and did the club proud.

Even Billy the kid considering his lack of game time, a debut against 1st choice Premier League players, he did a job. Nervy and a few mistakes but understandable.

Rode our luck at times but it was just brilliant to feel that buzz again which I feared was lost when JDT departed.

The foundations are there to kick on until the end of the season, secure safety and then the summer circus is back in town and who knows what comes next but tonight was about the players and the fans showing the best side of our club and on national television it was a great advert

I will admit I expected so little and got so much 

And that is football

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

I can't help but think having Ewood as full as it's been in years helped the team too, some imagination required from the leadership team on how to acheive that.

Quite simples....get this Club back into the Prem and Ewood would most probably be near capacity for most games.

Are you listening Venkys?( are they feck)

• Like 6

Apologies because I may have been at the special sauce this evening but...

That was the most heartwarming rovers performance for a good while and it just reminds me that there will always be something left in this club even after the Venkys are done with it.

We took on a nation state and came out an inch second best. 

Let me tell you because I watched this game with a magpie 

We had them scared for a minute there 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gutted to go out but a fantastic effort tonight and a brilliant cup tie. People dismissed the game as not important but we were so close to creating a huge highlight across a number of seasons, thats what football is about. Tonight will also help to give confidence to the players and also the fans and help to convince people about the new manager.

Pears and Scott Wharton were stand out performers. Chrisene had a very impressive game, Hyam and McFadzean were solid too and I thought some of the subs notably Markanday and Ayari really showed up well. Buckley is also a big bonus and gives us real composure in the centre. To put up such a fight and take such a good team to penalties especially considering the lack of depth was very impressive.

Koumetio was the one player who looked like he had never played football in his life. With Pickering, Chrisene and Wharton all down that left side of the defence, lets hope he isnt needed again.

Was also a great atmosphere albeit not a well organised one with more ticketing issues causing embarassment. Also, to anyone who threw a tennis ball. If it even caused a modicum of the highlighting of our owners and the problems that remain, then fair play.

Disagree, thought Koumetio was very good. He and Ayari dallied for their goal but everything else from both was impressive, I felt.

I do feel that Telalovic should’ve come on over Sigurdsson. Whilst the later did ok, his lack of pace meant he didn’t offer much of an outlet. But it’s hard to criticise bearing in mind how close we came. Moreover, Telalovic is a gamble as he hasn’t played much

Whilst this result brings renewed hope, it couldn’t have been achieved without the energy and pace of our Prem loanees. We need to get this type of player in long-term to complement the decent technique but noticeable lack of athleticism in our squad. 

Word on Markanday, any manager that can have him playing in and around the box has a useful player. He has a shot and a bit of trickery. But he is too easy to snuff out in wide areas, though he did well today. And, I think he should’ve been a penalty taker in the first five. He’s made his name as a goal scorer in his youth and he’s no longer a youngster. I feel he should’ve been demanding it.

• Like 2

Gutted we didn't win but I am So proud of my Rovers players. Every player played their part in great performance and proud of every one of you.

Eustace had the players up for the game and got his tactics spot on Every sub played well. 

John Eustace's Blue and White Army 🔵

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I thought brittain started very well but seems to tire quickly(similar with Dolan) 

I think Sigurdsen has struggled to find a position that suits him for us,I like Garret and his tenacity (not going to be a sensational player, but I think he'll be a solid cm at this level) but he's not ready to be a regular starter

Funny to think we played that well without Jrc and Tronstad (who you'd normally think are 2 of our best senior players) 

Oh and Adam Wharton, who the commentator mentioned played a blinder against Burnley and must have left a big hole. Not tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 47er said:

I thought we got the worst of the 50-50-decisions Arbitro? And how did that handball go unseen and unpunished?

What about when Ayari won the ball in a 50/50 and it was a free kick.

What a fucking shit club they are. They are an even bigger joke than venkys FC. All that money, playing 12 men and they still couldn't beat a side from a division below that's been on its arse for the last fourteen years.

Fuck off Newcastle. Shit club. No history.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

So many players produced performances I had no idea were in them but hats off particularly to Moran, Markanday, Pears and Sigurdsson.

Now Eustace has the hardest job of all to distill last night and go again at Swansea.

• Like 1

They won't be scoring very high on their homework looking at that. Half those players were never playing last night 🤣 What an odd list, I bet half have them have barely taken a penalty in their life either. 

Still it makes for some social media attention for someone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

That Ayari for me has something.....like his tenacity and good player....

I agree. Showed some aggression too, which I didn't know was part of his game. The referee made some bad calls when he was involved, and didn't have the best game in my opinion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Billy was an enigma alright. A weird hybrid of brilliance and insanity, the way he totally lost play for Pears double save was bizarre then he had some sublime touches 

It was maybe nerves? First appearance for us late on against a prem side in the latter stages of the cup. I was concerned when he came on and raging when he somehow lost control. But by the end of the match he looked like a good acquisition. If Pears hadn’t pulled out a genius move then we might all be calling for Koumetio’s head now. Fine margins….

Really enjoyed last night, if only Ewood was rocking like that every game. 

Only negative was a 'know it all' gentleman sat behind me in the JW stand spouting negative shit throughout the match.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

That Ayari for me has something.....like his tenacity and good player....

Only seen a bit of him and he clearly struggled at Coventry but between him and the higher rated (by Brighton) Moran, I'd rather have him.  As you say, has a bit of spark and devilment about him.  He could be a shrewd signing for the right money.

Shame we don't have any. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Only seen a bit of him and he clearly struggled at Coventry but between him and the higher rated (by Brighton) Moran, I'd rather have him.  As you say, has a bit of spark and devilment about him.  He could be a shrewd signing for the right money.

Shame we don't have any. 

Moran definitely has potential too. Thought he was excellent last night, but he's been blowing hot and cold all season and if only he could weight his passes properly. Both the Brighton lads are only 20 years old so can't expect either to be the finished article yet.

Pears said his lay-off hade made him a better goalkeeper as he had focused on strengthening other parts of his game. I tend to agree. Better kicking and looks more confident to me. Repeating myself here but if he had been between the sticks all season, we wouldn't have been near the relegation zone.

7 hours ago, 47er said:

I thought we got the worst of the 50-50-decisions Arbitro? And how did that handball go unseen and unpunished?

Absolutely. My best friend was at the game as the referees coach and I sent him a post match text telling him exactly that. The foul count of Rovers 16 to Newcastle's 8 is completely unjust even in the eyes of a neutral. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Absolutely. My best friend was at the game as the referees coach and I sent him a post match text telling him exactly that. The foul count of Rovers 16 to Newcastle's 8 is completely unjust even in the eyes of a neutral. 

Amazing what you can buy with blood money.

Fans lamenting last nights performance need to give their bloody heads a wobble. NUFC squad/team last night was valued at some £250m with quality across the park versus a team that cost no more than £5m. Rovers battled each to a man, it was an impressive effort greatly appreciated by the fans in the ground, hence the reason why they were applauded off the pitch.

I left feeling proud to be a Rover which hasn't been the case for a good while. Even the Geordie fans I met were remarking just how unlucky we were.

The roof lifted when SS equalised, if only we can recreate that atmosphere for the few home games that we have left.

Time to back the team!

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

Really enjoyed last night, if only Ewood was rocking like that every game.

That shows the affection for Rovers remains strong but its latent.

We would win the supporters back on a regular basis if we had even average owners.

Here's hoping. C'mn Indian Courts---do your worst!