BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

Cruel game. Thought we subbed ourselves out of the game, but wonderful comeback. A little strange that Sammie plays every minute of every game and if he gets injured we're relegated. Some gamble that.

Can be proud of tonight. Don't criticise anyone for missing a pen in this situation, take one yourself.

The smirk on Shearers face. Fuck off.

Tough to choose a MOTM tonight, a lot of fantastic performances.

Good night. 

• Like 2

Can't gripe at that and that's a very rare occasion for me in recent times. Proud of the team, really left it all out there, played some lovely stuff, committed and gutsy and alot of quality. 

Shout out to Pears who has had alot of criticism but had the game of his life tonight and didn't put a foot wrong.

Well done to JE, had the lads well drilled a d up for it. We move on. Good night lads. Up the Rovers.

• Like 4

Not a fan of Hyam at all. Why was he stepping up when you'd have thought there were players far better suited? If you're going to volunteer, make bloody well certain you score!

That apart great effort. If we can keep Szmodics fit and play with that sort of organisation and spirit we should be OK.

• Like 1

Sick Sick Sick. Proud Proud Proud.

So many good performances from those on edges of the squad. Confidence of the players and the shape even with the three changes was excellent. 

At least the manager has options in the next few games. 

Buckley  looks a new signing and Markanday has his best game for us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well absolutely amazing effort - think how well we were setup and motivated is a very very good sign about Eustace.

Want to see exactly the same on Saturday against Swansea.

He got a performance out of Markanday and Moran and Ayari didn't look out of place at CM.

He might be a miracle worker. 

• Like 5

A disappointing end, but an enthralling cup tie and a performance that all of the players should be proud of. Anyone being critical should go and do something else with their lives, nights like this are why you are a supporter.

Every single player deserves credit. Yes, a few were better than others, but that was the definition of a team effort. Most of all, I think that performance should shut a few critics up for a bit. Several of those players have been slaughtered for being terrible signings, not good enough to wear the shirt, and a sign of a future in League One.

The pressure is now on them to replicate that performance and show consistency, but many have been judged before they've even been given the chance to play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Bollox anyway.  Hyam shouldn;t have taken one.

One of the kids misses it and Hyam should have taken it as captain. Catch 22. Great effort from the lads, I'm proud of them all!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Brilliant effort by Rovers, could easily have won in normal time

Shearer gone down in my estimation tonight - he should have been more neutral for this game

We all know where he stands. But the smirk at the end was poor form.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Rovers looked the better team for most of the game and I didn’t think Newcastle deserved that.

When will we get a bit of luck?

For how long have we been saying that, it just never seems to go our way. Valiant effort but beaten, I can’t remember the last time we managed to win a match when it really mattered.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Massive congratulation to Eustace for getting the team to compete and match a Premier League team for 120 minutes.

Gives alot of hope for the future

A worry that Sam came off with a calf injury though. We were stretched coming in, we're worse coming out of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Which championship-level center backs would you name? I respect the captain stepping up but I'd rather see an attacking player take a 'final' penalty every time. Same goes with England.

Have you ever been in a penalty shoot-out ? Sometimes the attacking players do not want to take a pen.