BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

Just now, roverandout said:

Fucking ridiculous.  We've got markandy we've got others. Centrebacks taking pens never fucking works 

There are plenty of centre backs who can take good penalties

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Fucking ridiculous.  We've got markandy we've got others. Centrebacks taking pens never fucking works 

Ok he missed it (keeper knocked it onto the post) but it was a proper captain who takes the last penalty.

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

Wrong choices for penalties IMO. Szmodics was clearly fucked and despite his confidence I expected it to be saved. A CB shouldn't really be one of our top 5 takers. Markanday has a good shot on him, should've been him.

Ah well, Eustace got a lot of other things right tonight.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Brilliant effort by Rovers, could easily have won in normal time

Shearer gone down in my estimation tonight - he should have been more neutral for this game

Why? He's literally a Newcastle fan?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

There are plenty of centre backs who can take good penalties

Which championship-level center backs would you name? I respect the captain stepping up but I'd rather see an attacking player take a 'final' penalty every time. Same goes with England.

• Like 1

Just now, Displaced Rover said:

Proud of them today. Expected to get battered. They’ve all worked their socks off. Let’s take it into the league.

Newcastle though, what a tinpot team. Celebrating like that for beating a second division team. Hope they draw City and get pumped…

To be fair they've just beaten a far more successful club at their home ground - it's a big win for them. One of the biggest nights in their history you'd think. 

• Like 4