BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Is batty back and fit for the bench? I hope to see him in our lineup soon 

I expect he will be playing for the under 21's at Aston Villa tomorrow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Is batty back and fit for the bench? I hope to see him in our lineup soon 

56 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Pears

Hyam.  Wharton. Pickering

Brittain moran Buckley GarrettChrisene

Telalovic.  Dolan

Subs: wahlsted, Fadz, Billy the kid, Batty, duru, ayari, siggy, gilsenan, gally

I'd give szmodics the night off, I'd only give gally the 2nd half and hope we aren't out of it by then. 

We'll be out of it soon as we kick off. Dross side v Premiership team!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

It'll be a brave call to stick Koumetio into the starting 11 when he's only made the bench once and not played a single minute under the new manager.

If he doesn't start Fadz, it'll be either Chrisene or Pickering in the back 3, the other at LWB.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

Couldn't care less about this game in all honesty. I hope he's not silly enough to play our strongest 11.

All focus needs to be on the next 3 league games. If we don't pick up at least a couple of wins from those then we are heading for league 1. Stoke will probably change their manager soon so we need to pick up some points. Not that we've had any real new manager bounce but most clubs do.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

We wont go down. There's loads of dross in our division and we have a head start on many of them.

Meanwhile we are Blackburn Rovers Football Club, founder members of the football league, six times winners of this competition, playing at Ewood Park, in the famous blue and white, with a chance of getting through to the quarter finals. Televised.

Our best players will want to be in the shop window. Our manager can help his standing going forward. They owe it to the fans to try and win.

Once upon a time our biggest game was a Full Members Cup final. Uncle Jack taught us all it was ok to dream.

agreed. going to be spectacle.

lets show newcastle what its like to play against a former premier league champion. hope ewood is rocking 

hope the lads, whoever play, bring that spirit and mentality the club's history and our fans deserve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I just cant fathom this attitude, you dont care? I dont fully believe it, youve posted here for a start, will you not be attending or even watching?

Its a tie against the side that finished 4th last season in the Premier League for a place in the FA cup quarter finals. An unlikely upset and we are a game from Wembley and would get a huge boost. Whats the point if days like that are just dismissed as an unwanted inconvenience?

Taking this serious doesnt have to be a terminal blow to our chances of staying up.

I will watch, of course. And of course I hope we win but I won't care too much if we don't. It has very little to no impact on the club. 

When you are in serious danger of dropping into league one, which we are, then these types of games are not important. A win here is a nice boost for the club, but relegation to league 1 is a disaster.

Playing 3 games a week has (almost) been a terminal blow for us this season. We have a tiny squad and the more games we play, the more injuries we get. If we get injuries now to key players then we are looking at a terminal situation given we need to pick up points in the next 3 games. We can easily go on a run of 1 win in 11 games again if we are missing key players. That would relegate us.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

We wont go down. There's loads of dross in our division and we have a head start on many of them.

Meanwhile we are Blackburn Rovers Football Club, founder members of the football league, six times winners of this competition, playing at Ewood Park, in the famous blue and white, with a chance of getting through to the quarter finals. Televised.

Our best players will want to be in the shop window. Our manager can help his standing going forward. They owe it to the fans to try and win.

Once upon a time our biggest game was a Full Members Cup final. Uncle Jack taught us all it was ok to dream.

What makes you think we won't go down? We are 4 points off the relegation places and have barely won a game this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose on Saturday to put us even closer into the mire. That's how bad we are.

Stoke will change their manager soon and then we are hoping and praying they don't get a new manager bounce otherwise we're in big trouble. 

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

What makes you think we won't go down? We are 4 points off the relegation places and have barely won a game this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose on Saturday to put us even closer into the mire. That's how bad we are.

Stoke will change their manager soon and then we are hoping and praying they don't get a new manager bounce otherwise we're in big trouble. 

those two home games against millwall and plymouth are absolutely crucial,if we don`t get 6 points from those we are up **** creek

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

5 games - 5 conceded - 6 scored - 6 points from 15 - 1.2 points per game.

We have won one, drawn three and lost one under Eustace. We have stopped conceding 2+ goals a game, are unbeaten at Ewood, have rationalised our approach, are now playing the percentages, have a head start on others, have made life simpler and some of our better players have returned from injury. Plus I do.not rate some of our peers.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I will watch, of course. And of course I hope we win but I won't care too much if we don't. It has very little to no impact on the club. 

When you are in serious danger of dropping into league one, which we are, then these types of games are not important. A win here is a nice boost for the club, but relegation to league 1 is a disaster.

Playing 3 games a week has (almost) been a terminal blow for us this season. We have a tiny squad and the more games we play, the more injuries we get. If we get injuries now to key players then we are looking at a terminal situation given we need to pick up points in the next 3 games. We can easily go on a run of 1 win in 11 games again if we are missing key players. That would relegate us.

Yes but it could go the other way! The 2002 cup final win spurred the team on for the rest of the season. Confidence comes from winning matches so don’t belittle a win against a middling Prem team in the FA Cup. Might work wonders for the club and supporters 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Very little to no impact on the club and not important. Its a chance to get to an FA Cup quarter final and a chance to go up against a Premier League side full of top players. If all that is not important and has no impact, then whats the point in supporting if any excitement is removed in favour of having to put every last drop into treading water.

Also its a chance for a real confidence boost and a real statement of intent from the manager who is yet to win a game. Plus would one game extra really be a terminal blow to our survival chances?

• Like 2

We could be very embarrassed by this game. Newcastle have had some poor results recently and will want to atone in front of a big away crowd.

If we rest key players we will be slaughtered so we shouldn't let the home crowd down in that way.

However I fear the influx of cash from 7000 Geordies will be the only result for us.

Hope i'm wrong!

• Like 1

3-1 rovers. It ignites the team and we go on an incredible run for the rest of the season.  Sneak the playoffs on last day of the season. Win the playoffs get sold to the Qutar sovereign wealth fund who casually bin Eustace and hire out of work coach Jose Mourinho. Jose spends 150mil in the summer and finishes us 5 in  the league and Europe. 

Rovers fans complain that we don't play attractive football, can't be doing with all this park the bus shit.

Edited by Blow-in
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

3-1 rovers. It ignites the team and we go on an incredible run for the rest of the season.  Sneak the playoffs on last day of the season. Win the playoffs get sold to the Qutar sovereign wealth fund who casually bin Eustace and hire out of work coach Jose Mourinho. Jose spends 150mil in the summer and finishes us 5 in  the league and Europe. 

Rovers fans complain that we don't play attractive football, can't be doing with all this park the bus shit.

Is that a rented bus, or have we bought our own ? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Is that a rented bus, or have we bought our own ? 

While I'm dreaming, we demote waggot to bus driver, fill the bus with pigshit and make home drive to all the games for no reason while out players take private jets to all the games.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I just cant fathom this attitude, you dont care? I dont fully believe it, youve posted here for a start, will you not be attending or even watching?

Its a tie against the side that finished 4th last season in the Premier League for a place in the FA cup quarter finals. An unlikely upset and we are a game from Wembley and would get a huge boost. Whats the point if days like that are just dismissed as an unwanted inconvenience?

Taking this serious doesnt have to be a terminal blow to our chances of staying up.

He rested Hedges against Cardiff and the inevitable happened on Saturday. 

I'll be there and I'm hoping he goes with a strong team, I'd say getting a good result/performance tomorrow night would be more beneficial going into the Swansea game than resting players and accepting defeat. 

If be pretty pissed off of we played a weakened team, if people are carrying knocks that's a different story, they shouldn't be risked. This is the last real chance of any sort of joy this season.

Expecting to get pumped but you never know.

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If be pretty pissed off of we played a weakened team, if people are carrying knocks that's a different story, they shouldn't be risked. This is the last real chance of any sort of joy this season.

Expecting to get pumped but you never know.

we can`t play a weakened side,mainly because we`ve hardly got a side to rotate,i suppose tronstadt,smzodics and gallagher could be given a night off but who do you replace them with🙄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Couldn't care less about this game in all honesty. I hope he's not silly enough to play our strongest 11.

All focus needs to be on the next 3 league games. If we don't pick up at least a couple of wins from those then we are heading for league 1. Stoke will probably change their manager soon so we need to pick up some points. Not that we've had any real new manager bounce but most clubs do.

Where’s the fun?

You sound like some kind of corporate bean counter. 

• Like 4