BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

Just now, matt83 said:

Telalovic can't even get on the pitch when we're 5-1 up. Clearly doesn’t rate him, like his predecessor didn’t.

Yeah if you won't play him now the he has to be sold in the summer. 

7 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Yeah I remember Swansea in the 80s

Yep, whilst we were doing our job at the old Eastville stadium, the knobbers were fucking it up against Swansea. Will always hold this against them.

• Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Football bloody hell. Sunderland safe and switched off for the season? It’s the only explanation. Very welcome though 

We beat Ipswich with a less biased ref. 

Sunderland had Jobe Bellingham (a midfielder) leading the line today - they were toothless. 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Anyone got a good explanation for why we have kept Szmodics on the pitch?

I think he must have said to the management he never wants to ve substituted unless absolutely necessary. Same under JDT, never comes off.

• Like 1

Just a side thought - massively artificially inflated attendance today, clearly. Covert way for owners to get cash into a club? Have an intern mindlessly buying tickets up all week?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I think he must have said to the management he never wants to ve substituted unless absolutely necessary. Same under JDT, never comes off.

I imagine it was because he was on a hattrick and Eustace bottled taking him off. 

After CB, #10 is our strongest position - we have about 5 players lined up to play there, but Szmodics is never subbed off. 

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Club comes first and at 1 5, that isn’t in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Bethnal said:

Just a side thought - massively artificially inflated attendance today, clearly. Covert way for owners to get cash into a club? Have an intern mindlessly buying tickets up all week?

Season tickets are counted as part of the gate. 

• Like 1

Dolans best game in a rovers shirt in a long time. 
Tronstad on a free is surely the bargain of the decade? Moran & Markanday with a nice cameo.

I see the Nobbers haven’t helped us out…Again - But 5 points clear with a healthier GD is nice.

Still loads to do but really happy for Eustace! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 5

Who put the Ball in the Sunderland net?,who put the Ball in the Sunderland net?...half the fookin team did!

Fantastic result,what do I know about Football....nearly as good as smashing those Clarrott gobshytes on another famous April fools day😆

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

Everything went our way today! Finally we had some luck. Best April Fool's Day in years.

Hyam was near perfect today. Szmodics clinical. Hedges is a rolls royce, keep him fit and we are good. The subs today were good. Rovers and Eustace deserved this victory. Let's get a couple more wins and we should be safe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apart from the last game against Ipawich!

He didn't look that good against Ipswich.

Every now and again, like today, he looks like a really useful player that warrants some of the hype he gets (Luton interested in him etc). 

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Club comes first and at 1 5, that isn’t in the best interests of Bkackburn Rovers.

Yeah agreed but after 2 years at the club under two different managers he has never been subbed to save his legs / protect him. Even when looks absolutely shattered, carrying a knock etc.

There must be something where he has made it clear he wants to always be on. Fair play as well as he never stops running. Got to respect that attitude.