BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

29 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

Waggot needs to provide a justification as to why gave them the full darwen end ? How on earth has that been allowed to happen in a game as big as this? An absolute disgrace. Their players on post match interview “it felt like a home game” says it all.

He won't justify anything...he's getting rich taking the piss out the lunes and worst of all fans. 

• Like 4

Mistakes made again cost us today game. Simple as. Pears for the first goal and third goal, then Szmodics for second goal. 

We got back into the game with a great finish by Szmodics and for rest of the half I thought we were fine. 

Until Szmodics mistake I didn't see Sheff Wed scoring but I didn't see us scoring. 

I would like to see Buckley on early before Sheff Wednesday scored their second and I thought Eustace was too slow with his triple subs. 

It is still in our hands and we must beat Coventry on Saturday now for me. I don't want it to go the last day of the season

52 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Is Wharton's heart in it? Third game in a row he's come of injured. This is a bloke who was moaning about not playing the other day. That challenge for the second goal summed him up, soft.

Wharton is on crutches post game actually. 

17 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Happy clappers at the end clapping them.and arguing over irate fans what's that about .

where did this happen in the Blackburn End? 

56 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Outthought and outfought.

Most of them are spineless, but special mentions to Brittain, Hyam and Gallagher.

As I say every week, I wish we had a left footed Brittain to play at LB. He's a fantastic player at this level. Pickering stopped every one of our attacks he was involved with. It must be a dream to line up across from him, he runs like he's got a piano on his back. 

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think he did much wrong today - he set us up well (3 CBs to deal with their physicality) and we nullified them. You can't really account for your GK gifting them 2 goals. 

Even taking the mistakes out, they worked far harder than us and had more of a gameplan.  We just piss about with it in the hope Sammy makes a good run and we can release him. That’s it. That’s our plan.

Edited by Hasta

57 minutes ago, yankfan said:

We need at minimum 8 quality Permanente signings through the door in the summer. We won’t get it but that’s what’s needed 

If we just had the Rotherham GK this season we'd be sat somewhere in midtable waiting for the season to end. 

• Like 2

Gutless, embarrassing.

A shocking display from every single player. I can’t remember a performance, ever, littered with so many mistakes and the complete inability to do the basics. The lack of fight in this situation was also inexcusable. I don’t think the ‘don’t lose’ set up from the manager helped either - played straight in to the hands of Wednesday who were prepared to fight and took the candy from us.

Back to hoping a couple of other teams are somehow even worse than us.

As ever, we all know the root cause of this.

Venkys Out.

53 minutes ago, superniko said:

Yeah true, perhaps I’m being generous and ‘academy bias’ there. 
I just really don’t want to be watching Pears, Wahlstedt, Brittain, Hyam, Buckley, Gallagher next season. They’re all so so so soft, and barely, if at all, Championship quality. 

Their quality shouldn’t be a problem next seeing as they won’t be playing in the championship 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Just a thought, an even more slimmed down side in league one will not require £20M a year to sustain. Venkies keep club, save face save money and sod the supporters. 

They're money laundering - that figure will remain at £20m regardless of what division we're in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As I say every week, I wish we had a left footed Brittain to play at LB. He's a fantastic player at this level. Pickering stopped every one of our attacks he was involved with. It must be a dream to line up across from him, he runs like he's got a piano on his back. 

Brittain all the tools none of the gile 

pickering all the gile non of the tools 

• Like 1

I think that’s the worst performance I’ve seen at Ewood. If not worst it’s right up there.  Certainly the most spineless.

Just abject across the team. Shocking initial setup, with no plan B or attempt to adjust during the game and of course helped by them having 7k behind them.

Just a shocking reflection of the whole club both on and off the field.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Even taking the mistakes out, they worked far harder than us and had more of a gameplan.  We just piss about with it in the hope Sammy makes a good run and we can release him. That’s it. That’s our plan.

It's not a bad plan when the other options are Dolan, Gallagher, Telalovic and Markanday. We have nothing upfront. 

Add another one to the pile of home defeats this season. Gutless, useless and overpaid bunch of clowns on and off the field.

They don’t care and it shows on the pitch. All Sheff Wed did was want it more than we did.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Gutless, embarrassing.

A shocking display from every single player. I can’t remember a performance, ever, littered with so many mistakes and the complete inability to do the basics. The lack of fight in this situation was also inexcusable. I don’t think the ‘don’t lose’ set up from the manager helped either - played straight in to the hands of Wednesday who were prepared to fight and took the candy from us.

Back to hoping a couple of other teams are somehow even worse than us.

As ever, we all know the root cause of this.

Venkys Out.

I completely agree with you pal but be thing I will say is yes the owners are fucking shit but as professional footballers when do the players take some personal responsibility as a pro footballer 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

It will be the worst couple of keepers I have ever known at Rovers in over 40 years, that will send us down.

I appreciate without him we would already be relegated - but today Smodics gave away the ball that directly led to a goal and also missed a good chance to make it 2-2.

I can't same I am optimistic, but I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised to see us beat Coventry next week.

But it was to the Tackle of the Century, according to commentary.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Surprised you left the keeper off that list.

And not the first time he’s cost us games either by a long chalk. Brian Clough once said “nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper” and there was a fella who knew what he was talking about!

He followed that up by saying “ so sign the best one you can afford “. Maybe we did ! Keep hold of Kaminski and we wouldn’t be in this mess.

• Like 6

This group cannot handle pressure. Simply they cannot handle the pressure of being behind. The current and previous manager have been categorically unable to turn games around. 

Recently we played very well against Leeds and Southampton, we never went behind. Equally we were absolutely atrocious against Sheff Wed and Bristol City, both teams that are equal if not of a lower standard but could find no way to turn up. Very, very worrying.

• Like 3