BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Out of who will be left, pick one Rovers player who will flourish for us in League One

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That team would struggle in League 1.

JRC is one of the few players that might be of interest to Championship clubs should we go down, unless they would give him a miss due to his injuries.

I only really included JRC in that 11 as I expect Brittain will want out, I think Carter would probably have clubs sniffing around and I didn't want to put a ? at right back.

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive no idea where this idea that hes a good player just not being utilised in his best position comes from when that supposed best position is one hes never played in.

Maybe he's a GK. Couldn't do much worse than AP

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive no idea where this idea that hes a good player just not being utilised in his best position comes from when that supposed best position is one hes never played in.

From the abilities he does possess. These have shown up in games for our and Tottenhams reserves. He sees danger areas in the box, has good movement, and a wicked shot. These are the attributes of a number 10, unfortunately for Markanday that is where Szmodics is playing so well, so Markanday is played out wide, where he has no viable attributes at all. 

Edited by rigger

Very much depends upon who escapes the summer cull but if it is as bad as some of us fear the lack of anyone of any merit coming to mind to answer the question suggests we could very well be plumbing new depths in twelve months time. It could be that serious. It is quite conceivable that after Leicester we could be in the bottom three for the first and only time.

My joke answer is Telalovic scored 42 goals in the league for Derby County on my football manager save.  In which case if we do go down I may pre emptively get the 500/1 bet on.  

Back into the real world I can see Gilsenan, Leonard, Markanday and Gent developing well.  

• Like 1

I'd clear the decks and play mainly kids.

We're going to be shit either way, so we might as well give the promising kids a season to learn and develop.

Leo / Michalski

DF from:

O'Riordan
Batty
Barnes
Wharton
Duru
Davies
Acheson

MF:

Gilsenan
Whitehall
Finneran
Buckley
Edmondson
Farkas

ST:

Leonard
Tyjon
Telalovic
Nsangou

42 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'd clear the decks and play mainly kids.

We're going to be shit either way, so we might as well give the promising kids a season to learn and develop.

Leo / Michalski

DF from:

O'Riordan
Batty
Barnes
Wharton
Duru
Davies
Acheson

MF:

Gilsenan
Whitehall
Finneran
Buckley
Edmondson
Farkas

ST:

Leonard
Tyjon
Telalovic
Nsangou

I am 100% sure that the above squad ends in League 2. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am 100% sure that the above squad ends in League 2. 

I'd struggle to say otherwise for the existing squad, to be fair.

26 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'd struggle to say otherwise for the existing squad, to be fair.

Rotherham will be top half minimum, probably promotion contenders, and theyve got less than half the points we do.

Regardless of league, we need to gut the squad and sign a large number, not promote the youth team. Im no expert on the under 21s but i dont think a few of your names are regulars.

Your plan is cutting standards even below Venkys which is quite impressive!

9 hours ago, Andy said:

I need to reel that in a bit, I'll end up as the next manager and/or CEO.

Both, cheaper that way.

You've been following football for a long time and you're not as thick as the walls of Skipton castle so compared to maggot you're massively over qualified. 

• Like 2