BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

7 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Love that one, very unlikely Millwall fan.

If we were able to choose who to play away on the last day, Sunderland would be one of my first picks (as opposed to Rotherham!)

• Like 1

Going to be a tough one to call, you would hope that Hull would do us a favour as they are still in with a shout of the playoffs, Norwich might not as safely in playoffs as two teams are definetely not going to catch us, i think we will lose at Leicester but stay up just

2 hours ago, GaryC said:

Going to be a tough one to call, you would hope that Hull would do us a favour as they are still in with a shout of the playoffs, Norwich might not as safely in playoffs as two teams are definetely not going to catch us, i think we will lose at Leicester but stay up just

Norwich will go full strength at Birmingham as they will want to finish 5th 

20 hours ago, Groundhog said:

My worst fear with this game is that he might buck the trend and actually try and go and win this one, compared to when he should have against Millwall, SW at home. I've got this worry that he'll think they won't be up for a fight, and it'll cost us as they'll raise their game. 

I've stuck a tenner on us to lose, Plymouth and Brum to win, and SW double chance at 90/1, as to me that seems a totally normal day in the madness that is this season's Championship. My bets never come off.

It should be an easy game to get them up for, it's one game, one cup final to give it their all, in our hands, just give fucking everything for one game! What is playing on my mind is that after 15-20 mins there's a chance that Brum and Plymouth could be 1-0 up, and the players will hear about it and then start to wilt under the pressure, as we know they're well capable of doing. 

No chance that's 90/1?  More like 19/1 surely? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Groundhog said:

My worst fear with this game is that he might buck the trend and actually try and go and win this one, compared to when he should have against Millwall, SW at home. I've got this worry that he'll think they won't be up for a fight, and it'll cost us as they'll raise their game. 

I've stuck a tenner on us to lose, Plymouth and Brum to win, and SW double chance at 90/1, as to me that seems a totally normal day in the madness that is this season's Championship. My bets never come off.

It should be an easy game to get them up for, it's one game, one cup final to give it their all, in our hands, just give fucking everything for one game! What is playing on my mind is that after 15-20 mins there's a chance that Brum and Plymouth could be 1-0 up, and the players will hear about it and then start to wilt under the pressure, as we know they're well capable of doing. 

90/1 haha that's a eusticism . 

No chance it's 90s

It'll be worse than a Saturday evening episode of Dr. Who when I was a kid....I wish I didn't give a toss, but as we know, your club is a big part of your life and for us to be so mired in negativity and facing a strong chance of the drop, it is not easy to stay upbeat.

The last game of season 2023-24 should have been a celebration, not an anxious wait at the bedside of an ailing loved one. Let's just hope we aren't collectively planning a funeral come 2.30 tomorrow...:(

Come on, you maddening, saddening, mighty Blues. C'mon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Should be this team. But won’t be as Eusless only plays senior players, safety first, boring football with no imagination.

We’re probably going to lose anyway so we may as well do it whilst playing young athletic lads with energy.

We’d already be safe now had he took the game to the opposition rather than playing for clean sheets & largely drab points. Holding the recruitment team back, holding the club back in planning for next season, reducing season ticket sales further. Bore off Eusless!

IMG_6855.jpeg

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 2

I was in a room yesterday with a Blues fan, a Wednesday fan and 2 Rovers fans........

We all agreed Plymouth would go down, a couple had put "Heart break" bets on, getting 18/1 and 20/1 respectively. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out, the bookies don't often get it wrong 🤞

Ps - Just a word on Rovers fans travelling tomorrow, tickets sold out a while back I hear. You are all a credit to this great club of ours and deserve better, much better. Each week we read about the tremendous support away from home, you should all be very proud of your efforts.

Leicester 1 Rovers 3 (Do it for the fans)

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Should be this team. But won’t be as Eusless only plays senior players, safety first, boring football with no imagination.

We’re probably going to lose anyway so we may as well do it whilst playing young athletic lads with energy.

We’d already be safe now had he took the game to the opposition rather than playing for clean sheets & largely drab points. Holding the recruitment team back, holding the club back in planning for next season, reducing season ticket sales further. Bore off Eusless!

IMG_6855.jpeg

Gilsenan is injured, has been for the past couple of weeks

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Probably the least nervous I have ever been before a big game, like the 10/11 season against Wolves due to the amount that would have to go against us for us to drop.

I liken this season to that 2010/11 season where we doing well under Sam, and were actually 7th in the Prem as late as mid January before k*an got his chops fully into the side.

From there we slowly drifted towards the bottom end of the table without really looking like going down, but we still needed something on the last day just to confirm it. Whilst we did end up winning to confirm it, we could have lost 15-0 and still not gone down thanks to the sides below us losing.

That's exactly how I see tomorrow going. Although we all know what happened the year after that 10-11 season and I think next season will follow the exact same pattern.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 8

44 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

IMG_6855.jpeg

Gilsenan is injured.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I was in a room yesterday with a Blues fan, a Wednesday fan and 2 Rovers fans........

We all agreed Plymouth would go down, a couple had put "Heart break" bets on, getting 18/1 and 20/1 respectively. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out, the bookies don't often get it wrong 🤞

Ps - Just a word on Rovers fans travelling tomorrow, tickets sold out a while back I hear. You are all a credit to this great club of ours and deserve better, much better. Each week we read about the tremendous support away from home, you should all be very proud of your efforts.

Leicester 1 Rovers 3 (Do it for the fans)

I have a bad niggling feeling that we'll go down on goal difference by a single goal, because that is just about the only outcome more painful than the 2016/17 relegation. I don't usually bet, but have also put in my heart break bets.

Don't think i can bear to watch tomorrow, will probably just check the results in trepidation after its done...

image0.jpeg

5 hours ago, ABBEY said:

90/1 haha that's a eusticism . 

No chance it's 90s

On 02/05/2024 at 13:51, Miller11 said:

You’ve got a very generous bookie offering 90/1 on that! Who is the bet with? 

Unfortunately the above scenario is a lot more likely than those odds would suggest.

It was a typo, it's 19/1

I sincerely apologiese for any grievance caused

as you where

• Like 2

think we`ll ship 3 or 4 goals tommorow,leicester,even with nothing to play for will move the ball far quicker than we react to,only bonus is dewsbury-hall missing for them,cracking player that lad,vardy playing on the shoulder of mcfadzean and hyam is a bit unfair innit😫

Even if Rovers lose, it would be some feat if Plymouth and Brum both won and Owls avoided defeat especially as these are teams currently below us in the league in 20th, 21st and 22nd positions.  I can't see it happening.

However, football does spring surprises and never more so in the desperation stakes of the last game of the season.

I have harboured a nightmarish thought for some time that we would find ourselves in the bottom three for the first time on the last day of the season and get relegated, again, on goal difference.  To make matters worse, my missus who has something of a sixth sense has got something special in for tomorrow night's dinner including a fine red and uncannily this seems to happen when she senses my spirits need a lift!

As the great Dave Allen used to say when signing off "may your God go with you."  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Birmingham doing £2 a pint at the ground and have sold out within 2 days.

If we were at home we'd be filling the Darwen end

That was true against Sheff wed, filled the darwen end forgot about the rest of the ground.

12 short months ago we were going into the last match hoping for a playoff place. Where did it all go wrong ?

I'm reasonably confident we will stay up but I think it will be through the failure of others rather than a great performance by us. Just worried about people getting injured in the rush for season tickets once the prices are announced.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

12 short months ago we were going into the last match hoping for a playoff place. Where did it all go wrong ?

I'm reasonably confident we will stay up but I think it will be through the failure of others rather than a great performance by us. Just worried about people getting injured in the rush for season tickets once the prices are announced.

The 2023 January transfer window when we failed to invest in the team (the transfer deals were deliberately sabotaged in my opinion). The money was officially stopped in the summer (with drastic cut backs of the playing squad) and this state of play continued in January 2024. 

• Like 3