BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

We had 3 CBs (Pickering, McFadz, Carter), with Brittain and Chrisene at wing backs.
But we defended excellently today.
Pears made some good saves, whilst not forgetting the points his errors have cost us this season.

Had to be SS, didn't it?

If I'm being honest, I didn't feel relief today. Frustration at being in that position and almost an acceptance that we were going down once B'ham had scored.

I wish I could be optimistic about a refresh in the summer, but the last 12-13 years have shown that it's going to be the same old.

This. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

As a side note, I really dislike Norwich after that. What a pathetic performance from them today. Thankfully it didn't matter in the end. 

You could say the same about Leicester tbf

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Great day and congratulations to the players and John Eustace whose approach to saving the club from relegation was vindicated today.

Love the down votes you're getting. 

Every other post laments that we have a shockingly poor squad and yet the same fans expect us to get after teams.

Eustace has come in and done a job. Let's see if the taps are turned on again in the summer. 

• Like 5

Just now, rovers11 said:

As a side note, I really dislike Norwich after that. What a pathetic performance from them today. Thankfully it didn't matter in the end. 

Wagner again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wagner again.

To be fair Leicester did exactly the same as Norwich, and did it infront of their own fans.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Pears did rather well too.

Pears kept us in the game several times today, the lad had a blinder and Eustace kept us in the league, job done. 

We can all look forward to next seasons relegation battle now...

But spare a thought for Birmingham City, who had new owners take over in the summer. New owners who thought it would be a good idea to replace the then manager John Eustace, who had the club sat in a playoff spot.

You reap what you sow, its always the fans the suffer sadly. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Hard to watch Trav celebrating at Ipswich.

Strong suspicion he doesn’t come back. Won’t be captain, won’t be first-choice and won’t be playing where he’d want to. Probably saying “take me with you!” to Ipswich coaching staff, but he’s barely had a kick after the first few games.

• Like 1

Just so glad we didn't choke. The immediate feeling is pure relief. Hanging at the back of my mind is still the sense that this is in all likelihood just a stay of execution, but at least we're still alive. 

The Championship is so tight and Ipswich has shown that you can do wonders without breaking the bank - you do this by investing in good coaching, correct signings to fit the system and running the club well. Everything we lack. Until we can sort out Maggot and Venky's, we will not have the foundations right.

On to the summer of low-budget non-moves and the deadline day cock-ups. It feels like we should actually have something in the bank this summer and FFP can't be an excuse now - let's see what tale Maggot cooks up this time. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I see Vardy, congratulating our guys.
Class act 

He gets a lot of stick but I like the guy(his wife is another matter)He's worked hard throughout his career and got some fantastic rewards. Would love a few with his attitude in our squad. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Strong suspicion he doesn’t come back. Won’t be captain, won’t be first-choice and won’t be playing where he’d want to. Probably saying “take me with you!” to Ipswich coaching staff, but he’s barely had a kick after the first few games.

All that may be different under Eustace though

3 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

The below stats show he's done a great job

This season

Win/draw/loss
JDT 10/3/17
JE 4/8/5

goals conceded per game
JDT 1.9
JE 1.1

goals scored per game 
JDT 1.45
JE 1.05

He took a team that had the worst form and defence in the league, only lost 5 of his 17 games, plugged the leaky defence and made us hard to beat, had bristol not put 5 past us we'd have conceded less than a goal a game under Eustace. He's done his job in keeping us up so he now deserves full backing from fans and the board to kick on with a clean slate next season. It hasn't been pretty, but pretty football was sending us down to league one.

I know it’s not a popular opinion, but I agree with you on Eustace. 

Detractors could say he got back several players Tomasson didn’t have, but JE really shored up the leaky defense (Bristol nightmare excluded). 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Relieved that it's all behind us now. 

Is it any coincidence that we get a clean sheet when Fadz starts with Hyam and Wharton out? Those 2 have been a MASSIVE problem for us this season and a big reason why we were down there. I'd certainly be giving Fadz another season, he was brilliant again today, just making life difficult for the likes of Vardy and Ineheacho... Looks and plays better than former top prem centre halves at the end of their career. Carter and O'Riordon will learn buckets off him. Dominic Hyam can go, put him up for sale, I never want to see his face again in our kit, makes me sick. 

Absolutely huge summer ahead of us. People are talking about the amount of money we'll have to spend... It will certainly help but it's about more than that, you have to get the right players. 

Really sad watching Sammie go off at the end but a fitting way for him to leave. An absolutely brilliant example of a modern professional footballer and deserves his move... Probably to Leicester. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

The below stats show he's done a great job

This season

Win/draw/loss
JDT 10/3/17
JE 4/8/5

goals conceded per game
JDT 1.9
JE 1.1

goals scored per game 
JDT 1.45
JE 1.05

He took a team that had the worst form and defence in the league, only lost 5 of his 17 games, plugged the leaky defence and made us hard to beat, had bristol not put 5 past us we'd have conceded less than a goal a game under Eustace. He's done his job in keeping us up so he now deserves full backing from fans and the board to kick on with a clean slate next season. It hasn't been pretty, but pretty football was sending us down to league one.

3 wins not 4

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

More chance Ipswich will think they can buy better now don’t you think? 🤔

• Like 3