BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Backroom

It seems like they're trying the same gambit we speculated Boro were going for when they were trying to buy Rhodes; "FFP be damned, as long as we get into the PL next season we can spend as much money as we damn please." I'd love for them to fail.

As we found out, you can't just throw money at players and expect to get promoted. You need the right manager to go with it and I'm far from convinced Clement has what it takes.

Williamson, Chris Taylor and Lenihan must be kicking themselves for signing new deals this summer as it looks very unlikely they'll see much if any game time at all.

I doubt Williamson or Taylor would have got better deals elsewhere tbf, so playing or not they're probably quite happy. Lenihan will be disappointed, but it's a lesson for him and O'Sullivan that certain people in football cannot be trusted to keep their word.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like they're trying the same gambit we speculated Boro were going for when they were trying to buy Rhodes; "FFP be damned, as long as we get into the PL next season we can spend as much money as we damn please." I'd love for them to fail.

Not a chance that either Boro or Derby will ever be embargoed. Us and Forest will be the last.

Punishing local boys putting their money into their local clubs won't be discouraged.

It'll be £10 million a window spent until Derby get promoted. They know that and that's why they are spending so much with so little regard for FUP.

The fact we are still under an embargo is nothing short of a disaster. Can write off the Jan window saving us.

Damned if you do...

Losing Rhodes and/or Marshall would have been a disaster.

Yet the simplest change is beyond them.

Well if he hadn't have signed those 7 players we would have had a squad of 16. You ok with that?

If you include the likes of Lenihan, Nyambe Tomlinson and O Sullivan we have a first team pool of 27 by my reckoning.

3 keepers. (One too many)

2x RB

2x LB

3x CB (One too few)

13 midfield options

4 strikers. (If you include Brown as a "striker")

You could lose 4 or 5 out of the midfield quota quite comfortably imo and if you'd operated with a squad of that sort of size over the last couple of seasons you'd be that much closer to coming out of FFP.

Now plenty of tales of how Rovers will never see close to the £14 million for Rhodes in future.

Funny that. I'm sure that last year Hull offered a rumoured £12 million and people followed that by saying we were mad to turn that down and that we would never see another offer like it....

If you include the likes of Lenihan, Nyambe Tomlinson and O Sullivan we have a first team pool of 27 by my reckoning.

2x RB

2x LB

3x CB (One too few)

13 midfield options

You could lose 4 or 5 out of the midfield quota quite comfortably imo and if you'd operated with a squad of that sort of size over the last couple of seasons you'd be that much closer to coming out of FFP.

Yeah and if we lost Lowey we'd be 10% better every time we went on the pitch, whoever took his place.

The lad is a passenger, not his fault that he's League 2 standard of course.

Not a chance that either Boro or Derby will ever be embargoed. Us and Forest will be the last.

Punishing local boys putting their money into their local clubs won't be discouraged.

It'll be £10 million a window spent until Derby get promoted. They know that and that's why they are spending so much with so little regard for FUP.

Now that the window is shut It would not be supprised if the let QPR off and say that ffp is not enforcable in its present form and they will have to reconsider the rules.

Believe it or not about 20K fax machines are still sold every year in the UK. These are mainly to solicitors, estate agents but not Blackburn Rovers?

does that include "all in one Printers"? (they usually function as fax machines)

p.s. is there an award for dullest question of the year? :blush:

Derby have spent 10 million pounds today on 2 centre midfielders in Bradley Johnson(Ex Norwich) and Jacob Butterfield(ex Huddersfield).

taking their spend over 20 mil pounds this summer.

Bradley Johnson is a stonking signing for this level. Derby really gone for it.

We are going to struggle so much this season.

Relegation survival is our aim....

Enjoy.

At least we're dying a slow death under Venkys SG :(

The need to prostitute ourselves to the very people that have destroyed the club and Jack Walkers legacy is a disgusting situation we find ourselves in, well actually I'm not in that camp, I'd rather us to a chance on going bust and out of business than continue to rely on these ****s but thats just me.

By the end of this season I think a few more will be in my camp because it cannot get any better, it can only get worse under these idiots.

• Backroom

Marvin Sordell has contract cancelled by Burnley ...... just the type of player for us .... cheap and @#/? !

A bizarre signing for Bumley in the first place... not like he'd been pulling up trees at Bolton.

2x RB

2x LB

3x CB (One too few)

13 midfield options

Agree Rev.this Summer has seen our Gaz with his sticker album out. Quantity definitely over quality and as the window is now shut , reflecting on what we are stuck with tells me we are very firmly in the sh1te this season.

Had to smile at the LT headline- ''Lets stick together'' as In keeping our squad and not losing anybody would represent a good window. My feckin arse . These clowns are so much in denial it hurts. The bullsh1t factor at this club is off the scale. Who in gods name would want any of our squad bar possibly Rhodes?? And don't start saying Marshall. That guy is a myth and has been for 2 years bar about a 5 game spell last Autumn.

I didn't expect much to happen in this window but the fact that it hasn't and the harsh reality of what we are going to have out on the park this season makes me more despondent than I have ever been in my Rovers life. Dreadful , dreadful state of affairs from top to bottom , at every level in this terribly diseased club.

Take the points deduction now, stick us into admin and let us start again whilst there is at least a shred of a chance.

At least we're dying a slow death under Venkys SG :(

The need to prostitute ourselves to the very people that have destroyed the club and Jack Walkers legacy is a disgusting situation we find ourselves in, well actually I'm not in that camp, I'd rather us to a chance on going bust and out of business than continue to rely on these ****s but thats just me.

By the end of this season I think a few more will be in my camp because it cannot get any better, it can only get worse under these idiots.

Trying telling that to people, most won't listen, especially those morons who comment in the Lancashire telerag

Rhodes stays again. Just how many windows does Mercerman need?

He will probably get it right in the January window

Rhodes stays again. Just how many windows does Mercerman need?

Good question. I'm sure I read weeks ago that things were "going to escalate pretty quickly" at one stage. It was said which such authority as well. Possibly next window eh? Law of averages and all that.

He will probably get it right in the January window

Excellent! That's the spirit!

Selling Jordan Rhodes is like making love to a beautiful woman. Firstly you've got to wine and dine him. Take him to the best hotel in town. Lavish him with top quality Belgian chocolates, more expensive wine. A flower on his pillow....

Will everyone please lay off Swiss.

Sod that Tell them to fetch the metro to town, have a few drinks and get the deal done.

_61248183_derekshaw&paulagnew.jpg

"Degsy is waiting"...

Archived