BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah information on transfers usually comes out before a deal is done. It's the same with all clubs. Can't be helped unfortunately 

You often get ball park figures but that seems quite detailed. Only usually when transfer negotiations drag on do you get stuff coming out, the Rhodes saga for instance. Maybe it's different down here with lesser deals.

That long since we spent properly I've forgotten anyway, to used to being the selling club !

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I've a suspicion TM will look to the loan market for a young fast striker and maybe a winger too.

I see Chris Burke mentioned above. He was ok but 33 now and has hardly had a game for a couple of years. On a free so just a squad filler?

Used to rate him highly at Brum but agreed my first thought was surely he's a bit old now.  Saying that it does remind you what league we're in when I then thought even at 33 he can probably do a job in this league.  Obviously just talk at present but if on low wages he's decent squad material almost a lower level equivalent to how Hignett worked for us.

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

Used to rate him highly at Brum but agreed my first thought was surely he's a bit old now.  Saying that it does remind you what league we're in when I then thought even at 33 he can probably do a job in this league.  Obviously just talk at present but if on low wages he's decent squad material almost a lower level equivalent to how Hignett worked for us.

I agree. Free, give him a 1 year contract. TM and Venus will have looked at current fitness issues. Could help us out of L1  and job done. Plus he would be up for it and to go out with a promo.

Just now, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

I'd agree with the need for pace .... having looked at that potential lineup I posted earlier it does lack some pace, unless Dack is quick.

Lack of pace has been our Achilles heel for years now.  We have not had players to stretch teams or run in behind...and when we had one in King, he was hardly picked.

5 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

I'd agree with the need for pace .... having looked at that potential lineup I posted earlier it does lack some pace, unless Dack is quick.

Burke used to be semi quick, used to run his knackers off and generally okay. 33 and not good enough for the spl and before that a new Rotherham deal suggests might not be wise

1 hour ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Quick to whip off his cecks and start tossing off. What a seedy, Duffy esqué story that is...

3 hours ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

I fully appreciate that I am getting well ahead of myself here obviously, but surely the midfield and attack below could cause problems in league one:

Smallwood    Whittingham

Burke                Dack                Conway

Graham

Our fans will only appreciate Bennett once he's gone. In what world is Conway better than him?

Has anyone read Dack's wiki page recently?

Someone has made an addition that he has apparently signed for Bradford today on a 4 yr deal £600k up front with £600k add-ons. 

Someone in the know or someone messing? Probably the latter but wouldn't surprise me if we do miss out.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Our fans will only appreciate Bennett once he's gone. In what world is Conway better than him?

Bennett is a very underrated player. Full of energy, pressing and forward thinking in wanting to get at teams back line.

Would be one of the first on the team sheet for me.

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Has anyone read Dack's wiki page recently?

Someone has made an addition that he has apparently signed for Bradford today on a 4 yr deal £600k up front with £600k add-ons. 

Someone in the know or someone messing? Probably the latter but wouldn't surprise me if we do miss out.

I wouldn't be getting breaking news off Wikipedia :)

Bennett should be a class player at this level.

For me his best performances by far came in the number ten position, he may not be your typical flair player there but his energy and closing down made him very effective ve I thought.  Whilst he was decent and sometimes good on the wing, I don't think it's his best position. 

Of course I wouldn't be against getting in another creative player in, I haven't seen Dark but that ten minute season highlight video of Bostock someone posted a few days ago showed he sure knows how to pick a pass, lots of great through balls.

I love a player that can really pass a ball, it's why I was sad to see Guthrie go, he had his faults (used to see Tugay's invisible friend a bit too often) but his passing was underrated I reckon.  Hopefully Whittingham will prove to be better.

Archived