BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

Amongst the latest batch of ridiculous comments coming from those against the protestors is that instead of protesting, we should be out trying to find a respectable buyer for the club...

Anyone know any multi-million/billionaires?

Even harder than that! We need to find some billionaire stupid enough to give Venkys £100M!

A tough ask.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And poof - just like that...

http://www.rovers.co.uk/club/jobvacancies.aspx

Empathy ? Hell fire that obviously isn't a job requirement for those in slightly higher office !

Anyway no doubt they've been on the blower to Panda and his Bolton rent a mob again. If anyone was looking for trouble it was that crew and the club NOT the fans last time around.

Amongst the latest batch of ridiculous comments coming from those against the protestors is that instead of protesting, we should be out trying to find a respectable buyer for the club...

Anyone know any multi-million/billionaires?

. What's ridiculous about that comment,that's the problem,all everyone says is for Venkys to sell up,who the hell are going to buy us,100 mil in debt wrong end of championship and a crap management structure,it's proved from other clubs with Blackpool as prime example that all the protests invading pitch etc doesn't work,the only way is to try to get consortiums together like Seneca to persuade the Venkys to move over and then eventually to push off all together,people forget it took Walkers trust 2 years to sell for 25 mil plus 26 mil of debt and we were a steady premier league side with a top management structure,one reason Venkys don't want to get involved in anyone like Seneca is because they know they got ripped off with you know who,but believe me Seneca haven't given up and are still trying to broker a deal,I just hope Venkys can see sense and move over and let someone with proper football sense to take over,so to get back to your original post,finding a new owner is not a ridiculous idea,in fact it's the only way forward.....

• Backroom

Just rung Blackburn station re: yesterday's call, and they said that as I've neither rung the police before, nor have I a criminal record or a record of football match disturbance they shouldn't have my number. My number IS on Facebook but only as a password retrieval method viewable 'only by me'. Certainly the lady I spoke to in the control room 'had no idea' how my number was obtained.

If anyone is rung by the police, get a collar number and name and write it down.

I'm starting to wonder if the club passed my details on, especially as I was immediately addressed as 'Mike' rather than 'Michael' or 'Mr. (Surname)'. Surely there are Data Protection laws being broken in that case?

The argument about the club going under without them is a bit flawed imo as we are going under with them. Surely if they just pulled out overnight it would set about all sorts of legal stuff towards the parent company ? They'd have to bust VLL and then attention turns to VH which owns that, this is the way it's supposed to have been structured or so the pro Vs have told us when doom scenarios have been flying around.

I know the bank overdraft and external debt would probably look straight to the club though so that would make it messy but surely the rest of it is Venkys problem.

Thing is they've turned off the taps so look set to strangle the club to death over the next few years. Death by a thousand cuts or a swift blow ? We don't know the unknown and we fear it of course but there is every reason to be just as fearful of the next 3 years under this gang as we are. We are going to bits either way and that's a point missed by a lot of the 'they are paying the bills' twitteratti for some odd reason.

Do you want a chance to get cleansed then rebuilt back into a proper club or do you want this hollow shell hamstrung to the lower reaches of this league carrying on like this infront of eventually a miserable 4k every week for the next 5/10 years whilst money mysteriously continues to flow right through it but never stops on the way ?

Anyone who still holds out hope they intend to turn it around needs to book an appointment somewhere, they are going to run it into the ground folks !

. What's ridiculous about that comment,that's the problem,all everyone says is for Venkys to sell up,who the hell are going to buy us,100 mil in debt wrong end of championship and a crap management structure,it's proved from other clubs with Blackpool as prime example that all the protests invading pitch etc doesn't work,the only way is to try to get consortiums together like Seneca to persuade the Venkys to move over and then eventually to push off all together,people forget it took Walkers trust 2 years to sell for 25 mil plus 26 mil of debt and we were a steady premier league side with a top management structure,one reason Venkys don't want to get involved in anyone like Seneca is because they know they got ripped off with you know who,but believe me Seneca haven't given up and are still trying to broker a deal,I just hope Venkys can see sense and move over and let someone with proper football sense to take over,so to get back to your original post,finding a new owner is not a ridiculous idea,in fact it's the only way forward.....

Nobody is going to buy us if the club is £100 million in debt or if the asking price is more than what Venkys paid for it. That much is obvious. If Venkys had any sense they would realise that.

We're about to become a League One club and thanks to their 'stewardship' of the club over the last 6 years have next to no revenue streams, no players of value, and a fractured, disillusioned fanbase. That's their fault. Its got nothing to do with our size as a club or how much money people make in Blackburn or how many Asians live in the town. It is solely down to mismanagement from the top down over a sustained period of time.

We keep hearing about how long it took the Walker Trust to sell the club and presumably that means that nobody will ever want to buy Blackburn Rovers because the Trust failed 6 years ago. I think we can safely say in 2016 that the Walker Trust failed in their duties from top to bottom, so whatever theories still exist about the takeover process in 2010 need to be considered alongside that.

It is worth considering that football has changed massively in the last 6 years alone. Just because the Trust members delivered the worst takeover in English football history 6 years ago doesn't mean nobody would want to buy Blackburn Rovers. Yes we're losing money. Find me a club outside the Premier League that doesn't. That's the game. Buyers get involved knowing the costs of maintaining a Championship club but most are happy to take that on with a view to ultimately getting into the Premier League. The Championship is littered with owners, many foreign, who willingly bankroll significant losses with one eye on promotion to the promised land of £100 million a season. Do they get involved to lose £1 million a month forever? No, they get involved to try and build the club up towards promotion material knowing they will get their money back tenfold if they get promoted.

Hats off to the Trust though, through their incompetence, greed and negligence they've managed to convince many Rovers fans that nobody would touch BRFC with a bargepole. There's no evidence that is the case, despite the propaganda they've spread about Rovers being unsellable and unsustainable as a business, which is bunkum. The Trust saw the poundsigns and wanted the cash quickly, and as such sold the club down the river with scant regard for its future. They didn't have to sell it and didn't have to sell it to Venkys of all people, but just couldn't resist. We know for a fact that with the right arrangement in place there was a group of local businessmen actively attempting to gain control of the club in the summer who went to a great deal of trouble to put together a package and financial deal to turn the club around. I'd bet there were a few more out there who would be interested, at the right price.

Like Eddie Davies, who knew he was never going to get his money back from Bolton, the Venkys need to realise they aren't going to get their £100 million back. Just get out as quickly and easily as possible and take the financial hit.

Just rung Blackburn station re: yesterday's call, and they said that as I've neither rung the police before, nor have I a criminal record or a record of football match disturbance they shouldn't have my number. My number IS on Facebook but only as a password retrieval method viewable 'only by me'. Certainly the lady I spoke to in the control room 'had no idea' how my number was obtained.

If anyone is rung by the police, get a collar number and name and write it down.

I'm starting to wonder if the club passed my details on, especially as I was immediately addressed as 'Mike' rather than 'Michael' or 'Mr. (Surname)'. Surely there are Data Protection laws being broken in that case?

That was my suspicion. I very much doubt the police normally have a list of season ticket holders names and phone numbers, so how have they come by people's contact details?

If the police asked for them though i suppose the club would have to tip them up ?

Not sure, I suppose it depends on what grounds the police were asking for them and which names/numbers they were asking for. If it was limited to a small number of potential trouble makers who were threatening to break the law or who had broken the law previously then that would probably be fine, but if they've handed over the database of all registered Rovers fans with contact details I'd say that's unacceptable.

If my name and details have found their way into police hands I'd like to know why. I've never broken a law or threatened to do anything, so I don't think it is acceptable if my details have been passed to the police.

As ever Rovers will be more than happy to help. Home fans come last at Rovers these days.

Was it the police that rang you?

Or the chap who thinks he's a copper that works for the club? Grey hair, glasses?

I'm sure the police have better things to do that ring Rovers fans up without a crime having been committed Mike.

How do you know it was a cop? Because the caller said he was?

Hats off to the Trust though, through their incompetence, greed and negligence they've managed to convince many Rovers fans that nobody would touch BRFC with a bargepole. There's no evidence that is the case, despite the propaganda they've spread about Rovers being unsellable and unsustainable as a business, which is bunkum.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? Most Fans are convinced that Venkys could never get anything like "their" money back and that the Seneca offer was the best one they will get. The Trust didn't tell me that and I didn't need them to.

Having a big do and announcing WAR and then not a peep in months has inspired nobody but the Trust will be important when the end game starts.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? Most Fans are convinced that Venkys could never get anything like "their" money back and that the Seneca offer was the best one they will get. The Trust didn't tell me that and I didn't need them to.

Having a big do and announcing WAR and then not a peep in months has inspired nobody but the Trust will be important when the end game starts.

I wasn't referring to the Rovers Trust, I was talking about the Walker Trust. Having said that I don't think the Rovers Trust will ever be viable as majority shareholders or owners of the club, at best a 20-30% minority share for them.

• Backroom

Well if it wasn't a police officer that rang, someone at the club is impersonating one.

I'm just going to leave it. If I'm contacted in future, I'll be sure to ask for a collar number and take it further. There is no reason for the police to call me.

The club can be as concerned as they like.

Just come across this on the Rovers website (at end of feature about Charlie Mulgrew) -

"Rovers supporters are reminded that upon entry into the stadium, they agree to adhere to the Ground Regulations.
Any supporters who contravene these rules could face potential criminal prosecution and/or banning orders imposed by the club.
The club urges all supporters to behave in an appropriate manner and to show their full support to the team".
So the threats begin...................................

Its a opinion piece. Seems as soon as amything is said which doesnt fit with the hive mind on here everybody goes mad.

Its got to the point its stopping anybody else actually talking about the admittedly poor football.

Well said Ste B. This is no longer a football site and is fast becoming unreadable.

Or the chap who thinks he's a copper that works for the club? Grey hair, glasses?

I'm sure the police have better things to do that ring Rovers fans up without a crime having been committed Mike.

I also wondered whether it might have been someone masquerading as a rozzer.

I also wondered whether it might have been someone masquerading as a rozzer.

If the police asked for them though i suppose the club would have to tip them up ?

Nobody is going to buy us if the club is £100 million in debt or if the asking price is more than what Venkys paid for it. That much is obvious. If Venkys had any sense they would realise that.

We're about to become a League One club and thanks to their 'stewardship' of the club over the last 6 years have next to no revenue streams, no players of value, and a fractured, disillusioned fanbase. That's their fault. Its got nothing to do with our size as a club or how much money people make in Blackburn or how many Asians live in the town. It is solely down to mismanagement from the top down over a sustained period of time.

We keep hearing about how long it took the Walker Trust to sell the club and presumably that means that nobody will ever want to buy Blackburn Rovers because the Trust failed 6 years ago. I think we can safely say in 2016 that the Walker Trust failed in their duties from top to bottom, so whatever theories still exist about the takeover process in 2010 need to be considered alongside that.

It is worth considering that football has changed massively in the last 6 years alone. Just because the Trust members delivered the worst takeover in English football history 6 years ago doesn't mean nobody would want to buy Blackburn Rovers. Yes we're losing money. Find me a club outside the Premier League that doesn't. That's the game. Buyers get involved knowing the costs of maintaining a Championship club but most are happy to take that on with a view to ultimately getting into the Premier League. The Championship is littered with owners, many foreign, who willingly bankroll significant losses with one eye on promotion to the promised land of £100 million a season. Do they get involved to lose £1 million a month forever? No, they get involved to try and build the club up towards promotion material knowing they will get their money back tenfold if they get promoted.

Hats off to the Trust though, through their incompetence, greed and negligence they've managed to convince many Rovers fans that nobody would touch BRFC with a bargepole. There's no evidence that is the case, despite the propaganda they've spread about Rovers being unsellable and unsustainable as a business, which is bunkum. The Trust saw the poundsigns and wanted the cash quickly, and as such sold the club down the river with scant regard for its future. They didn't have to sell it and didn't have to sell it to Venkys of all people, but just couldn't resist. We know for a fact that with the right arrangement in place there was a group of local businessmen actively attempting to gain control of the club in the summer who went to a great deal of trouble to put together a package and financial deal to turn the club around. I'd bet there were a few more out there who would be interested, at the right price.

Like Eddie Davies, who knew he was never going to get his money back from Bolton, the Venkys need to realise they aren't going to get their £100 million back. Just get out as quickly and easily as possible and take the financial hit. The Walker trust couldn't wait to make a quick buck,but still waited 2 years to sell,contradicting yourself,hindsight is great but what can you do,when due diligence said yes they have money to buy,money to spend and in their statement said they were going to carry on from Jack,family run etc,we all know now it was the wrong lot to sell,but I suppose you knew that at the time,nobody else seemed to,the only thing again in hindsight the Walkers got wrong is bringing Anderson in to find us a buyer,they trusted him and followed everything he advised,that is where it all went wrong..

That was my suspicion. I very much doubt the police normally have a list of season ticket holders names and phone numbers, so how have they come by people's contact details?

Archived