BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Cech's absolutely useless these days for me, about as mobile as a living statue.

Don't get the criticism of Raya at all. He's one of the better keepers around anywhere for me and he's still only 23. Not many I'd swap him for yet people complain because he miscues the odd kick.

He'll be leaving us for better things at some point I'd wager, not the other way round.

Raya has undoubtedly massively improved, but he miscues far more than "the odd kick" and is still prone to an error.

Still, goalkeeper is well down any list of potential improvements.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Out of contract Premier league players 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11595964/out-of-contract-premier-league-players-who-could-leave-for-free-this-summer 

I would take Boruc as competition for Raya. 

Norwood from Brighton. Think he is on loan with Sheffield united though if I'm not mistaken, so one would assume they are front of the queue.

Realistically that's about the best I would expect from that list 

Norwood is a Burnley lad through and through, if there was competition from other championship clubs he certainly wouldn’t be choosing us! 

27 minutes ago, Madon said:

Tomlinson > Exeter

Best of luck to him. Hope he can overcome whatever has been happening and have a fresh start, lads got plenty of ability for the lower leagues.

Burnley born, trust me it’s tough.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17352315.southampton-loanee-harrison-reed-set-to-stay-at-rovers/

Excellent news. Also enjoy the bit stating we are keen to secure him permanently if he becomes available...less keen on the bit that says he still wants to break into Southampton's first team. See how it plays out in the summer, but sounds like we have him at least until then.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17352315.southampton-loanee-harrison-reed-set-to-stay-at-rovers/

Excellent news. Also enjoy the bit stating we are keen to secure him permanently if he becomes available...less keen on the bit that says he still wants to break into Southampton's first team. See how it plays out in the summer, but sounds like we have him at least until then.

Great news. His comments are pretty standard for a loan player to say

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Why wouldnt he want to break into a PL first eleven? Course he would say that but if its not possible - you can have a permanent fixture in ours Harrison!

Great news and glad that the club want him permanently - just think a few others will as well.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Excellent news. Also enjoy the bit stating we are keen to secure him permanently if he becomes available...less keen on the bit that says he still wants to break into Southampton's first team. 

To be fair that just shows he has ambition, which is exactly the type of player we need to move forward as a club. 

It's good he wants to impress the watching Southampton people as that means he'll turn it in for Rovers and securing a contact here wouldn't be a bad fall back option for him i'm sure he knows that. Proper player this lad with a good attitude these are the type of loans we want.

• Like 6

Jeez guys, I know it just means he is ambitious etc, I said that because it sounds like he wants to go back there at the end of the season and not stay here, which isn't as good for us.

I thought that was obvious.

Back on Ben Marshall, he's not in the Norwich squad today, suggesting that he could well be off somewhere (not especially likely to be us).

On the off chance that it is, I don't think it'd be an especially sensible use of funds, despite his obvious talent. Don't think I remember a player at Rovers who can be better summed up by 'feast or famine'. 

• Like 1

On 11/01/2019 at 01:44, Kamy100 said:

This from Mowbray is a little concerning as it does sound as though he would be open to Travis going out on loan once he has got someone in "“Like when all these clubs phone me about Nuttall and Travis, I get told the same, if and when we get the players we are looking at, there’s every chance he will be able to go out on loan".

Travis is ready and deserving of a first team chance.  If he is loaned out, not only is it a stupid move because he is ready to have a positive impact on our first team, it also sends out a bad message to all of the other young players at the club.

If Travis is loaned out something is very very wrong and moving forward it sends a really poor message to the rest of the young lads.  Would be a TRAVISTY, what it would tell the rest of the young uns is that no matter how hard you work or how good you are the boss is going to stick with his faves.   A massive bollock drop by Mowbary and one big enough to have me join the seemingly growing ranks of those none too keen on the guy.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

I still remember ben, drunk, singing with Sheffield Wednesday fans to sign him up while contracted to us. I also remember a very talented player downing tools and then telling me to go away in a less than polite manner when I asked why. Wrong attitude and not the kind of signing we need 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Back on Ben Marshall, he's not in the Norwich squad today, suggesting that he could well be off somewhere (not especially likely to be us).

On the off chance that it is, I don't think it'd be an especially sensible use of funds, despite his obvious talent. Don't think I remember a player at Rovers who can be better summed up by 'feast or famine'. 

Marshall?  Nah, another talented football player who has wasted his talent by means of a piss poor attitude.  Players of his ilk should be kept far far away from Ewood Park.

• Like 2