Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

We are not playing Liverpool, City, Barca or Real but feckin Millwall at our place and they are a mere 2 points in front us.

Result shouldn't be in doubt and in my mind it's a banker home win with a 2 goal margin.

If we can't see off Millwall having splashed almost £15million+ on Brereton, Gallagher and Armstrong then we have problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mercer said:

We are not playing Liverpool, City, Barca or Real but feckin Millwall at our place and they are a mere 2 points in front us.

Result shouldn't be in doubt and in my mind it's a banker home win with a 2 goal margin.

If we can't see off Millwall having splashed almost £15million+ on Brereton, Gallagher and Armstrong then we have problems.

Ah but one of those strikers will probably start wide right, one won't be anywhere near and the other could be left, up top on his own or benched.

Not difficult to see why our 15 million quid strike force doesn't blow teams away ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One things is for certain: as always after a break we will start slowly, be on the back foot from the whistle and concede a goal in the first 15 minutes.

Can't remember the last time we got at a team from the start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, unsall said:

Decent line up, but think TM will start Armstrong instead of Rothwell.

I fear this too. We’ll have to hope Armstrong has his one good game in 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, unsall said:

Decent line up, but think TM will start Armstrong instead of Rothwell.

Well if he does he needs to produce big time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fulham had 85% possession when they thrashed Millwall 4-0.

I hope/expect we will get back to good habits with a clean sheet and comprehensively bossing the ball.

If we do then we can reasonably hope to win 1-0.

No idea who Mowbray will pick assuming Brereton and Aderabaiyo are fit again. Hoping Chapman and Samuel are in contention for first team squad places. How far away is Davenport from fitness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rovers1994 said:

id go with

walton

bennet lenihan williams cunnigham,

travis johnson,

downing dack rothwell,

gallagher/graham

maybe switch rothwell and downing depending on how the game is going, may be too narrow for Millwall who will come to frustrate. would help push the FB's right up though, and ask one of Johnson/Travis to drop off in between the CB's. Graham will be advantageous against thier big CB's but ga;;aghers pace in behind may cause them more problems. Armstrong on the bech and use him how we ddi versus Cardiff, give him the last 20/25 to get right up with thier CB's and in and around and see if he can cause problems with his pace and psuh them right back.

 

 

I would make just one change pal Armstrong for Rothwell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Ah but one of those strikers will probably start wide right, one won't be anywhere near and the other could be left, up top on his own or benched.

Not difficult to see why our 15 million quid strike force doesn't blow teams away ...

Mercer seemingly can’t wrap his head round this one. Says the same every match ‘these strikers should blow teams out of the water’. Well they can’t, and they won’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

One things is for certain: as always after a break we will start slowly, be on the back foot from the whistle and concede a goal in the first 15 minutes.

Can't remember the last time we got at a team from the start. 

West brom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the impression Mowbray is feeling the heat, you don't have to know about football to see 12 million on two strikers that aren't scoring goals isn't great. The next three games will say a lot about where we will end up this season, we should be taking a minimum of 7 points.

The malaise has already set in, the atmosphere is poor but what does anyone expect when a team creates nothing, there is nothing to get behind. For all Mowbrays big talk about a new style we look worse than last season. The only new style I can see is we now don't create anything and we've nullified our two creative players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the type of game that I dread. A fixture that we should win but you just know it’s one we could end up losing. The most disappointing result so far this season has been against charlton, and that’s because we have better players than them and should have won the game on paper. 

I expect the same team that beat Boro at Ewood a few weeks ago. I also expect the same result: a 1-0 victory. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no idea what to expect, always gets a bit daft after the ridiculous international breaks.

Only real guarantee is that Mahoney will have the game of his life.

Stats suggest a dull 1-1 draw which ain't much use at all, hopefully we turn up and put on a bit of a show though........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go

                   Walton

Nyambe   Tosin   Williams   Cunningham 

Rothwell   Travis   Johnson   Downing

                       Dack

                Graham/Gallagher

subs, Leutwiler, Lenihan, Bennett, Buckley, Chapman, Armstrong, Graham/Gallagher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Rovers tend to struggle to break down the more resilient teams at home despite the flair they possess in attacking positions.’

‘Flair’ side, us, according to Smith :blink:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17896349.consistency-missing-ingredient-rovers/

Tbf we do have flair players if they a) play b) play in their correct positions and to their strengths, neither of which will probably occur on Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'm pretty confident of this one - regardless of screw ups in team selection and our potential issues at both ends of the pitch. (That's the fun with Rovers you never know if they'll have a shocker or a blinder and are equally capable of either...) We've done ok against the weakest teams in this division so far this season and last and Millwall fall into that category. And despite a tombola and square pegs in round holes approach, we have some rather talented pegs who can cause problems in spite of ant tactical hindrances. Watching the game last season Vs Millwall, they should have been out of sight in the first half and us likewise in reverse in the second so we are certainly capable of winning the game. All of which suggests to me a narrow, harder than it should be, win. There's a lot of doom and gloom over TM and the team but a big part of that is tbat we're decent and could push on if kept things simple rather than being a weak team. All of which adds up to a narrow win as our consistently inconsistent season continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Rovers tend to struggle to break down the more resilient teams at home despite the flair they possess in attacking positions.’

‘Flair’ side, us, according to Smith :blink:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17896349.consistency-missing-ingredient-rovers/

I’m still shocked he’s having a swipe at fans again....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2019 at 20:34, philipl said:

Fulham had 85% possession when they thrashed Millwall 4-0.

I hope/expect we will get back to good habits with a clean sheet and comprehensively bossing the ball.

If we do then we can reasonably hope to win 1-0.

No idea who Mowbray will pick assuming Brereton and Aderabaiyo are fit again. Hoping Chapman and Samuel are in contention for first team squad places. How far away is Davenport from fitness?

Brereton out for 8 weeks, had an op on his knee, Samuel another couple of games at u/23s, City lad possibly make bench, can’t see Chapman in 18, Davenport probably a couple of weeks away from 1st team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’m still shocked he’s having a swipe at fans again....

Hardly. Are you getting a bit paranoid?

Edited by old darwen blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2019 at 14:45, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Very difficult to get excited about a Rovers game at the moment,Ewood will be like a morgue come Saturday.A general malaise is creeping in...

2-1.   12,100

Can't remember the last time Ewood created any significant noise. Maybe when the "Kean out" chants rung around a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Can't remember the last time Ewood created any significant noise. Maybe when the "Kean out" chants rung around a few years back.

What everyone should be asking is, when was the last time I created any noise at Ewood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.