BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday v Rovers

Neal

Keane mistake that cos Rovers a much deserve win. Clearly the better team. should have played it long instead of short pass.

Very good touch by Bowyer at the end of the game coming over to the fans to thanks us for our great support today. we never said stop signing all game

mistakes by players cost us today. nothing to do with the manager.

im sure thats some fans blame the manager but clearly not.

Sheff Wed second goal, the ball clearly out.

ref was again shocking. not good enough to give the right and clear decisions.

Chaddy, well done to you and all the others there for supporting. I'm sure the end was gutting.

However, to you and the others who keep banging on about bad refs treating us badly: Why do you think it is that all these referees appear to dislike Rovers? My view: you make your own luck in life. If you don't want bad decisions to go against you then keep in control of things. If you do get a bad decision go against you then you dust yourself off and you get back on top of the situation and you make sure you succeed anyway.

People who keep moaning about bad luck and decisions going against them generally aren't life's success stories. I'd love Rovers to get back to being a success story by manning up and taking responsibility for earning success rather than bleating about bad luck. Sorry, rant over!

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the way that everyone blame Bowyer but players mistakes cos us. not the manager.

Bowyer is still the right manager for us.

still unbeaten in 8 games. ;-)

Tell Venky's that when another £30m+ is added to the debt. I would be interested to hear their response.

If Rovers don't get promoted I think Bowyer will get sacked.

• Moderation Lead

i like the way that everyone blame Bowyer but players mistakes cos us. not the manager.

Such an ambiguous stat. How many wins in that 8 though? Tell you what, under a proper manager I bet we wouldn't make such errors so often!

Refs have been gash all season, this can hardly be an eye opener!!

Yeah unbeaten since that week when Bowyer became the first manager in 34 years to lose to Burnley. Don't remind me. When his decision to remove David Dunn for Feeney proved to be the worst decision he would make all season (and it has plenty of competition - not least wasting Cairney out wide)

57 games in charge now. When does a rookie stop becoming a rookie??

Well that latest capitulation has turned what could have been an interesting end to the season into a crushing anti-climax.

It's quite hard to maintain interest or have any sympathy when the team keep frivously tossing away leads in similar fashion time and time again.

What's the reason? Do they not care enough to get over the line?

Keane mistake that cos Rovers a much deserve win. Clearly the better team. should have played it long instead of short pass.

Very good touch by Bowyer at the end of the game coming over to the fans to thanks us for our great support today. we never said stop signing all game

Sheff Wed second goal, the ball clearly out.

ref was again shocking. not good enough to give the right and clear decisions.

Give it a rest Chaddy. You're getting on my wick now.

Ref are very well paid to make the correct decisions and they clearly do not.

clear pen for Foul on Gestede not given. ball cross the goal line for a goal kick for us not given and thats how they scored their second goal.

I notice the keyboard gang are out tonight. why werent u at the game? support your team.

A couple of clean sheets had papered over the cracks, this defence has been prone all season to conceding goals when under just a slight whiff of pressure. Only way they get in now is if Rovers win out and results go their way for the remaining games. It has happened before but the chances are remote looking at some of the easier run-ins teams above them have.

Someone said that we could probably afford one draw if we win the rest of our games given who the other teams have left to play, let's face it though, there's not a cat in bells chance of that happening.

3-1 and you **** it up, cheers lads.

Such an ambiguous stat. How many wins in that 8 though? Tell you what, under a proper manager I bet we wouldn't make such errors so often!

Refs have been gash all season, this can hardly be an eye opener!!

I'm pretty sure we've won 3 in 11. Which doesn't sound quite as good. :blush:

Stats eh?!?!

i like the way that everyone blame Bowyer but players mistakes cos us. not the manager. Most fans at the game will say this. now on the coach home now. disappointed but remaining positive.

Stop it Chaddy. I'm losing my temper now.

@#/? off Chaddy, clearly the better team? I'm in the car on the way home now, we where @#/? awful. If it wasn't for Robinson they would have gone in at half time 3-3, he kept us in it as we sat back and invited more and more pressure.

Half time, time to rejuvenate? Nope! Same performance in the second half without goals! Sat back, invited pressure. They should have scored another three second half - maybe 4 if it wasn't for Rudys defensive duties throwing himself at the ball.

Two very average teams, but at least they had the bottle to go for it second half. We had a goal cushion, all we needed to do was control the game. Lack of substitutions lost it for us (I say loss, because it feels like it), Cairney, Rhodes, Keane, Williamson and Lowe where blowing out of their arses with 20 minutes left and it took another 15 before we saw a sub.

This finally puts the end to this promotion lark, to be quite honest if this is how we play when the pressure is on I would rather not go up, we would get smashed for 6 every single week.

Well that's another target crossed off my season wish list. Not much left to look forward to now :-(

Winning the Championship

Getting automatic promotion

Avoiding defeat against Burnley

Reaching the Play Offs

Appointing an experienced manager

Making sure Jason Lowe is not a mainstay of the team this season

Trying to **** Wigan's season up at Ewood on the final day.

Same :(

(though I'm finding myself hoping they win today purely cos of ITVs biased commentry)

Just looked at the table. We are so frustrating, we'd just be 2 points away from 6th had we held on. Same old same old.

how many chances did we have??? loads today.

clear pen not given.

Rhodes shooting when he should have pass to Gestede.

a couple of shots by Gestede and Rhodes. plus a Kilgallon shot that went just wide.

goals win games and we didnt take our chances.

should have won by miles. players mistakes cost us. not the manager

@#/? off Chaddy, clearly the better team? I'm in the car on the way home now, we where @#/? awful. If it wasn't for Robinson they would have gone in at half time 3-3, he kept us in it as we sat back and invited more and more pressure.

Half time, time to rejuvenate? Nope! Same performance in the second half without goals! Sat back, invited pressure. They should have scored another three second half - maybe 4 if it wasn't for Rudys defensive duties throwing himself at the ball.

Two very average teams, but at least they had the bottle to go for it second half. We had a goal cushion, all we needed to do was control the game. Lack of substitutions lost it for us (I say loss, because it feels like it), Cairney, Rhodes, Keane, Williamson and Lowe where blowing out of their arses with 20 minutes left and it took another 15 before we saw a sub.

This finally puts the end to this promotion lark, to be quite honest if this is how we play when the pressure is on I would rather not go up, we would get smashed for 6 every single week.

Thanks for the summary JB.

Chaddy please take a day off. It's frustrating enough.

Bunkum. If we had won you would have been singing (or signing) his praises all over this board.

No subs until injury time despite watching Wednesday make changes and get back into the game.

Not good enough.

I'll probably only go if they have something to play for. Otherwise it will be a dead rubber and I don't wanna be fake clapping another largely poor season and dream it's gonna be better next season.

Get over youself! That is precisely what supporting a small club like Rovers is all about.

Archived