BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

They should plug it in Chile and say it is Ben Breretons

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It took place last night and the minutes are with the club so should be out in a few days.

We delayed the meeting by a week in the hope that we could meet in the flesh rather than Zoom. But then Steve Waggott got pinged and had to self isolate so we ended up back on Zoom last night so he could attend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

It took place last night and the minutes are with the club so should be out in a few days.

We delayed the meeting by a week in the hope that we could meet in the flesh rather than Zoom. But then Steve Waggott got pinged and had to self isolate so we ended up back on Zoom last night so he could attend.

Hi John.

Hope the Forum asked Waggott: 

1) Why couldn't we manage our affairs in such a manner as to avoid a transfer registration embargo? Especially as we were aware this could be a potential problem months ago.

2) Why was the manager complaining about the embargo when it was our own fault?

3) Why did we leave it until three weeks before the new season to appoint a new Head of Recruitment given that Stuart Harvey departed almost three months ago?

4) Notwithstanding the above, having lost at least ten players since last season, why haven't we made a single signing less than three weeks before the start of the season. Did we not have targets already in place?

5) Why have the Club made no effort whatsoever to contact and re-engage with people such as myself who were season ticket holders up to last season but who did not renew 12 months ago for obvious reasons?

Once again I await the minutes with interest and have my blood pressure tablets at the ready this time.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 7

The fans forum latest minutes are now on the website. I do find it strange that they don't even warrant an article on the site, they are just added but it is little wonder when the questions are so tame.

- We are not in a transfer embargo, no clarity on whether we was at any point.

- "Plans will be put in place" a very vague answer to questions about the current absence of communication aside from emails and on the website.

- The transfer market is dead apparently. According to transfermarkt, there have been 89 transfers so far this summer in our division, once you exclude returning loanees. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0

On 25/07/2021 at 21:47, roversfan99 said:

The fans forum latest minutes are now on the website. I do find it strange that they don't even warrant an article on the site, they are just added but it is little wonder when the questions are so tame.

- We are not in a transfer embargo, no clarity on whether we was at any point.

- "Plans will be put in place" a very vague answer to questions about the current absence of communication aside from emails and on the website.

- The transfer market is dead apparently. According to transfermarkt, there have been 89 transfers so far this summer in our division, once you exclude returning loanees. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0

I could not find the minutes on the site, have you got a link ?

The 'newly purchased' lighting rigs were bought from Watford FC.

The aim of raising between £3.5 and £4m from season tickets sales is pie in the sky and this should have been hammered home to Waggott. Offering value for money? Based on what exactly?

Far too many 'look into it' answers from the people who should have immediate answers.

• Like 6

On 26/07/2021 at 07:20, Mattyblue said:

It’s a politicians answer. Kick the can down the road and everything that is to be ‘looked into’ will be forgotten by the next meeting as there will be a new agenda with the season underway.

Just a sham of a ‘forum’.

I'm not part of the forum, but I find this unfair to those who are. As your feelings on it are clear, why not get involved in the forum?

I think the forum needs shaking up a little bit and the club should be challenged more, it should be a chance to be a critical friend of the club and attempt to hold them to account. From the meeting minutes every time its just waggott saying he will look into it and thats about it. It needs a new attendee list and people not afraid to continually challenge the club

• Like 6

Is he still 'looking into' coach travel being put on by the club into traditional support heartlands?

I know we've had Covid but he was meant to be doing that back in 2018 which tells us nothing will probably happen on anything he says.

19th July and 'plans will be put in place' to contact fans directly. Well the deadline for retaining seats is in 2 days and I haven't seen or heard any evidence of anyone having anything but an email and it seems plenty haven't even had that.

• Like 2

I'm sure I have seen notice of a pre-meet by the FF before they meet with the Ewood hierarchy. Are questions compiled and submitted in advance?  If not then it should be considered to avoid the vague or non existent answers from the evasive Swag and Co.

• Like 1

I have just tried ringing for a ticket for Leeds for the second time and been on hold for an hour again. That’s two hours on hold at different times of day on different days and they can’t answer be they are experiencing a high volume of calls. 

do they really expect me to believe that the ticket line is constantly jammed to the point they can’t answer in an hour twice 

On 26/07/2021 at 10:04, Oldgregg86 said:

I have just tried ringing for a ticket for Leeds for the second time and been on hold for an hour again. That’s two hours on hold at different times of day on different days and they can’t answer be they are experiencing a high volume of calls. 

do they really expect me to believe that the ticket line is constantly jammed to the point they can’t answer in an hour twice 

I'd imagine nearly everyone will be on furlough.

On 26/07/2021 at 07:20, Mattyblue said:

It’s a politicians answer. Kick the can down the road and everything that is to be ‘looked into’ will be forgotten by the next meeting as there will be a new agenda with the season underway.

Just a sham of a ‘forum’.

I used to be on the Forum and there are some good people on there including OTG's of this parish but unfortunately the Forum seems to be becoming unfit for purpose.

I'm not sure if it's too much of a stretch to say the future of the Club is hanging in the balance yet no-one seems bothered enough to ask any pertinent questions. Or at least if one is asked it's being batted away with a response like "We'll look into it" and that isn't being challenged.

They need telling that that's bloody well not good enough then a follow up needs to be arranged to see what actually, (if anything) has been done.

• Like 3

• Backroom

I think the purpose of the fans forum is often forgotten, it was always about the non business critical issues, a cross section of fans to gauge feedback on certain aspects of fans experiences.

The issue is the atmosphere around the club and the situation we find ourselves in now makes these things seem overly trivial. It’s good to discuss the ‘temperature of pies’ when we are pushing for Europe, less so in the era of Kean, nefarious agents and absent owners and a spiral down the leagues.

The fans had a chance to put some hard hitting questions to the club and did so at fan consultation meetings and the club are playing a blinder in using the pandemic to hide away from having to face that.

My experience was always that the forum is full of good, honest people that really do care about the club and when dealing with Finn, Williams and Greg Coar you would get honest answers and actions but with Waggott it really does seem to be ‘I’ll look into it’

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3