BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

I’ve just seen the three kits.

The home is traditional halves, reversed on the back. Red macron logos. This is hard to explain, but it’s got a weird neckline that is quite deep with a bit of red on it… I’ll check out other macron kits for comparison and see if I can provide better insight.

Away is navy with a royal blue trim. Has an actual collar. Looks like a golfing shirt.

Third is red with a royal blue trim. It’s got Lancashire roses worked into the pattern all over it.

Update:

21076480-4E75-4675-B05B-C8B86B5CA249.jpeg.5e5fbc89cd6c0bfd538ccf95f967d257.jpeg

so the collar on the home kit is like this. The blue and white is revered, so blue collar on the white half and vice versa. The bit in the middle and the back of the collar is red.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The home is traditional halves, reversed on the back. Red macron logos. This is hard to explain, but it’s got a weird neckline that is quite deep with a bit of red on it… I’ll check out other macron kits for comparison and see if I can provide better insight.

Away is navy with a royal blue trim. Has an actual collar. Looks like a golfing shirt.

Third is red with a royal blue trim. It’s got Lancashire roses worked into the pattern all over it.

Update:

so the collar on the home kit is like this. The blue and white is revered, so blue collar on the white half and vice versa. The bit in the middle and the back of the collar is red.

It certainly is 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Update:

Home kit sounds like it is going to be a good one, are the sleeves halved? or one solid blue, one solid white?

5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Home kit sounds like it is going to be a good one, are the sleeves halved? or one solid blue, one solid white?

I couldn’t say for sure as the home kit was folded up. I’m guessing solid though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

@Miller11I've not seen the kits myself, do you like them? What's the collar like on the Navy?

To be honest Joe, I’m completely the wrong target market for a kit. Unless they were super retro they weren’t likely to be my cup of tea!

I’m a bit mixed on the home kit. The collar looks a bit weird, but it might look good on. Happy with the shade of blue, red details and the halves being reversed. Jury out til I see it in a bit more detail.

I’ve tried to find a comparison for the collar, but can’t seem to see anything that looks similar. I’d describe it as standard size, bigger than the one on last seasons yellow kit if anyone fancies channeling their inner Cantona, no buttons. To me this shirt looked a bit cheap and a little boring. 

The red one will be like marmite. 
Thinking about it, I bumped in to Paul Fielder at the Liam Gallagher gig in King Georges… he told me we were having an adidas Spezial kit this season designed by Gary Aspden. I obviously took this with an enormous pinch of salt. However, for all the people who bought the Blackburn Ewood Spezial trainers, the shirt will go well with them. Maybe there is some truth in what he told me, though I can’t see someone who works for adidas being allowed to design for macron. It actually looks like it could’ve been made by Pretty Green.

I am clearly an island in thinking that the logo isn't as bad as some others we've had. I'm not overly enamered with the brand itself but when we had the likes of Crown and Bet24 and even bet10 which took up half the shirt, I appreciate the minimalist approach.

• Like 1

Just now, BigUts said:

I am clearly an island in thinking that the logo isn't as bad as some others we've had. I'm not overly enamered with the brand itself but when we had the likes of Crown and Bet24 and even bet10 which took up half the shirt, I appreciate the minimalist approach.

I don't mind the logo myself. 

I am more interested in what the shirts look like and whether they are good design

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

And your negative rationale is because?

For me red and black halves, yellow with blue trim are some of the quintessential Rovers away shirts, simple as that. So as result I thought last season’s shirts were great, and therefore I don’t think this season’s will measure up.

It’s called having an opinion and there is nothing remotely ‘negative’ about that view, so please bore off with that tripe.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8