BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

Just now, Tormund said:

He must know he’s out of his depth, this can’t go on for much longer surely.

He looked like someone had just woken him up.

The gist of what he said was that the players weren't doing what they were told. He said that's not what we do in training so I'm at a loss. I don't know what to say really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

The gist of what he said was that the players weren't doing what they were told. He said that's not what we do in training so I'm at a loss. I don't know what to say really.

Definition of losing the dressing room I’d say

• Like 8

1 minute ago, booth said:

That suggests they have stopped playing for him then to me. 

• Like 1

defies belief that we`ve got 4/5 players with the speed of a whippet and yet every pass is square or back,it`s so easy to defend against a non league side could shut us out,the only time we got preston going backwards we endup with a penalty,ffs it`s basic stuff,get a plan that plays to your strengths,if it means conceding a few(which we are quite capable of doing anyway)then so be it,we`ll score more than we concede if you can get the best out of some good players we have

• Like 1

That was bloody awful. 

The players looked like they'd just been flung together for a game of football in the park, having never met before. 

Worst thing about it is there is plenty of talent there. Mowbray sat there like a sack of spuds, snood up, reeked of bulletproof arrogance. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, booth said:

The players aren't listening and they don't fear or respect him

• Like 6

Personally, I’d look to change him now while we are still in sight of the play-offs.

The lift of a new manager with ideas. Needs to be someone with experience and/or gravitas. If it was to be D Johnson or Downing then I don’t think we’d see much change without a pre-season and the Summer window.

Get on the phone to Sparky with a promotion bonus!

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Have you ever played Fullback? He was covering for his two CBs who went walkabout - it happened twice in the first half and once in the second half.

He HAD to pick up the free runner in the middle - that's what any FB is coached to do. Where was Gallagher? Why wasn't he covering their LWB?

That's how I saw it

Nyambe dragged across because of the cock-up between Lenihan and Branthwaite

Gallagher is the right winger so he should have been tracking the left back

That goal was down to Gallagher - and a brilliant strike by their player

• Like 3

We will not play fluent football until Holtby plays. 

We have not repeated our Deepdale performance once, which backs up my thought that TM stumbles on a fluid, effective line-up accidentally 3 or 4 times a season. 

We really do not have the quality individually or collectively that we thought we would be oozing by now. 

Most of us thought that we would be gelling as a squad by now, but we genuinely look like a bunch of strangers.

We win the odd game when one of two of our players individually snap out of the tactic-free zone and/or show the quality that TM's lack of genuine footballing awareness usually totally stifles. 

The right back fiasco tonight shows real desperation, not a considered plan. We just cannot keep going through games playing Dack, Elliott and Armstrong and only trouble the keeper once or twice.

Preston really didn't need to be anything more than hard-working to beat us, ditto QPR. 

I think we have a decent squad that Mowbray is not utilising effectively. 

I really don't think Davenport is the answer any more than I thought Williams was the answer. Tony takes a bit longer to work things out. I would play Downing every game until our midfield re-appears.

F**king pointless signing decent young loan players unless there is a decent system for them to fit into.

We were, and usually are, clueless. 

Another hard-working, quality-free Championship where we can't seriously threaten the top 7. 

'If' we play at our best for the rest of the season, we'll be seventh, but we won't. 

TM under pressure now, as I don't think much has been made of the wages we are paying our loan-players, and Mowbray must have made some guarantees about where he hoped we would end up if we secured them. January saved him, but now WE WILL NOT REACH THE PLAY-OFFS so he will know his chance of glory has passd him, and us, by. 

I'm truly sick of it. Bowyer mark 2, but more disappointing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, booth said:

If the players aren’t doing what they are told then he has lost them. Time to walk Tony.

4 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

We will not play fluent football until Holtby plays. 

We have not repeated our Deepdale performance once, which backs up my thought that TM stumbles on a fluid, effective line-up accidentally 3 or 4 times a season. 

We really do not have the quality individually or collectively that we thought we would be oozing by now. 

Most of us thought that we would be gelling as a squad by now, but we genuinely look like a bunch of strangers.

We win the odd game when one of two of our players individually snap out of the tactic-free zone and/or show the quality that TM's lack of genuine footballing awareness usually totally stifles. 

The right back fiasco tonight shows real desperation, not a considered plan. We just cannot keep going through games playing Dack, Elliott and Armstrong and only trouble the keeper once or twice.

Preston really didn't need to be anything more than hard-working to beat us, ditto QPR. 

I think we have a decent squad that Mowbray is not utilising effectively. 

I really don't think Davenport is the answer any more than I thought Williams was the answer. Tony takes a bit longer to work things out. I would play Downing every game until our midfield re-appears.

F**king pointless signing decent young loan players unless there is a decent system for them to fit into.

We were, and usually are, clueless. 

Another hard-working, quality-free Championship where we can't seriously threaten the top 7. 

'If' we play at our best for the rest of the season, we'll be seventh, but we won't. 

TM under pressure now, as I don't think much has been made of the wages we are paying our loan-players, and Mowbray must have made some guarantees about where he hoped we would end up if we secured them. January saved him, but now WE WILL NOT REACH THE PLAY-OFFS so he will know his chance of glory has passd him, and us, by. 

I'm truly sick of it. Bowyer mark 2, but more disappointing. 

Holtby wouldn't have made any difference tonight. As I said this afternoon - the team that want's to be out there the most tonight will win this.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If the players aren’t doing what they are told then he has lost them. Time to walk Tony.

The players don't look like they aren't doing what they are told though, they look like a set of players who are struggling with the managers ideas. Take Gallagher, he runs about a lot, he tries but he's not a wide player. There are so many square pegs in round holes.

So I'd say it's the opposite of what he said. They are doing as they are told and that's the problem.

• Like 2

That first half was so terrible, it made the second half look okay, and it wasn't even that.

Looked like a problem for few months now us scoring goals, said we had 14 shots I can only remember 2. We look so easy to defend against, and so easy to score against.

Not good, team was a mess. Gallagher to RB was weird. Dack isn't fitting in at all.

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m looking forward to celebrating the end of mowbray. Il drink a vineyard that night 

Our January results mean he will be here til the end of the season. 

His last chance is Harwood-Bellis performing at centre-back, and Johnson and Holtby coming back this month, but they will need to do it despite Mowbray, not because of him. 

He will still play Gally in defence or on the wing, and he will still try to play Davenport, so the players will have to play even better to nullify this managerial genius.....