BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

For me there are some things that have to happen with the team. Dack HAS to start and in his best position. Harwood Bellis should not at any point be shoe horned in regardless of Mowbray trying to appease Pep. Douglas has to come back in, the only selection dilemma for me is the left side where no one is demanding a start to be honest.

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Branthwaite Douglas

Travis Davenport

Elliott Dack Brereton

Armstrong

Subs: Pears, Harwood Bellis, Gallagher, Dolan, Rothwell, Downing, Trybull, Bell, Bennett

• Like 1

Ditch the 4-3-3, start Dack in his best position, don't play with a false 9, give Elliott a rest and don't try to shoehorn the lad from City in at any point.

Kamniski

Nyambe        Lenihan              Branthwaite      Douglas

Travis                 Davenport

Dolan                           Dack                             Rothwell

Armstrong

• Like 1

• Backroom

Apathy mode has been fully activated for me.

This is what our season has now been reduced to. Hoping to get one over local rivals for bragging rights. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

But in the grand scheme of things it will mean nowt in terms of the league.

And how often have we performed well when live on Sky? Basically never.

1-1 draw. We gave it a right good go. 🙄

• Like 5

Kaminski 

nyambe. Lenihan. Branthwaite douglas

Trav.  N.  Dav 

elliott.           Dack.       Arma

Gallagher

i know arma is better suited up top but I’d be interested to see how this works with these three feeding off Gallagher as well as having some actual height in the box for a crossing option

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ditch the 4-3-3, start Dack in his best position, don't play with a false 9, give Elliott a rest and don't try to shoehorn the lad from City in at any point.

Kamniski

Armstrong

In all honesty, this looks to be our strongest line-up to me. Nicely worked out. I'm really disappointed with Rothwell lately. He has so much talent but plays far too within himself. A potential matchwinner on his day though.

I expect us to win this 2-0

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Silas said:

This is what our season has now been reduced to. Hoping to get one over local rivals for bragging rights. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

Leeds away five or so seasons ago

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

What is certain is that this will be a very different North End team than the one we played in November. They made 8 signings in the transfer window and last Saturday 6 of them started the game with another coming on as a sub.

Didn't they lose ?

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

Didn't they lose ?

Yes. I wasn't saying that they were a better team, just that it's more than half a new team we will be playing. For what it's worth it sounds like they played OK on Saturday but gave away a soft own goal in the first minute and then missed their chances.

• Silas pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Silas said:

That's the spirit! 

• Like 1

We should win as we have a stronger squad and our home record is solid against the middle or bottom sides in the division.

But notwithstanding the Deepdale fixture earlier this season our record against the noisy neighbours is poor in recent years, and they will be desperate to make up for the pasting of earlier this season.

Of bigger concern is whether we are embarking on yet another spiral having played quite poorly now since Christmas, having a few fortunate results and then hitting the buffers at QPR. Rebound with a win and it can be put down as an off day or blip but what we cannot afford is another spiral of 3 defeats or 5 games without a win like we often have.

• Like 2

I fear this one could be a reversal of the previous fixture which was an excellent effort from us.  It was a strangely subdued one by them though so i think they'll be really up for this so i hope we are.

I plump for a  2 - 2 action packed draw although in truth it could go either way by a few goals.

Absolute home banker this one - even 'Tinkerman Tony' couldn't screw this one up.

PNE in poor form (and transition) having just one point from their last three games and just one win in their last five games.

Know a good few folk who follow PNE (family and friends) and they are bricking it, fearing a real thumping.  They look at the likes of Armstrong, Elliott, Dack and even Dolan (with a big point to prove) and can see four or five goals flying in.

I'd put every bit of money you could afford to lose on a Rovers' win at evens or slightly better.  Fill yer boots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Kamniski

Armstrong

A decent side and better formation for the players. You do know Mowbray won't abandon 4-3-3. It's supposed to be his lucky talisman.

41 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Absolute home banker this one - even 'Tinkerman Tony' couldn't screw this one up.

PNE in poor form (and transition) having just one point from their last three games and just one win in their last five games.

Know a good few folk who follow PNE (family and friends) and they are bricking it, fearing a real thumping.  They look at the likes of Armstrong, Elliott, Dack and even Dolan (with a big point to prove) and can see four or five goals flying in.

I'd put every bit of money you could afford to lose on a Rovers' win at evens or slightly better.  Fill yer boots.

Oh god Mercer. 🤨

• Like 7