BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

I'm not drunk and it's 5 am here and that truly was as bad as I've seen us ..... ever and I mean since 1963.

So many of our players look disconnected, not knowing who should be making a run, not passing or passing to no one. The list of faults is endless.

I find it amazing that one manager can feck up so many players to the extent he has.

But at least he was, for once, honest today and admitted he's not into tactics or formations.

Makes me wonder though why he claims to watch countless vids of other teams to spot their strengths so he can set up to counter some obscure full back who may or may not hit a meaningful forward pass.

I think he may have been telling pork pies..

• Like 5

Just now, neophox said:

Everyone on this MB seems to want Mowbray sacked.

With the decisions he makes and lack of match contribution whilst he's sitting down, I'm thinking even Mowbray would like the sack. 

While all this time is precious, if and when he does go we will look back on this season as a season when we could have made the playoffs under proper football management. 

3 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Where are you ? 
Where is there anyone who can defend Mowbray ? ....

this is as bad as it gets ....he’s an embarrassment, he’s robbing a living, he’s regressing decent young players, he’s a tactical dynasore ,  he can’t even get off his arse, he’s taking ( taken ) what’s left of this club and made it a laughing stock along the M65 and west towards the M6 , he’s on a journey ..to where ????? 
A man who said he would know when to go .....shite ...well Tony....my journey is about to end . Tonight I was embarrassed to be a lifelong supporter of this club. You have taken me to lows I never thought possible. 

We can only hope he leaves tomorrow.

Just now, Dolly blue said:

Where are you ? 
Where is there anyone who can defend Mowbray ? ....

this is as bad as it gets ....he’s an embarrassment, he’s robbing a living, he’s regressing decent young players, he’s a tactical dynasore ,  he can’t even get off his arse, he’s taking ( taken ) what’s left of this club and made it a laughing stock along the M65 and west towards the M6 , he’s on a journey ..to where ????? 
A man who said he would know when to go .....shite ...well Tony....my journey is about to end . Tonight I was embarrassed to be a lifelong supporter of this club. You have taken me to lows I never thought possible. 

he sat down for the entire 90 minutes doing nothing,thats a sackable offence to me,maybe he thinks he`s unsackable and with no fans to barrack him he`s in clover,never seen a rovers side so disorganised and that includes keans side as well,at least they kept a shape and were organised to an extent, they just did`nt want to play for him

One side looked like they turned up to play in a local derby the other looked like they were just going through the motions. Preston from start to finish wanted it more they pressed all over the pitch they got stuck in and come the end if anything 1-2 flattered us.

If anything summed up Rovers lack of urgency and that they were going through the motions it was the last seconds of the game where Lenihan miss controlled it, took 2 touches, looked up and then decided to launch it into the box as the ref blew for full time. I thought Ched Evans was exceptional for them, he was look a mobile Danny Graham. How we miss him.

The whole defence was shocking.  Lenihan back to his worst and as a result the defence looked a shambles, Nyambe was about the best of a bad bunch and Douglas poor again the contrast between the two left backs tonight was stark. 

Branthwaite had a nightmare. He was a liability under the high ball and cost us two goals. That's the problem with loaning a young lad who has been mainly playing kids football, the emphasis there is on passing and keeping the ball on the floor. He won't have come up against a side putting the ball in the air to some big physical men very often. Look at the difference tonight between Branthwaite a young kid on loan and Lindsay a loan player who has played plenty of senior football.

Travis was a real disappointment bullied by their midfield, Davenport I thought was one of the better performers first half and was surprised to see him subbed. Rothwell was awful there is just no consistency with him at all its 1 good game followed by 4 or 5 bad ones. 

The situation with Gallagher at right back was farcical and summed up a manager that has lost the plot but the whole situation came from the fact that he has to give Bellis game time. Really in the last 2 games we haven't needed to bring a centre back on at full back as we have been chasing the game but to keep Man City happy he has done it twice. 

It was exactly the same with the subs as the weekend just throw on attacker after attacker on and hope they create a moment of magic to bail him out. But we ended up with no midfield to create anything the attackers were in the box and we kept putting balls in there but by that time we had taken our 6ft 3 attacker off. Just no thinking or structure behind his subs whatsoever, it was a horrible mess.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Root canal treatment anyone.? 

Rovers matchday threads are a difficult read but I'm now on board with a change of manager. Treading water with players who are much better than being played ad - hoc. 

No direction and worse, not being played in the right positions. Even a plank like me can see that. 

I imagine had we had Rhodes and Gestede they wouls also be playing on the wing, then subsituted to make way foe some youngster from the PL.

Absolutely dismal performance and an absolute mess on behalf of the manager. His tactics most of the time resemble total chaos, players out of position, subs increasing the confusion, constant changes of system and ultimately no clarity, with players struggling to know what to do. Scoreline flattered us with another wrong decision going our way. The subs today as touched upon elsewhere were absolutely bizarre, nobody else would have done what he did.

Branthwaite had a shocker on the back of a mistake last week and a horrendous challenge that should have led to a red card and penalty the week before. Get him out the team, bring in the other loan kid. Rothwell a waste of space 95% of the time. Nyambe massively overrated although he shouldnt have been subbed off. Kaminski a bomb scare tonight. Travis and Davenport ok, Dack our only spark so no doubt will be dropped.

We didnt have a chance of the top 6 before the game, even less so now. This isnt progress, and whilst some of the understandable emotional reactions on this thread are not fair. He has to go now.

• Like 3