BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

4 minutes ago, Arte et Labore said:

The first goal will need a long video analysis.  Three or four players standing in the same place doing nothing.  Preston rush through the centre, nyambe covers, and we lose coverage there. Why gallagher or someone didnt drop for nyambe is also baffling.

As the PNE keeper hoofed an up and under Gallagher was stranded upfield but not that far away from Cunningham.

Cunningham immediately set of on his run upfield but Gallagher did not until too late and then just a fast jog with no real intent to make up the ground lost by being asleep.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

As the PNE keeper hoofed an up and under Gallagher was stranded upfield but not that far away from Cunningham.

Cunningham immediately set of on his run upfield but Gallagher did not until too late and then just a fast jog with no real intent to make up the ground lost by being asleep.

You could argue it was the only option for nyambe to move across to almost left half (I'm old) but other players need to read these situations.  Regardless, I'm more annoyed with the 2 centre half crowding the wrong area like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbary is on record in saying that you cannot build a team with loans and/or 'kids'

We finished yesterday with 4 loans onfield including 3 'kids' and a past it LB stuck, as alleged, in Leeds B&W

Meanwhile Mowbray says we are on a Journey.

How this in full public view con has duped so many is beyond me.

A sober reminder that kids need to be used sparingly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting your post your logic says that, because of many poor appointments we should stick with Mowbray whilst the current owners are in situ. 

If we want to progress we have to get rid of Mowbray, Venus and Lowe. I do agree that any new managerial appointment is a roll of the dice but in the view of the majority we have to take that chance. Quite simply we are treading water and the mid table obscurity has become the norm. A new appointment now would give a new boss time to assess the squad, look at new contracts, plan new signings and pre season planning. But sticking with him until the seasons end will make all the planning difficult for a new managerial team.

Stick with him and the club will die. There is nothing to look forward to. Can't remember the last decent Cup run of either kind. Death comes nearer with every game. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Arte et Labore said:

You could argue it was the only option for nyambe to move across to almost left half (I'm old) but other players need to read these situations.  Regardless, I'm more annoyed with the 2 centre half crowding the wrong area like that.

The CBs caused the problem by failure to deal with a routine high ball, Nyambe got pulled across to cover a free PNE player and Cunningham had not been tracked by anyone.

A lot of our players at fault, Nyambe possibly the least at fault unless he should have noted earlier that Gallagher was being lazy.

• Like 2

I'm still fuming about what we saw last night. A huge game against very average opponents and we simply weren't up for it. We got out fought in every department.

Make no mistake, Preston are a very poor team yet they are level on points with us now. That in itself tells you how poor we've been this season. 

TM has no idea how to change a game. You only have to look at our results when we've conceded first this season. I think that it's sinking in with TM that he's reached his limit here and he doesn't have the skillset to take us any further. 

What got us here won't get us to where we want to go. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Arte et Labore said:

Agree with this Nyambe did nothing wrong. Branthwaite totally misreads the clearance and ends up 10 yards under it. Lenihan moves in to challenge after the bounce leaving hole in Central defence with him and branthwaite now next to each other (again - this was a common theme). Nyambe has to come across to cover the central space as that was were the threat was. Once switched to the left he busts his balls to get out and Block the shot. Cunningham scores that 1 in 10 it was a great strike. Gallaghers starting position was waiting to press a pass out from the keeper and never reacted after the long ball. Root cause was branthwaite error. Him and lenihen were all over the place all night neither knowing what the other was doing. Around 85 minutes they both did the same thing several times trying to chase a through ball and looked like they were tied together with string - no communication or understanding. Ridiculous defending and was why kaminski seemed like a third centre half all night with our lack of shape and defensive nous in front of him. Awful night.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Never seen anything like the Nyambe/Gallagher/Harwood Bellis farce in 50 years of watching football.

Has to be a line in the sand moment. He has to go now.

NO MORE! 

Under normal owners he might but this lot won't even begin to understand what just happened there.  I think the man is taking the piss now.  Sadly he is here as long as he wants to be.  Our best hope is a Newcastle type saviour when they took Souness as he was losing the plot.

I am well and truly sick of it, totally repetitive nonsensical selections and player postioning.  An emotionless carrot sat in the stands with hands in pockets, where's your pride man.  Have some and step down, please lay off the acid before your next team selection if you don't.  Just gonna stick me neck out and predict another two limp defeats before a mini revival.  Was nice to see Downing bollockin a few.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The CBs caused the problem by failure to deal with a routine high ball, Nyambe got pulled across to cover a free PNE player and Cunningham had not been tracked by anyone.

A lot of our players at fault, Nyambe possibly the least at fault unless he should have noted earlier that Gallagher was being lazy.

Or could be a centre forward who has been dumped out wide because of some self imagined tactical visionary who now does not put much reliance on tactics (and formations, results etc for that matter ) might not have the defensive sense of a proper winger. Not blaming Nyambe or Gallagher for that goal.

Cracking finish though

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Well...the morning after the night before....

kaminski....looking at the carnage in front of him

Nyambe ....looking for the exit door 

Lenihan.....looking a cross between a pub player and a half decent defender 

Branthwaite...looking a little boy in a man’s body

Douglas ....looking finished

Travis ....looking unfit and too heavy 

Davenport ....looking bemused

Rothwell .....looking, as ever, a 1 game in 5 man

Dack ....looking a mere shadow of Bradley

Gallagher ......looking for the “ How to play right back “ manual 

Armstrong....looking for no one, head down 

Mowbray.....looking for the answers 

Venus and Lowe....looking in the same place as Mowbray 

Venkys.....looking away 

We, the faithful, looking for help .....

I thought Douglas was ok. He has a football brain, which is severely lacking for some.

For some reason Rothwell disappointed me the most yesterday. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, den said:

Keep saying it, we need a centre forward

So he can be played where exactly cos I would bet me next paycheck it would not be centre forward, shoot this fella would have had shearer playing at the back ir some other odd position in one of his phsycotic versions of Mowbrayball.  Been clear to me for sometime most of the players are not buying into this shitnhe is feeding them.  They do not believe in his errr "tactics". Worried about Bradley.

Mowbray badly out smarted by Neil last night. To the point where Mowbray should be embarrassed, the payers too, as they were out fought from the first minute. We could have easily lost that 4-0. Got a very soft penalty and their lad was too honest not going down to give them one. 

We are all over the place. Looking like a manager at the end for the last few weeks, but yet, somehow, he is up for last month's manager of the month. 

The interview after the game, how many times will he stand there and say we have been dreadful on sky? Like what does he say to then before the game? Can he not tell they are nervous or whatever. More confused actually. Worst I have ever seen Dack play, he misses Graham very badly. As for Rothwell, god he really disappointed me. To be quite honest, I could take or leave him being in the squad. When he's not scoring Messi like goals one in 6-7 games, I just don't know what he does. 

Now would be an ideal time for a change. Too much of a gap to the play offs now. Give a new manager time. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Correct ARA. The two centre backs had needlessly been dragged wide leaving their man completely unmarked right in front of goal. Nyambe HAD to come over.

If I were Nyambe this morning and had heard Mowbray singling me out for being at fault for the first goal, on TV, when I’d done the right thing I would be blazing. I’m sure he is - along with a few more.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

For their set piece goal, Gallagher has to be stronger there, Branthwaite too. Gallagher is the softest "big man" I have ever seen and it's typical we of all teams end up with him 

It's a toss up between Gallagher and Brererton as to who is the softest. David Speedie, who was about 8 inches shorter at least,  would have outjumped the pair of them with ease.

8 minutes ago, booth said:

And gullible owners.

It’s an interesting contradiction really isn’t it.

Good Venkys: On the one hand they have set up an environment (a bubble) where Mowbray appears to be under little pressure to get results and has complete autonomy over the team and recruitment. With Venkys picking up the losses every year.

Bad Venkys: On the other hand we are led to believe that we have to stick with Mowbray because the job would only attract chancers and Venkys will make the worst choice.

It’s one or the other not both.

If Mowbray was to walk tomorrow, would Waggott (or Suhail) really bring in another Kean or Coyle? If so, nothing has changed and Mowbray’s Stability Rovers is a fallacy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

After 28 games -

18/19 - 40 points, 6 off playoffs
19/20 - 40 points, 5 off playoffs 
20/21 - 39 points, 6 off playoffs 

Worse off despite the money and players. Not one person should have woken up this morning and thought he’s still the man. That performance was rancid, I’m still very very angry

• Like 4

13 hours ago, den said:

Plan B is to change players and keep doing the same thing. 
Tactically this squad gives us no options.

I politely dis agree, we probanly have more options and pemutations.and are more flexible than 75% of other championship squads.  We sadly have a manager who cannot use them.  Start by players in their proper positions. Rothwell had two worldy games playing where he wants to play only to never benused that way again.  Mowbray is lost, idiotic and stubborn with it.  Get him out.  How can it happen though with isolated iwners who know nowt about the game and a GM who Mowbray out in place his best mate.  Kick Mowbray upstairs with no real.power and let Johnno have a go, he will get more of a tune than this clown.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1