BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

13 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

But at least he was, for once, honest today and admitted he's not into tactics or formations.

Surely an important skill.for a football manager.  Has he just told Pune that he does not know what he is doing, will they hear it.  An open admission that he does not know what he is doing.  Fire him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Or could be a centre forward who has been dumped out wide because of some self imagined tactical visionary who now does not put much reliance on tactics (and formations, results etc for that matter ) might not have the defensive sense of a proper winger. Not blaming Nyambe or Gallagher for that goal.

Cracking finish though

Lets be honest Gallagher has been miss used long enough to know his duties wide right.

Well that was my view before taking into account Mowbrays disclaimer on tactics and formations and therefore logically any coaching on any play related to them.

It is quite possible Gallagher was just told to stand out wide right by that white line. Full stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lets be honest Gallagher has been miss used long enough to know his duties wide right.

Well that was my view before taking into account Mowbrays disclaimer on tactics and formations and therefore logically any coaching on any play related to them.

It is quite possible Gallagher was just told to stand out wide right by that white line. Full stop.

Coyle got more out of Gallagher in 6 months than Mowbray has managed in 2 years. Even a clown like Coyle could work out that Gallagher is a lump who is only effective through the middle.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Not his job. The play came from the middle where we should have had Davenport and Travis in front of Lenihan and Branthwaite. Had no business inside, he is out of position, period.

It is his job. The central area is always the most dangerous and if the CBs have abandoned it then Nyambe is obliged to come inside to deal with their mess. Davenport and Travis did not have that covered.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Coyle got more out of Gallagher in 6 months than Mowbray has managed in 2 years. Even a clown like Coyle could work out that Gallagher is a lump who is only effective through the middle.

Yes he did. Gallagher looked like a developing player that we would not be able to afford to buy.

I still think he could do something better played central but dont want Armstrong put wide.

As others point out the problem is that Gallagher is a bit soft and has the first touch of a hand-less whore

Afternoon @Mercer, after a last minute menu change last weekend I have attached this evenings menu and await a wine recommendation. I’ll be in the Whalley Wine Shop at 6pm sharp, I’ll leave you something behind the bar for your next visit. 
With thanks, as always! 

AFA56985-1229-4EC6-8D6A-6D4249FE1B41.jpeg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

For me you either play him up front in a centre forward style role or you don't play him at all. The idea that his height is handy for defending set pieces doesn't outweigh his uselessness as a winger/fullback.

Given the state of the pitch at the moment I'd be inclined to go full on ale house football and pair Gallagher and Armstrong up front and just go long ball most of the time.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, J*B said:

Afternoon @Mercer, after a last minute menu change last weekend I have attached this evenings menu and await a wine recommendation. I’ll be in the Whalley Wine Shop at 6pm sharp, I’ll leave you something behind the bar for your next visit. 
With thanks, as always! 

AFA56985-1229-4EC6-8D6A-6D4249FE1B41.jpeg

Generally, curries and wine don't match.

However, based on your starter and fish based curry (with garlic and chilli), I'd go for an off-dry Riesling which is very slightly sweet.  Ask them to recommend a bottle and you should be able to get something decent for ten or twelve quid.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

For me you either play him up front in a centre forward style role or you don't play him at all. The idea that his height is handy for defending set pieces doesn't outweigh his uselessness as a winger/fullback.

Given the state of the pitch at the moment I'd be inclined to go full on ale house football and pair Gallagher and Armstrong up front and just go long ball most of the time.

that solution is far to simple for mowbray to consider😊

Stability Rovers is a fallacy Mowbray has created. The squad will disintegrate this summer as the few out of contract players who should be retained actually leave along with the loanees and the only regular goalscorer Armstrong for a knockdown fee further depleted by a sell-on fee to Newcastle. The prospects for nex season are frightening. 

• Like 5

Surprised to see this. Even aside from his bizarre cameo at right back, all he did of any value was dive for the penalty. Questions over his defending and positioning for both goals and I dont recall any attacking contributions of any worth. There was once when he totally messed up an opportunity to slide Armstrong in.

Screenshot_20210213-132126_Twitter.jpg

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surprised to see this. Even aside from his bizarre cameo at right back, all he did of any value was dive for the penalty. Questions over his defending and positioning for both goals and I dont recall any attacking contributions of any worth. There was once when he totally messed up an opportunity to slide Armstrong in.

Screenshot_20210213-132126_Twitter.jpg

Verses?

I'm yet to see Mowbray get a decent tune out of Gallagher.