BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

11 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

My Burnley supporting wife has a spring in her step this morning.

I attempted to explain that our squad is more than good enough to challenge for promotion, but TM delegates the starting XI and crucially formation to our 18 month old daughter. On reflection I might actually be onto something.

Hopeless.

I’d be less bothered if we didn’t have such a good squad. When we were relegated the squad was poor, but we could and should be doing better.

Did you know she supported Burnley before you married her?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Agreed I thought Davenport was doing well. Downing though always impresses, which is worrying considering his age.

I think Douglas issue is, his specialty is crossing from deep. But we got no one that can head it, so kind of kills his best attribute. On the other side we got Nyambe., who can beat a man, but cant cross it. 

I’m not against Downing coming on, but think he should have come on for Rothwell, SG or Douglass.  We were lacking for ideas in the final third and he could have replaced a wide player and provided more of an impact 

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

This is 100% spot on. For those who say, “it can’t get worse than TM”, oh, yes it can. 

Can’t you see how negative and defeatist this is? It also blows out of the water any suggestion that Venkys are good for Rovers.

‘Brand TM’ is unwatchable, unsuccessful rubbish. As others have said, his longevity has come about because of the destruction of any expectation and ambition. He lives off his decade-old West Brom success with the twice-a-season pundits and his L1 promotion (having failed his first task) with the fans. If he had kept us up that season, he would have already gone by now such has been his legacy since.

He talks about the play-offs but then doesn’t do anything cohesively to achieve them. His approach is becoming ever more erratic and he doesn’t even instil pride in local derby games.

I watched some of they Andy Cole career highlight on Sly while waiting for the game last night. In the two minutes they showed of his time at Ewood, he talked about how he had fallen out with Souness on day 1 as he “didn’t like being told what to do”. He wanted more respect given his age, ability and experience you he did his own thing. You wonder how many Rovers players are doing the same with Mowbray? Yes, it’s easy to blame the players but the manager first has to have the players’ respect. The buck stops with the guy in the dugout whose job it is to her the best out of his squad. If that’s Venus then replace Venus but ultimately it’s Mowbray’s watch.

As a footnote, I think Mowbray has had a poor loan market this season. With the exception of an under-the-spotlight Harvey Elliott (now halting Dolan’s development for 12 months), the rest are error-prone and/or learning their trade. A January window with the play-offs in reach should be about getting the necessary players to take you over the line, not filling out the squad to “help the lads”.

Something needs to change. I fear it will have to be Waggott first - let’s hope the rumours are true.

• Like 9

Mowbary is on record in saying that you cannot build a team with loans and/or 'kids'

We finished yesterday with 4 loans onfield including 3 'kids' and a past it LB stuck, as alleged, in Leeds B&W

Meanwhile Mowbray says we are on a Journey.

How this in full public view con has duped so many is beyond me.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

The Cunningham goal is worth full analysis.

Having been exposed by the incompetence of our 2 CBs in dealing with a straight forward up and under Nyambe did his job in coming inside to cover.

Meanwhile up field Gallagher was asleep but did wake up to slowly amble back whilst Cunningham was leaving him in the dust.

Very poor by our CBs but pathetically awful by Gallagher.

Branthwaite is riding his luck. Twice he has got away with conceding a penalty and being sent off. His style is an accident in waiting. He will develop well after making his mistakes with us and assisting in the feck up of our season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The Cunningham goal is worth full analysis.

Having been exposed by the incompetence of our 2 CBs in dealing with a straight forward up and under Nyambe did his job in coming inside to cover.

Meanwhile up field Gallagher was asleep but did wake up to slowly amble back whilst Cunningham was leaving him in the dust.

Very poor by our CBs but pathetically awful by Gallagher.

Branthwaite is riding his luck. Twice he has got away with conceding a penalty and being sent off. His style is an accident in waiting. He will develop well after making his mistakes with us and assisting in the feck up of our season.

As a side note, goal apart, didn’t think Cunningham was great. 

First time in a long long time that no Rovers players would be worthy of a 7 out of 10 or more for that performance (maybe Downing who actually put his foot on the ball and changed the direction of play in order to progress up the pitch).

However, I don't necessarily blame the players, I blame the manager and his staff who are making them look more and more confused match by match.

I thought last night that the players body language suggested they are ready for a change and fed up with the current management team. Similar to the end of Paul Ince's time here.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tomphil said:

You have to go after teams like this and get in their face otherwise they'll do it to us. Sit off, go sideways and backwards we'll see the usual poor goal conceded then come to life trying to get back in it after a load of subs and several formation changes. The blueprint is out there.

Doing the double over this lot would set us up nicely and maybe show we are improving. 

Marginally of course !

The blueprint like i said !

Abject rubbish mostly from start to finish but no surprise whatsoever. 

Play a loanee kid you'll get mistakes, ask your right back to be your main attacker without proper cover you'll get balls played in behind him constantly.

Ask your big forward to be wide and do f#ck knows what and he'll run down blind alleys all night. Set out a side with no balance and you won't find any.

Outdone by PNE, their budget & manager 4 or 5 times out of 6 now.  Says it all.

I haven't re-watched any of our matches this season but I think I'm going to have to re-watch last night, or at least the second half.

It's like a blur. It was unlike anything that I'd ever seen in football in my life and I at least need to try and make some sense of what we were doing/trying to do.

If this were a functional football club Mowbray would be in a meeting today or tomorrow explaining himself. Not at unaccountable be-your-own-boss Rovers though, apparently it is the uneducated masses who simply don't understand football.

By the looks of what I've seen nobody - fans, media, players - had a clue what we were doing. Only Tony.

• Like 2

I’ve waited till the light of day and agree with the posters who say times up. The last parts of the game where the end of a managers era football. Players scattered randomly all over the field, unsure what to do or how to do it.

im totally lost for words. All I can say is he has reached the point where he just needs to get out no more talk no more football wisdom no more chances. That was the worst I’ve seen since possibly Oldham away.

in conclusion will he go. Answer not a chance

• Like 2

I only watch rovers a couple of games a season now so I kind if come fresh to things. My observations last night were how poor the defence was positionally.   A good side would have scored 3 or 4.  The other thought was a lot of the players, maybe the most talented ones, are a little bit the same.  Small, agile and all trying to play little passes.  It may work with billionaire teams but seemed over complicated.  Some of our crosses from wide were pretty good but there was no aerial presence there.  Our tallest guy was playing out wide 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Still can't get over how bad we looked at the back last night..was like watching the Keystone Cops.Kaminski looked like he had no belief in those in front of him.

The first goal will need a long video analysis.  Three or four players standing in the same place doing nothing.  Preston rush through the centre, nyambe covers, and we lose coverage there. Why gallagher or someone didnt drop for nyambe is also baffling.

2 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

My Burnley supporting wife has a spring in her step this morning.

I attempted to explain that our squad is more than good enough to challenge for promotion, but TM delegates the starting XI and crucially formation to our 18 month old daughter. On reflection I might actually be onto something.

Hopeless.

I’d be less bothered if we didn’t have such a good squad. When we were relegated the squad was poor, but we could and should be doing better.

That is the depressing thing.  The players are quite capable individually.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arte et Labore said:

The first goal will need a long video analysis.  Three or four players standing in the same place doing nothing.  Preston rush through the centre, nyambe covers, and we lose coverage there. Why gallagher or someone didnt drop for nyambe is also baffling.

Ball watching all 6 of them.  Terrible footballers.

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Still can't get over how bad we looked at the back last night..was like watching the Keystone Cops.Kaminski looked like he had no belief in those in front of him.

That was another worrying sign last night he was beginning to look ropey although he's also one of the only ones who looks angry.

The constant playing the ball short to his full backs allowing Nob end to close down and pin us in was nothing short of bizarre.

But where was the direction from the manager ????

17 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

With the Chuckle Brothers at centre half you can’t blame him.

Still can’t get over how bad the Everton lad was. The ultimate example of ‘gaining experience’ at our expense.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1