BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

22 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Am I missing something, are we basing this Obafemi turned us down conclusion on some wank football insider Web page or other sources? Doesn't exactly sound legit on there... 

And if it said he had signed everyone would be questioning the source and waiting for an announcement from the club 

53 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon reckons Obafemi hasn't given an answer yet, 2 other clubs in for him 

Hmm. An unreliable source contradicted by an unreliable source. I think I'll just wait and see what actually happens.

(Not a dig at you for posting it of course)

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Hmm. An unreliable source contradicted by an unreliable source. I think I'll just wait and see what actually happens.

(Not a dig at you for posting it of course)

Tbf BB, as BSy as Nicko is normally he has pretty much been spot on for most of this deal..

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 1

The only way forward is not signing a new striker or any other player. The first thing to do is to sack the manager asap. 

The problem is that Venkys will reward him to honour his contract and then we will get a new manager. Only way I can see Mowbray stay is if he would take us to the Premier League. As long as we are safe he will stay here and they wont have to pay him off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I actually prefer Kean to Mowbray because at least most people saw through him fairly early on. It took a long time for him to go but we knew he would eventually.  I can't see a day when Mowbray goes, and some fans still seem to support/feel sorry for him. in Kean's day we still had the odd good player and we did at least get some entertaining football.  There were some decent stories about the players getting angry at Kean.  Nowadays they just go to sleep when Mowbray starts talking.

This is actually criminal. Prefer him to Mowbray 😳

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gav said:

If we had any chance of going up I’d tend to agree with you den, but we will finish mid table this season, again, it’s time to sure up the defence and Kaminski and Pickering are a start, central defender needed.

Gav, have you started early tonight my friend?What on earth makes you think we can finish mid table "again" (not that 15th is midtable away) shorn of 36 goals from Armstrong and Elliott and no reinforcements up front?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Surely not with our crack negotiator Mark Venus getting the deal over the line and Tony Mowbray telling the player how our new signings go straight into the side in their favoured position.

Oh.........hang on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I didn't say I liked, respected or wanted either of them as manager. Just that Kean was blatantly a chancer and a villain, whereas Mowbray is somehow still pulling the wool over some people's eyes

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

i do to,kean was a clueless chancer who sooner or later was guaranteed to get the boot,mowbray on the other hand does know what he`s doing and he`s manipulated his way into a bombproof position,despite 5 seasons,no progress made and a lot of money spent,the guy is toxic imo

• Like 4

I thought it was debatable people comparing Coyle to Mowbray but now Kean ?

Come on people Mowbray is an experienced football manager, a limited one who got lost in his own world a few seasons ago.  Kean was a bibs and cones coach at best who was also on the dole before he slithered in here. On top of that he was an outright con job whereas Mowbray is just merrily winging it along.

He's guilty of hanging on to be pushed for his pay off for sure but from his point of view, the longer he clings on it's just as likely he'll get another contract instead. 

If there are snakes still around now i'd suggest they are buried a bit deeper.  Tony is just a DJ who only has one record.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Surely not with our crack negotiator Mark Venus getting the deal over the line and Tony Mowbray telling the player how our new signings go straight into the side in their favoured position.

Oh.........hang on.

Wasn't the new guy supposed to be taking care of this side of things? John Park? Who came in with the title of head of recruitment and has recruited, well absolutely pissing nobody 🤣 you can't script this circus you really can't.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Come on people Mowbray is an experienced football manager, a limited one who got lost in his own world a few seasons ago.  Kean was a bibs and cones coach at best who was also on the dole before he slithered in here. On top of that he was an outright con job whereas Mowbray is just merrily winging it along.

He's guilty of hanging on to be pushed for his pay off for sure but from his point of view, the longer he clings on it's just as likely he'll get another contract instead. 

If there are snakes still around now i'd suggest they are buried a bit deeper.  Tony is just a DJ who only has one record.

he`s patently lost his honourable intention of resigning when he could`nt take the club any further,being a burden has also conviniently been forgotten as well!!!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So he isn’t involved in the Coventrio? He didn’t get his mate in, Waggot, who is trying to asset strip the club? 

The fact he talked about being honourable and then being anything but is enough for me.  Not even mentioning how many times he’s called the fans out for apparently still living in the 90’s instead of explaining why the team is dysfunctional and always losing. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

Jesus wept....no wonder the football clubs dyeing a death without so much as a whimper.....

That rat Kean never got the boot he resigned on his own terms, after waging a public war against the fans.

He stabbed the previous manager in the back, stabbed the likes of Nelson and Salgado, to mentioned just 2, in the back and brought his mates into the club, who then took turns at destroying Jacks legacy, destroying local businesses and destroying this once proud town.

I'm almost lost for words we have some fans who would have that ******* rat over Mowbray, a manager who is simply out of his depth.

I need a drink.....

Think you've read it wrong!

Think there is more to this man than meets the eye - sadly, IMO, none of it relates to the skills of football management.

Humble, man of integrity?  I'd rather believe the moon is made of green cheese!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s patently lost his honourable intention of resigning when he could`nt take the club any further,being a burden has also conviniently been forgotten as well!!!!

The acid test for that might be coming very soon but yes can't see him resigning unless he gets mutual terms offered before he's pushed.

They won't push him though because they don't sack people they get others in to try and get rid. 

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

So he isn’t involved in the Coventrio? He didn’t get his mate in, Waggot, who is trying to asset strip the club? 

The fact he talked about being honourable and then being anything but is enough for me.  Not even mentioning how many times he’s called the fans out for apparently still living in the 90’s instead of explaining why the team is dysfunctional and always losing. 

Like i said though he isn't Kean on or off the pitch i think his intentions were honorable but he lost the plot some time ago. Hes been winging it ever since stringing it along to hold onto his comfy position. It isn't right but it's standard football stuff Bowyer would've done the same thing.

Yes he's a fully paid up member of the Coventrio but i'd say he's more monkey than organ grinder. I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of the bull shit started again once Waggot got here and got his feet under the table.

Honest humble Tony has morphed into cunning Tony once in the presence of enough allies within the club.

They all need the boot.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think you've read it wrong!

Think there is more to this man than meets the eye - sadly, IMO, none of it relates to the skills of football management.

Humble, man of integrity?  I'd rather believe the moon is made of green cheese!

I fail to see where Gav said "humble" or "man of integrity"?

Seems like a bit of a strawman you're building there.

8 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

The lack of media literacy on here still surprises me.

How are 90% of the people on here just taking the "exclusive footballinsider247 source" on the Obafemi deal as gospel? Come on, lads, that's less reliable than a classic old Nicko 11 o'clocker.

I miss the 11 o’clockers!

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

I actually prefer Kean to Mowbray because at least most people saw through him fairly early on. It took a long time for him to go but we knew he would eventually.  I can't see a day when Mowbray goes, and some fans still seem to support/feel sorry for him. in Kean's day we still had the odd good player and we did at least get some entertaining football.  There were some decent stories about the players getting angry at Kean.  Nowadays they just go to sleep when Mowbray starts talking.

Bonkers IMHO.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Wasn't the new guy supposed to be taking care of this side of things? John Park? Who came in with the title of head of recruitment and has recruited, well absolutely pissing nobody 🤣 you can't script this circus you really can't.

Guessing Park is (allegedly) in charge of identifying targets and Venus is still (theoretically) charged with getting the deals over the line.

Unless Venus's role within the Club has mysteriously changed yet again.