BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Is anybody else getting really irritated by every time the Obafemi transfer is mentioned it is captioned by "This is a totally separate deal". We all know that's a crock of shite and repeatedly telling the lie doesn't make it less so. It's starting to sound like a Trump rally.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Is anybody else getting really irritated by every time the Obafemi transfer is mentioned it is captioned by "This is a totally separate deal". We all know that's a crock of shite and repeatedly telling the lie doesn't make it less so. It's starting to sound like a Trump rally.

They have hammered it home that much, that by now everyone knows that It isn't a separate deal at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

I was staggered 2 weeks ago we hadn't signed a soul. We have since lost our best player and still not signed anybody. Yet Mowbray waltzes into his press conferences and the same happy nodders from the LT and BBC Lancs buy into "how hard" Mowbray has it. 

Irritated isn't a strong enough word, I'm livid!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, cesus said:

I was staggered 2 weeks ago we hadn't signed a soul. We have since lost our best player and still not signed anybody. Yet Mowbray waltzes into his press conferences and the same happy nodders from the LT and BBC Lancs buy into "how hard" Mowbray has it. 

Irritated isn't a strong enough word, I'm livid!

It is such a shame for poor Mowbray on his huge salary, failing to achieve mediocrity. The Obafemi thing irritates, the rest of the bungling, responsibility dodging bullshit really pisses me off.

• Like 6

Ideally we sign a long term fix at centre half and send both out on loan. Mowbray hasn't done that before so it's unlikely he will do it now.

So it's likely it will be another premier league loan. Could be costly like tosin or could be someone very young and raw like branthwaite.

Ideally we need 4 centre half's. Lenihan is prone to an injury and suspension and ayala is rivalled by vince grella in his injury proneness. Wharton is coming back from a serious injury and probably won't be available till October at the earliest. Nyambe can play centre half but there isn't another right back in the squad.

Carter needs to stay at ewood till January, the most important thing is having cover, he will likely get game time here which will aid his development. Magloire might not be upto standard but he needs replacing. 

I just don't see the point in bringing in a premier league loan. A short term fix at best, at worst you are losing points developing someone else's player. One of the reasons I renewed my season ticket was the hope of watching us develop our own players. We ain't getting playoffs or better so as long as we don't go down then now is the time to do it. 

I think Mowbray should put a little more faith in Carter.

• Like 4

Carter will get game time. No way is Ayala staying fit for long. I have been impressed with him too. Think he is better than someone like Branthwaite.

As somebody else mentioned, we aint going up so there is little point loaning in kids from elsewhere when we have our own. 

Only way Id agree on a Carter loan would be if we actually went out and bought a solid defender or two of our own. Would be some precedent though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

It's the ''Small Lie'' or maybe its the ''Pathetic Excuse for a Lie''

Waggott does look a lot like the Pillow Guy and as believable. Stick a blonde wig on Mowbray and he's a passable Jenius.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Venus and Park were at Blackpool on Tuesday as guests of Middlesbrough although I suspect it was more to do with the fact we play Middlesbrough soon rather than actually scouting players.

Well that triggered me. Boro need shut of a few sick notes or retirees is more likely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blue_n_white99 said:

But the point is no one KNOWS anything apart from we sold Armstrong to Southampton!

55 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Venus and Park were at Blackpool on Tuesday as guests of Middlesbrough although I suspect it was more to do with the fact we play Middlesbrough soon rather than actually scouting players.

Since Blackpool won 3-0 let's hope they learned something!

1 hour ago, blue_n_white99 said:

The whole thing seems bizzarre now.  According to all reports a fee for Obafemi has been agreed for a while.  That means we have permission to talk to the player.  TM said yesterday he hadn't spoken to the lad.  Why not?  Obafemi clearly isn't interested in coming this way or the deal would have been done days ago

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The whole thing seems bizzarre now.  According to all reports a fee for Obafemi has been agreed for a while.  That means we have permission to talk to the player.  TM said yesterday he hadn't spoken to the lad.  Why not?  Obafemi clearly isn't interested in coming this way or the deal would have been done days ago

Does TM do transfers? Doesn't do tactics, training, league table etc etc 🤔😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

FFS! Why don't we just rename ourselves Blackburn Boro & be done with it!! 🤬

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Is that normal?? Sounds bizarre to me

Head of recruitment and assistant watching local games isn’t exactly what I’d call unusual in football!

The caveat “guests of boro” simply explains where the tickets came from (as stated were playing them soon) however make of it what you will!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Good news this morning though, Mowbray says Park is a workaholic!

Wonder if he’s kipping down at Brockhall

That will have been the pitch to Pune to get him the gig.

'John wants 50k per year plus expenses and % but he works 100 hours per week. So it's a bargain and still a saving from who we've got rid of'

'Ok Tony we like that a lot'.