BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Uh, so they made him and then he went back there later. Yeh I think that counts.

Also nobody is saying they need to be connected to Mowbray's time at Boro, just Boro - the club he loves, is a hero at, still lives near and has many connections at.

oK 🙂

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've no proof, but I've been told he's on a LOT more than that.

I mentioned it because it was one of the more plausible theories iv'e heard. This guy is adamant Ayala was going abroad just for the money until Rovers upped their offer.

Probably got a whacking great signing on fee and the balance on the contract is a bit less per week.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I mentioned it because it was one of the more plausible theories iv'e heard. This guy is adamant Ayala was going abroad just for the money until Rovers upped their offer.

Probably got a whacking great signing on fee and the balance on the contract is a bit less per week.

I wouldn't mind him getting whatever he is on, as long as he produces something that is worth it. Let's hope this season he does. 

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wouldn't mind him getting whatever he is on, as long as he produces something that is worth it. Let's hope this season he does. 

There remains the prospect of him finding his rhythm and some fitness and doing well.

The prospect of getting value for money out of him over 3 years remains dubious. Although if he was fit and under contract when we signed him he'd still have cost millions before any wages.

So it's swings and roundabouts when it comes to the money i suppose. It's only ever an issue when they don't play or are crap.

• Like 1

I mean clearly at this point Mowbray is just going to swamp the team with 5 PL youngsters once they sort out their squads and work out who is left over.

So just a couple more weeks of no signings, then 5 inexperienced (if talented) ones all at once - in positions that we probably won't need. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean clearly at this point Mowbray is just going to swamp the team with 5 PL youngsters once they sort out their squads and work out who is left over.

So just a couple more weeks of no signings, then 5 inexperienced (if talented) ones all at once - in positions that we probably won't need. 

it looks like that is the plan,it will be the ones that are surplus to requirements as well,typical mowbray move,easier than scouting targets and negotiating with clubs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-bournemouth-set-sights-on-signing-southampton-star-obafemi-after-move-collapses/

Move on to one of the others from the list.

The likelihood of playing the next 4 games with the current threadbare squad is a huge concern.

If Obafemi hasn't come for talks by end of today then we need to move on and those bids for a couple of them should be in already. 

I mentioned Shankland from Dundee United before but he moved to club in Belgium for a million pounds this week  

So it will be interesting who these 5 or 6 strikers. We need one of these in before the WBA game 

I wonder if we have look at Jack Clarke from Spurs who was at Leeds who is available 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Obafemi hasn't come for talks by end of today then we need to move on and those bids for a couple of them should be in already. 

I mentioned Shankland from Dundee United before but he moved to club in Belgium for a million pounds this week  

So it will be interesting who these 5 or 6 strikers. We need one of these in before the WBA game 

I wonder if we have look at Jack Clarke from Spurs who was at Leeds who is available 

I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest. We are devoid of any urgency.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There is one tiny upside to this - their parent clubs will probably stipulate that a defender plays in defence, a midfielder in midfield and so on...

Not usually required for most clubs but i can imagine it being pretty prominent in any deals with Rovers 🤡

Edited by Roverthechimp

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest. We are devoid of any urgency.

I agree. We should had a striker in this week to replace Armstrong. We shouldn't be waiting for Obafemi to come for talks. It's been 3 or 4 days since bid was accepted. If he hasn't come for talks by now he ain't interested in coming here in my opinion. 

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yep they might get one in fit for purpose but the rest will probably be just grab the cheapest.  Then try and fit them in anywhere anytime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You really believe there are 5 or 6 strikers in our sights?

I think they are having us on. Con men.

Roll up roll up buy your tickets, we're busy working away trying to get some quality in.

Away the weeks go to the start of September and then we get a few loans if lucky and the cash disappears along with the substantial wage savings being made.

Excuse, after excuse, after excuse.

One thing Mowbray is good at. Every summer transfer window is the same yet still people think business will get done and we've cards up our sleeves.

• Like 8

I think Louie Annesley could end up going on loan back to Lincoln Red Imps - IF they qualify for the Europa Conference League. They have a winnable tie against FC Riga in the play-off round, and the second leg is on 26 August so still time in the international transfer window to hammer that one out. Him playing against some of Europe's top teams will be good for his development, probably better than going to a National League side.

31 minutes ago, inflikted said:

I think Louie Annesley could end up going on loan back to Lincoln Red Imps - IF they qualify for the Europa Conference League. They have a winnable tie against FC Riga in the play-off round, and the second leg is on 26 August so still time in the international transfer window to hammer that one out. Him playing against some of Europe's top teams will be good for his development, probably better than going to a National League side.

He's 21, and we have loads of other defenders of similar age ahead of him in the pecking order and on the fringes of the first team. Time to kick on, not go back to the level we got him from. If nobody from at least League One level wants him on loan by this point then I can't see a future for him here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I’m sorry about this and the moderators can take this down but is it the fried rice bit that is casual racism or the play on words. PS Let me assure you this is not a challenge or an attempt to undermine your observation. Just a request for clarity

His name sounds like a dish you would see on a Chinese menu, not sure how that is racist tbh. As for the other guy who did a play on  words, that is done for players all around the world. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Ideally we sign a long term fix at centre half and send both out on loan. Mowbray hasn't done that before so it's unlikely he will do it now.

So it's likely it will be another premier league loan. Could be costly like tosin or could be someone very young and raw like branthwaite.

Ideally we need 4 centre half's. Lenihan is prone to an injury and suspension and ayala is rivalled by vince grella in his injury proneness. Wharton is coming back from a serious injury and probably won't be available till October at the earliest. Nyambe can play centre half but there isn't another right back in the squad.

Carter needs to stay at ewood till January, the most important thing is having cover, he will likely get game time here which will aid his development. Magloire might not be upto standard but he needs replacing. 

I just don't see the point in bringing in a premier league loan. A short term fix at best, at worst you are losing points developing someone else's player. One of the reasons I renewed my season ticket was the hope of watching us develop our own players. We ain't getting playoffs or better so as long as we don't go down then now is the time to do it. 

I think Mowbray should put a little more faith in Carter.

Another year loan would do Magloire and Carter some good. I wouldn't mind loaning in a centre half so long as they were decent quality. 

We can essentially tell our two going out on loan there is a spot available for next season. Let them fight it out. Who can put in the best performance in league 1. Bit of incentive and hopefully we see them step up. 

Centre halves of Lenihan, Ayala, Wharton and a top quality loan should be enough to see us through. There was negligence last year but the Wharton injury completely screwed us over. Ayala was predicted though. 

50 minutes ago, alex l said:

I welcome debate on something like this because if people don't understand what can be taken as racism, the situation won't change. 

Racism as a basic definition is to judge based on race and generally to a detriment, yes? So here, we had people take an Oriental name and make fun of it through stereotypes they associate with it. 

Someone defended this by saying it sounded like a dish from a menu. It likely doesnt to someone Korean. Let's flip it - stereotypical English name, say Chris Smith. If someone in Korea saw that and said oh sounds like that'd go well with fish and chips - you'd think what the heck, the person's an idiot. 

As for the mock name - say that out loud in front of colleagues and your company's HR and go pack up your things. It's a stereotype of how Oriental people apparently speak English. 

On the comment that I am trying to be offended - no, I was offended. I am Chinese, but you certainly don't have to be from a race to be offended by racism. You might think these comments were light hearted, not directed at a particular person - hence my use of the casual racism term. But when you've had a lifetime of comments based purely on your heritage, any racist comment is one too many. 

And what are your thoughts on the Rovers transfer dealings ?