BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Almost 400 pages of nothing and now getting into a lather about somebody.... anybody.... from the 3rd division. 

Nobody is incoming for cash cos we ain't got any.

1 or 2 kids on loan at the death to make up squad numbers or some out of work experience after the window closes.

We'd agreed a fee with S'ton, so that's not the case.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Dale the lad being discussed scored 11 goals in league 1 last year.You said he scored once in 8 games???

Yes, Owen Dale has a record of 12 goals in 92 league 1 appearances, according to Wikipedia. A record of 1 goal every 7.66 games, which I rounded up to 8. 

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lot of people getting very cocky about the start, proves Mowbray's a better manager than the likes of Hughton etc etc........

Whilst we're all grateful for the seven points It's a marathon not a sprint and logic would suggest that we're still in for a long old season given the squad we currently have thanks to Mowbray's misuse of Club resources over the last 3 years.

Alas, I’m not being ‘cocky’ about the start we’ve had. I was responding to a post claiming Mowbray was intentionally causing carnage to leave an insurmountable mess for his successor. Getting 7 points from 9 would be an odd tactic to that end.

Agree with you fully, we’ve had a solid start but I think we are in for a very very tough season, particularly with the state of our squad and noises about the lack of recruitment.

Edited by Trinidad Rover

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lot of people getting very cocky about the start, proves Mowbray's a better manager than the likes of Hughton etc etc........

Whilst we're all grateful for the seven points It's a marathon not a sprint and logic would suggest that we're still in for a long old season given the squad we currently have thanks to Mowbray's misuse of Club resources over the last 3 years.

If anyone has said that Mowbray is a better manager than Hughton, they are very much mistaken. Almost every manager at this level has spells where it doesn't work out, Hughton is having one now, but his record speaks for itself.

On Mowbray, I could be wrong, but I don't see too many damascene conversions from our fans after three good results. I suspect that there's a large group who were once very much behind Mowbray but were very disappointed in the last 12-18 months and would have been happy to see him go at some point last year. Seeing as that hasn't happened, he's not going into this season with any credit in the bank with these fans, but at the same time they are not immediately clamouring for his sacking & are willing to judge this season on its own merits. Too forgiving? Maybe, but I don't think there are many who are expecting a particularly good season, even after a good start. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

If anyone has said that Mowbray is a better manager than Hughton, they are very much mistaken. Almost every manager at this level has spells where it doesn't work out, Hughton is having one now, but his record speaks for itself.

On Mowbray, I could be wrong, but I don't see too many damascene conversions from our fans after three good results. I suspect that there's a large group who were once very much behind Mowbray but were very disappointed in the last 12-18 months and would have been happy to see him go at some point last year. Seeing as that hasn't happened, he's not going into this season with any credit in the bank with these fans, but at the same time they are not immediately clamouring for his sacking & are willing to judge this season on its own merits. Too forgiving? Maybe, but I don't think there are many who are expecting a particularly good season, even after a good start. 

I expect a good season, every season.

Edited by rigger

37 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I doubt if many fans (of any club) would know a damascene conversation if it bit them on the arse

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Yes, Owen Dale has a record of 12 goals in 92 league 1 appearances, according to Wikipedia. A record of 1 goal every 7.66 games, which I rounded up to 8. 

Apologies I misunderstood.

But still with a young player like that surely fairer to look at his progression and improvements.

He was playing in league 2 the season before,and 11 goals from a wide position in league one for Crewe shows improvement.

I have never seen the guy play and agree with what others have said ,I'd be ok with it once he isn't Armstrong's replacement,we need someone else in .

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Am I missing something here Joe, he’s described as an attacker with a 1 goal in 8 appearances at league one level..?

I was just passing on the message about him following Rovers accounts, not passing comment on his abilities.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

I was just passing on the message about him following Rovers accounts, not passing comment on his abilities.

Yeah my post has caused a bit of confusion. I was asking for your comment on his ability if you’ve seen him play?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Yeah my post has caused a bit of confusion. I was asking for your comment on his ability if you’ve seen him play?

I've seen bits since last night when all that happened on Twitter because I wanted to see what we're looking at. I don't think it's the solution. Buys like that for players with upside potential should surely be the cherry on top of a strong window?

Would much prefer us to spend the money we were "effectively" spending on Obafemi on Siriki Dembele. Scores goals, prime age, able with both feet and available between £3m and £5m depending on the offer structure.