BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

16 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I thought we were awful today.  The back five just didn't work with Carter and Magloire looking lost at times.  Magloire seemed to be asked to step into midfield for some reason and then got caught out.  The wing back system didn't work at all with both full-backs having their hands full against a lively Bolton attack. 

Early days but Pickering strikes me as one who enjoys going forward but isn't so hot when it comes to defending and got a bit of a chasing at times today.  Hopefully, it's just teething problems as he gets to know the players around him.

I know Travis has been ill and lost weight but he looked anything but fit and Davenport really struggled.  Again, the system didn't work as we were overwhelmed and outgunned in midfield.

A week away from the start of the League season and we looked a disorganised mess for much of this game.  I can't remember ever going into a new season with such a feeling of dread with regard to the outcome.  

I was impressed with Bolton and former Rover Alex Baptiste seems just the sort of defender we need - experienced, calm under pressure and one who won every ball he went for.  Pity our manager doesn't do proper defenders.

Always like Baptiste when he was here we should have built the center of defence around him. Instead GB had him at right back where apart from lack of pace he was probably better than Henley etc.

Shame they didn't keep him but i suppose hes more suited to a level or two below now.

I sense a bit of panic around Ayala now as Mobray will be desperate to justify his signing.

So now he's coming out with the we have to manage him line and talking about him not training as much. Hes absolutely dropped another bollock here and he knows it so i expect nonsense around this guy this season.

He'll be chucked in and out when he feels he's fit enough and of course it's another excuse to rotate. 

Sooner Wharton gets fit again the better.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I sense a bit of panic around Ayala now as Mobray will be desperate to justify his signing.

So now he's coming out with the we have to manage him line and talking about him not training as much. Hes absolutely dropped another bollock here and he knows it so i expect nonsense around this guy this season.

He'll be chucked in and out when he feels he's fit enough and of course it's another excuse to rotate. 

Could not agree more

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He won 2 games in 17 and kept his job.

Why would Mowbray feel any pressure to play Ayala? He's literally bulletproof.

• Like 1

After being away for the last 8 days on Holidays and only reading tweets/posts on here from people who attended the last 2 games Its seems like we have no momentum going into the new season and the first game will be tough but winnable in my opinion considering the problems there at Swansea. 

The back 3 worked against Leeds but not today from what I have read so far. I still think its a system we should play at certain times and in some games but for me its should be 3-5-2 not 3-4-3. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He won 2 games in 17 and kept his job.

Why would Mowbray feel any pressure to play Ayala? He's literally bulletproof.

I think he's more bothered about external questions on this one than internal stuff.

There was a few rumours last season though that some at the club weren't best pleased with this signing. I reckon hes had those moved out though....

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

After being away for the last 8 days on Holidays and only reading tweets/posts on here from people who attended the last 2 games Its seems like we have no momentum going into the new season and the first game will be tough but winnable in my opinion considering the problems there at Swansea. 

The back 3 worked against Leeds but not today from what I have read so far. I still think its a system we should play at certain times and in some games but for me its should be 3-5-2 not 3-4-3. 

under the bingo machine tactician  mowbray,we`ve never had a set way of playing,hence the players don`t know whats going on and hav`nt a clue of the team shape,he does`nt work on tactics either by his own admission so that`s one reason to sack the moron

• Like 2

On 29/07/2021 at 08:24, Miller11 said:

I wasn’t so sure when you mentioned this on the stream the other night, but on that performance I’m definitely reassessing my opinion. Full backs getting forward at every opportunity is clearly something Mowbray wants, and for one they had adequate support.

I’d still prefer a 4-4-2 though.

Why do you prefer 4-4-2 and how would play it and who would be your starting 11?

Our performance livened up when Rothwell, Buckley and Gallagher came on and we switched formation. I was just glad to see we still have some creativity because we were woeful up to that point. Happy to see Brereton firing and full of confidence. I think he's going to step up for us this season. We certainly need him to in order for us to keep us away from the drop zone.

As for the defence, I've felt for a while that Magloire and Carter aren't good enough for the first team. I've not seen much recently to convince me otherwise. We can't seriously be relying on those two for a 46 game slugfest of a campaign. Magloire was twisted inside out today and he was beaten far too easily for their second goal. His passing leaves a lot to be desired too, which makes me wonder why the heck he was expected to step into the midfield today.

We need to bring a couple of defenders in imo, but we'll be lucky if we manage to get one. It might be ambitious but I'd try and get Tuanzebe in on loan right away. Very good defender at this level and won't get a look in at United this season. If I was to guess though, I'd say we are probably going to go for Rhys Williams or Clarke-Salter instead.

6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

From the supposed Manager of Blackburn Rovers....

“Bolton Wanderers is a big club, historically a big club and to coin a phrase, they’re on their way back."

He know he may need a new job soon. His rovers days are numbered. 

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

If Armstrong leaves we will start like this against Swansea:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Pickering

Travis or Johnson

Rothwell, Buckley, Dolan

Gallagher, Brereton

4-1-3-2

Johnson not fit and who knows on Ayala fitness wise. 

I would play 4-3-3 formation but how will Swansea new manager set them up for Saturday game. Looking at their squad it very similar to ours lack depth wise and lack a goalscorer

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

He know he may need a new job soon. His rovers days are numbered. 

You keep saying this and I keep replying, there’s nothing to suggest Mowbrays days here are numbered. I wish there was, but there’s not. 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I honestly can’t bear the thought of listening to this guy for another season. So depressing. 

Mowbray talked about trying 2 different formations in each half and getting recovering players on the pitch, makes complete sense to me.

Lets hope he starts as he means to go on 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I honestly can’t bear the thought of listening to this guy for another season. So depressing. 

I was thinking the same thing and stopped after 20 seconds. I never watched a Coyle pre or post match video in his time here and I don’t think I’ll watch another one of that idiot manager of ours unless it’s when he gets sacked or leaves(not holding my breath). 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

From the supposed Manager of Blackburn Rovers....

“Bolton Wanderers is a big club, historically a big club and to coin a phrase, they’re on their way back."

We could play the local pub team and he’d big them up. 

• Like 2