BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you need 2 formations at this level so if our 1st formation is 4-3-3 and 2nd formation has 5-3-2 then I think it is sensible from Rovers. Swansea under Steve Cooper last season had 2 formations and Bielsa at Leeds has always had 2 formations. 

I also don't get that you are over complicating by having 2 different formations. Footballers at this level should be able to play different formations. 

Cos Buckley has huge talent and its time we develop him as a player and build the midfield around Buckley and Travis

Because Mowbray throws players on in positions them and their team mates look unsure of and confused by. Like throwing on 5 strikers in the 3-2 positions of 5-3-2. 

It happended time and time again last season 

He just wants as many as possible being involved and getting mins in the name of development and squad harmony.

Obvious what he's been up to for a few seasons now, must make his day to day job that bit easier. Less options he has the less messing and being kind to everyone he can do.

Or so you would like to think.

33 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I thought Garrett looked pretty assured yesterday. If he is the young blond lad who came on in center midfield. Didnt seem hurried,aware of what was around him, broke up play and did the simple things well. 

He looked very good according to people opinions and tweets who watched the last 2 games. 

He is a player I mentioned at the start of pre season breaking through into the first team squad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you need 2 formations at this level so if our 1st formation is 4-3-3 and 2nd formation has 5-3-2 then I think it is sensible from Rovers. Swansea under Steve Cooper last season had 2 formations and Bielsa at Leeds has always had 2 formations. 

I also don't get that you are over complicating by having 2 different formations. Footballers at this level should be able to play different formations. 

Cos Buckley has huge talent and its time we develop him as a player and build the midfield around Buckley and Travis

Lets perfect one formation first. Many examples of teams who have gone up after perfecting one formation. Consistency and knowing exactly what your role is has been underestimated.

As I said, 3 at the back tends to need central defenders who are good on the ball, none of ours are, that isnt their game.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets perfect one formation first. Many examples of teams who have gone up after perfecting one formation. Consistency and knowing exactly what your role is has been underestimated.

As I said, 3 at the back tends to need central defenders who are good on the ball, none of ours are, that isnt their game.

Well after 18 months of us playing 4-3-3 that formation should be perfect by now. Playing coming from the under 23 and under 18 will know how to play the formation. 

I would use 5-3-2 formation in games where we need to solid and defence so in some away games against teams who will be challenging for top 2 like Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Fulham, 

3 hours ago, Boroblue said:

I thought Garrett looked pretty assured yesterday. If he is the young blond lad who came on in center midfield. Didnt seem hurried,aware of what was around him, broke up play and did the simple things well. 

And this is our current problem. Tony Mowbray will soon knock the ability and zeal of this young lad out of him. We really do need a change of manager and his staff.

I am firmly convinced that, if we had a good manager, this squad of youngsters could be moulded into a terrific team; a team to be proud of and a team that would bring the fans flocking back to Ewood, despite Venky ownership; a team that would  become a promotion-challenging force within one or two seasons.

• Like 2

On 31/07/2021 at 14:22, riverholmes said:

PS. Does Brereton have a Chilean PR agency producing these videos? I find it hard to believe that an average to below average Championship player has such keen fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8AyS2_2qEY

I know not everyone makes it to the Ben Brereton thread but you are aware of "Breretonmanía" arent you?  It hit Chile and parts of the UK in June.

The man has 900k followers just on instagram alone [i am not one] .  He has enough fans in Chile [who are not necessarily fans of the Championship or Rovers--and have probably only seen him for Chile in Copa América] who produce dozens of fan videos weekly and BB [BBD?] doesnt need anyone doing PR for him there.  He has inspired people to even write songs about him.  It's loco.

By the by, have you seen his Pepsi commercial?

Edited by LordBaltimore

9 hours ago, bazza said:

And this is our current problem. Tony Mowbray will soon knock the ability and zeal of this young lad out of him. We really do need a change of manager and his staff.

I am firmly convinced that, if we had a good manager, this squad of youngsters could be moulded into a terrific team; a team to be proud of and a team that would bring the fans flocking back to Ewood, despite Venky ownership; a team that would  become a promotion-challenging force within one or two seasons.

And come 12 months most of them would be leaving for nothing when their contracts expire. 

That's the level of positivity I'm at with the current regime. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree that you need 2 formations to try( also known as plan B ). In most successful cases, Plans A+B keeps the defence the same, but changes how the ball gets delivered into the box. Plan A, 4-3-3, The ball is delivered in to the box down channels through midfield to forwards. Plan B, 4-4-2, the ball is delivered into the box by  wide men crossing early to target forwards.

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I agree that you need 2 formations to try( also known as plan B ). In most successful cases, Plans A+B keeps the defence the same, but changes how the ball gets delivered into the box. Plan A, 4-3-3, The ball is delivered in to the box down channels through midfield to forwards. Plan B, 4-4-2, the ball is delivered into the box by  wide men crossing early to target forwards.

Plus plan C for last 20 when we are losing a.la Samba as CF 😉😀

5 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Random but without wasting time ringing up the ticket office. Will I be able to use my old season ticket from 19/20. I've renewed last Wednesday will it just reactivate? 

That is the impression that I am under, I am in the same situation as yourself, presumably in the same seat? Would also not mind clarification though myself.

19 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Reminds me of Travis when he made his debut. He’s got a lot of potential and can pass when under pressure which is a major plus. I can see him, Travis and Buckley being the future midfield three. Whitehall is also highly rated and could feature at some time if we are not going to making any signings. 

29 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Random but without wasting time ringing up the ticket office. Will I be able to use my old season ticket from 19/20. I've renewed last Wednesday will it just reactivate? 

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That is the impression that I am under, I am in the same situation as yourself, presumably in the same seat? Would also not mind clarification though myself.

Quite sure that's the case, when I rang to renew last week I mentioned I had my 19/20 card and she said that'd be reactivated, or words to that effect. And yep that was for the same seat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rigger said:

I look at Brentford and Swansea who both used 4-3-3 and 3-4-3/3-5-2 formations at different times last season. 

Tho I understand what you have posted and I agree to a point. 

I think at times away from home we need to solid and defensive tight at the back which I think a back 5 would work especially when Wharton is back in the team. 

On 01/08/2021 at 09:12, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As others have said, putting his injuries to the side, Ayala and Lenihan don’t even make a good pairing - too similar, both like playing the same side and both don’t have an ounce of pace between them. 

As for the ‘injuries’, Jesus Christ he’s putting Grella in the shade. At least Boro fans used to get to watch him from August - Jan every season. Three years was reckless - sounds like it was almost suicidal for Mowbray, but Mr Bulletproof marches on. 

I think the lengthy Contracts for all the ex-Boro players stinks.....but Pears takes the 'peach' so to speak fruitily. We did not even need him. And he hunts down Harry Chapman who then will not get his attitude right for the Manager.

At least with Graeme Souness the ex-Rangers players he brought us were outstanding or we got our money back. TM's Boro players....just money down the drain.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I look at Brentford and Swansea who both used 4-3-3 and 3-4-3/3-5-2 formations at different times last season. 

Tho I understand what you have posted and I agree to a point. 

I think at times away from home we need to solid and defensive tight at the back which I think a back 5 would work especially when Wharton is back in the team. 

Not if the five don't know what to do.

2 hours ago, Mhead2 said:

I think the lengthy Contracts for all the ex-Boro players stinks.....but Pears takes the 'peach' so to speak fruitily. We did not even need him. And he hunts down Harry Chapman who then will not get his attitude right for the Manager.

At least with Graeme Souness the ex-Rangers players he brought us were outstanding or we got our money back. TM's Boro players....just money down the drain.

Mowbray is a generous man with other people's money but the waste on his Boro Old Boys Care Home is staggering.

It stinks and can only be done with the complicity of Waggott and the gross stupidity of the owners.

It is so an 'in your face' piss take of the club, fans and owners.

Mowbray is beyond shame. A gross caricature.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

All summer to get jabbed and our senior pros decide to get it done en masse a few days before the first game. At best missing a couple of days training whilst they are building fitness is another club feck up.

What's this? 

My parents got the vaccine and were out digging flower beds that evening, they are in their 60s. I don't see why anyone would be missing training 

• Like 3