BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

22 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The six loses in a row gets all the headlines but we finished the season’s last 16 games W3 D5 L8, while our last 16 to date has been W4 D5 L7, so, results-wise, entirely comparable.

As Martonrover said our squad back then had tremendous talent and so recovered well. Our current squad has talent too but is too thin on the ground, so to expect the same outcome could be seen as being too optimistic. 
However, we have been in the top six on merit despite everything and apart from the top two teams who will be automatically promoted the rest are totally inconsistent so anything is possible. 
When we have our strongest team out we are capable of beating anybody (except Fulham) so we just have to get our confidence back and hopefully our luck will change at the perfect time. 
If we can finish on a high, even if we don’t get promoted, we will have something to look back on and be happy about, especially as we all thought that we would be in a relegation battle this season. COYB

44 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

As Martonrover said our squad back then had tremendous talent and so recovered well. Our current squad has talent too but is too thin on the ground, so to expect the same outcome could be seen as being too optimistic. 
However, we have been in the top six on merit despite everything and apart from the top two teams who will be automatically promoted the rest are totally inconsistent so anything is possible. 
When we have our strongest team out we are capable of beating anybody (except Fulham) so we just have to get our confidence back and hopefully our luck will change at the perfect time. 
If we can finish on a high, even if we don’t get promoted, we will have something to look back on and be happy about, especially as we all thought that we would be in a relegation battle this season. COYB

I think there’s been a lot of rose-tinted looking back on that season given we all know what came after. We won 11 out of 15 then went on a run of one win in the next 12, then went into the last game not sure of a place in the top 6. Luckily for us, Charlton, who finished three points behind, won only one of their last five. At the time, I thought we’d blown it, it had all been an elaborate hoax on our hopes and dreams, and that Kenny would eff off back to the golf course. And I didn’t feel any better after 20 mins against Derby County in the first leg either.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

13 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just how are feckin Luton Town in fourth spot...where the hell have they come from?

What a tin pot league this is and it appears we have blown our best chance in a decade,it's unfathomable,it's unforgivable.

Peterborough v Luton tonight so that may give an indicator.

We lost to a virtually relegated club, what I wonder will Luton do.

Obviously I hope Peterborough win but I'm not banking on it.

A tin pot league is strong when compared to a cardboard cut-out club.

I just recalled that we were instrumental in Luton staying up on the final day of the 2019-20 season, even chipped in with 2 og's. That may come back to bite us on the arse.

The much maligned Nathan Jones showed how to save a club in a short space of time that season ....... 1 defeat in 9 after rejoining them.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

• Backroom

Not sure there’s a particularly good result in the Sheff United - QPR match tonight

A draw or Sheff United win and they go above us. QPR win and they go level on points with us but behind on goal difference with Sheff United just a point behind!

Thats the downside of teams around us having games in hand against each other, the up side is both can’t win 

Edit - Sheff United one up 

Edited by Tom

22 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

I think it’s Huddersfield and Luton that we need to look at overtaking. Both play each other on Monday as well so points will be dropped.

Reckon it will end up being:

Forest

Middlesbrough

Sheff Utd

Then hopefully us scraping into 6th! 

Fully agree with that. 
Wouldn’t fancy 2 legs against Forest though!

Sounds like Peterborough are battering Luton so hopefully they can nick a goal. 

Regardless, we need 4 wins from our 6 as 74 points looks a minimum need…..and I can’t see that happening regardless of who we have to play. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

If you haven't done already I'd recommend stopping paying any attention to what other sides are doing.

The way in which we've flushed points down the drain in the last 3 months there's only one way this is going to end.

• Like 2

Archer scored how many now for PNE since joining on loan in January?

Imagine signing someone who goes straight into the team and makes an immediate difference rather than an assortment of people who either don't contribute or are played out of position.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Down to 7th as it's stands. 

Can't imagine we'll be back in the top 6 again before the season ends.

If we win our last six games, I think we will be in the play-offs. As long as we are in the top 6 as the season ends.

Edited by rigger

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you haven't done already I'd recommend stopping paying any attention to what other sides are doing.

The way in which we've flushed points down the drain in the last 3 months there's only one way this is going to end.

Agreed,until the team shows they can win 3 or 4 games in a row coming up there's no point bothering what everybody else is doing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Archer scored how many now for PNE since joining on loan in January?

Imagine signing someone who goes straight into the team and makes an immediate difference rather than an assortment of people who either don't contribute or are played out of position.

he`d be wasted here because he would`nt be played in his natural position,tony would shove him out wide,guaranteed

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Down to 7th as it's stands. 

Can't imagine we'll be back in the top 6 again before the season ends.

Those that are slow on the uptake may finally realise the extent of the tactical nosedive tonight.

Peterborough should have won that, unlucky at the end. 
It’s still points dropped for Luton. 
8th looks nailed on for us now. Teams below us not good enough to catch us.

Tomorrow 
Boro home to Fulham 
Forest home to Coventry