BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS Relaunch

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can barely get to anything for all the spam ads.

Definitely not a change for the better.

You would be open to paying for a small monthly fee for an ad-free version, then?

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’ll be circa £3 / month and released as soon as we can get it ready. That £3 is roughly what each member generates in ad income each month for the site. 

I know people are talking about AdBlockers - to be absolutely clear, if everyone on the website runs an adblocker the site will go under. It costs money to maintain and if you don’t see the ads, we don’t gain the revenue to pay the bills. The ads are the main source of income.

So I would hope everyone would either put up with the ads to help us keep the site alive… or sign up for the ad free version when released. 

That seems very reasonable 👍

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’ll be circa £3 / month and released as soon as we can get it ready. That £3 is roughly what each member generates in ad income each month for the site. 

I know people are talking about AdBlockers - to be absolutely clear, if everyone on the website runs an adblocker the site will go under. It costs money to maintain and if you don’t see the ads, we don’t gain the revenue to pay the bills. The ads are the main source of income.

So I would hope everyone would either put up with the ads to help us keep the site alive… or sign up for the ad free version when released. 

Don't know what the posters above were viewing on (re spammy ads) but via windows on chrome it as been horrendous last couple of days ,as well as pop up ads when switching threads,  6/7 ads per forum thread inbetween posts besides the terrace store one , ads in the sidebar etc, seems to be only a problem on chrome* , on MS edge gaps where the adverts appear on chrome. Looks fine on firefox though.

*tried on two different windows based system one with a fresh install of chrome, same result.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Keeping the ads and paying £3 monthly wouldn't be a problem for me if it went to the betterment of the site. And paying money would deter some of the knobs who join with the sole aim of being antagonistic.

• Like 1