BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21

In my opinion you pick a team to win regardless of the competition or the current strength of the squad. I would keep the spine of Saturday’s team in place (minus Ayala) and draft in Butterworth, Carter, Davenport and possibly McBride. We started last season well and part of that was down to beating Donny early doors in the league cup. Morecambe will no doubt rest a few as is the way in this competition nowadays but we should be able to field an eleven that can see them off. 

• Like 5

I wouldn't be too sure about Morecambe resting many players. They have a new manager, had 6 new starters on Saturday and an excellent start to their first ever season in League 1 - they were a minute or two away from a real shock at Ipswich (in front of 21,000!). I wouldn't be surprised to see them be more or less full strength and I certainly wouldn't be taking them for granted. We have plenty of evidence of the effect of playing newly promoted sides at the beginning of a season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Well no, I have just pointed out 2 positives from a cup, well I can think of 3.

Most of our seasons just fade into mediocrity and have very little excitement. Why as a fan would you want to dismiss a potential bit of excitement, a game or 2 against big teams or getting quite far?

Financially, people keep banging on about FFP, getting further especially if we end up on TV, have a couple of extra home games and/or play a bigger side might get some unexpected income in.

There is also momentum, win tomorrow and we go into the weekend on the back of a couple of wins.

By all means rest a few, no point playing Ayala for example, put in a couple of youngsters amidst mainly the first team. 

Mowbray has said that there wont be wholesale changes which I am pleased about as I havent paid a tenner to watch us forfeit with our under 23s. Are you attending, and if so why if a cup run is not what you want, surely a win would be an unwelcome distraction?

Match fitness also comes into it. Its another game to get some of our players up to match fitness. Buckley, for example, was obviously gone after an hour on Saturday. 

I can understand not risking players, but what is the point in just fielding the u23s and hoping for the best? It has to be a team picked on a variety of factors. Our injury prone players should be nowhere near the team and we should feature some of those knocking on the door. Other than that, pick players that will win you the match. Why pay the bus fare otherwise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Are you attending, and if so why if a cup run is not what you want, surely a win would be an unwelcome distraction?

Yes I'm attending. And I didn't say I don't want a cup run, I said we should play the young guns and see how they do. We aren't going far enough in this competition with our 1st team to warrant the injury risk to our league campaign. I'd sooner see Garrett than Travis, Butterworth than Gallagher etc.. because it makes the most sense

18 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Yes I'm attending. And I didn't say I don't want a cup run, I said we should play the young guns and see how they do. We aren't going far enough in this competition with our 1st team to warrant the injury risk to our league campaign. I'd sooner see Garrett than Travis, Butterworth than Gallagher etc.. because it makes the most sense

I think most are not suggesting we field our strongest eleven. But there has to be a balance. We shouldn't just forfeit a cup run so that we can finish 17th. We have to field a team that TM (oh god) feels is capable of winning the match. Bring the match fitness up for players that we need up to speed, give some game time to those that need a bit more experince, but at the same time, have a sprinkling of experiences pros.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I think most are not suggesting we field our strongest eleven. But there has to be a balance. We shouldn't just forfeit a cup run so that we can finish 17th. We have to field a team that TM (oh god) feels is capable of winning the match. Bring the match fitness up for players that we need up to speed, give some game time to those that need a bit more experince, but at the same time, have a sprinkling of experiences pros.

Agree with this....win this by 60 minutes, get the better players off and into the next round.... we need a big team at home in the next round for a gate, be nice to get a bit further too

Edited by Sparks Rover

17 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Agree with this....win this by 60 minutes, get the better players off and into the next round.... we need a big team at home in the next round for a gate, be nice to get a bit further too

The problem this season is we are back down to three subs. So do we start with essentially the same team as Saturday or make some changes and then bring another three one later in the game.

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

So is there a way to watch this online??

There will be, but I think posting the information on here, causes issues for the likes of Josh and his colleagues. Twitter or Google, is the place to look.

We have had a few players who missed some of the friendlies and training due to injury. I noticed on Saturday that some of these were blowing after about 75 minutes. I would play these players to improve their stamina for the tough season ahead as I fully expect this game to be quite physically demanding.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Southampton ?

• Like 1

• Backroom

Mowbray has said he'll only make essential changes. I'd expect that to be Ayala to wrap him in cotton wool and maybe a couple of others.. maybe he'll start Eastham? Apart from that I think it'll be pretty much as you were from his comments on the official site.

37 minutes ago, Madon said:

Mowbray has said he'll only make essential changes. I'd expect that to be Ayala to wrap him in cotton wool and maybe a couple of others.. maybe he'll start Eastham? Apart from that I think it'll be pretty much as you were from his comments on the official site.

Yeah, Id keep Ayala well away from the team tonight. Losing Kaminski would be huge so would like to see some of the Greek. Nyambe picks up niggles a lot, so would try Pike out. Torn on Pickering/Cirinio as see benefit to both getting game time. 

Midfield, we dont really have numbers there with JRC and Johnson out. I would definitely like to see Garrett given a start after his performances in friendlies. Put him in for Travis who also picks up niggles. Then we don't have much option but to play Rothwell and Buckley. 

Up front, give a start to Butterworth down the middle. I would keep BBD in to appease his new latino fans and to keep his momentum and confidence going. Dolan stays in for me as he is still a kid too 

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Morecambe have the game as being live on their iFollow, but unclear if it's audio and/or video.

Maybe we will announce something 5 minutes after KO and viewable if you buy a season pass.

https://www.morecambefc.com/matches/fixtures/first-team/202122/august/blackburn-rovers-vs-morecambe-on-10-aug-21/

M Capture.JPG

I read that as just audio, not video.

6 hours ago, lraC said:

There will be, but I think posting the information on here, causes issues for the likes of Josh and his colleagues. Twitter or Google, is the place to look.

Thanks man, would rather just pay the asking price it watch it comfortably if there was such an option. Dark web it is then

The club don't make buying a senior ticket for this game on line in the Blackburn end easy when you get to selecting the ticket option the senior one is not there and of course there is no chance of getting through on the phone. Just as well there is plenty of availability.

41 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

The club don't make buying a senior ticket for this game on line in the Blackburn end easy when you get to selecting the ticket option the senior one is not there and of course there is no chance of getting through on the phone. Just as well there is plenty of availability.

I think I would just get a 16-23 ticket online (also £5) and just explain why if anyone queries it at the turnstile.

• Like 1