BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21

League Cup…

I hope TM doesn’t make too many changes.  Let the team gel - too many changes last season messed up the rhythm / instincts.

A good performance and win on the back of the Swansea result will do the power of good for morale and belief - players and fans.

Club should have done this as £5 tickets as a ‘thank you’ - packed Ewood, get the fans back.

• Like 2

Agree but have Carter in for Ayala. Morecambe won't be doing tippy tippy around the back. Give Gally a go in the middle with Dolan on the right wing.

It's time we started winning cup ties.

Edited by bazza
  • Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic

Always a trade off between trying to stay consistent and not risking senior players.

At the moment though, we basically have a starting 11 and then the rest are under 23's (mainly) not sure how we can risk that many first teamers for this, even though it would be great to progress in the Cup.

The entire back 4 needs leaving out for this one, for certain.

• Like 1

I'd be to protect those players who we couldn't do without. I'd risk it personally

Kaminski

Pike      carter   magloire     Cirino

Garrett    davenport

Chapman                            butterworth

McBride      Gallagher 

Good result for Morecambe today drawing 2-2 at Ipswich,i usually like the Shrimps to do well but we could do with playing the first 11 and hand them a spanking on Tuesday 4 or 5 nil,give the players extra confidence going into some tricky fixtures plus a good cup run is overdue during Mowbray's time here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'd be to protect those players who we couldn't do without. I'd risk it personally

Kaminski

Pike      carter   magloire     Cirino

Garrett    davenport

Chapman                            butterworth

McBride      Gallagher 

I'm actually quite excited about this game. I know that sounds ridiculous but Im hoping to see some of our promising youngsters given a go up against seasoned league 1/2 players. 

I think a team like this is perfect. Run outs for those still getting full fitness in Chapman, davenport and SG. Then an opportunity for the young players who are in and around the first team to show what they can do.

I think anyone who wants to play the Xi from sat bar a change or 2 needs to get their head a wobble (no disrespect lol). Our squad is so threadbare, we need that Swansea Xi fit for millwall away.

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 3

• JPTSwindon changed the title to v Morecambe (H) 10/08

It’s not the iFollow rules as such but EFL rules which the club is tied to, whether they take the iFollow stream as last season or do their own as this. The Carabao Cup is an EFL competition. The FA Cup may well-being different when we get to it.

Yes agreed its just crazy to get vital players injured unnecessarily. We dont want to get into a relegation fight early in the season cos half the team is injured. So play the players we can risk which is very few ,given the threadbare nature of the squad. Pears fills me with dread, but this is as good a game as any to give him experience. Id go Pears - Pike, Carter, Nyambe, Cirino - Garrett, Davenport, Travis  - Chapman, Gallagher, Butterworth. A bit harsh on Travis I know,but Im trying to win the match believe it or not!

• Like 1

I appreciate the need to rotate especially with a small squad but I always find quite how dismissive people are of the cups (especially the League cup) particularly strange.

I totally get that the league is the bread and butter but a cup run can be a highlight of an otherwise drab season, more often than not we nestle in mediocrity so the buzz of a cup run, playing big teams and even generating some income could be a bit of otherwise absent excitement and a bonus to help our bleak financial situation.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I appreciate the need to rotate especially with a small squad but I always find quite how dismissive people are of the cups (especially the League cup) particularly strange.

I totally get that the league is the bread and butter but a cup run can be a highlight of an otherwise drab season, more often than not we nestle in mediocrity so the buzz of a cup run, playing big teams and even generating some income could be a bit of otherwise absent excitement and a bonus to help our bleak financial situation.

I agree, cup runs are great but with the situation we've left ourselves in with the squad being so reliant on our younger players/u23's we need to be pretty careful right now.  Ayala will not play every game this season and will likely be missing for a good period of time, so at some point we'll already be relying on Carter/Magloire.

Our back up full backs are completely untested at this level and any injury to Nyambe/Pickering (whos also untested at this level) see us fielding U23's in their place.

Championship is a long season and we need to make sure we give ourselves the best chance of being in it again next season, even if, unfortunately that comes at the expense of a cup run.

Edited by davulsukur

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21
5 hours ago, only2garners said:

It’s not the iFollow rules as such but EFL rules which the club is tied to, whether they take the iFollow stream as last season or do their own as this. The Carabao Cup is an EFL competition. The FA Cup may well-being different when we get to it.

I am sure (I know, I watched it whilst away) the Doncaster match last season in the EFL was shown, but perhaps via the EFL / Carabao site?

23 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

League Cup…

I hope TM doesn’t make too many changes.  Let the team gel - too many changes last season messed up the rhythm / instincts.

A good performance and win on the back of the Swansea result will do the power of good for morale and belief - players and fans.

Club should have done this as £5 tickets as a ‘thank you’ - packed Ewood, get the fans back.

Just seen the £10 tickets, down to £2 for concessions - fair play Rovers! 

• Like 1

We have to play most of our first team starters. If we play our under 23s we will get hammered. Morecambe are a pretty good side. They are no push-over.

I want Rovers to have a good cup run, just for a change. I'm sick to the teeth of being shunted out of the competition year after year because we field a weak side.

Rest Ayala and Gallagher only.