BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness on Rovers

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Everyone used to hang around in the concourse after the game to hear Souey speak, especially if the ref had done us over! No other Rovers manager has or will talk to the press that bluntly with that much passion.

Then everyone would be filing out the ground pumped up after watching it - ‘SOUNESS! SOUNESS!’

It was shown by ‘Rovers TV’ remember that? There was also something called ‘Radio Rovers’ and a ‘match programme’ too

• Like 3

On 24/05/2023 at 20:33, arbitro said:

Radio Rovers was ground breaking as the first of its kind I believe. It was the ideal pre match build up with interviews across the whole range of match day people included Steve Patrick, the then groundsman. I remember a section entitled Rhythms of the Blues when players and staff would do an interview and it was interspersed with some of their favourite songs. We had Wendy reading the teams out an hour before kick off. And Rovers TV was excellent and featured a wide range of topics which actually appealed to the majority of fans. Now it's too much trouble to actually have a camera on the pitch at half time when we have special guests being interviewed. Rovers TV even used to cover the half time draw so it could be seen on the big screen.N

Another example of the dumbing down we have endured under the errant ones.

Nothing irks me more than the dumbing down.

It wasn't even that long ago FFS!

It's the Rovers version of newspeak. Rvrspek.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brilliant feat for a 70 year old man. I never thought he’d manage it.

I must admit I was worried he wouldn't make it. I'm so glad he's done it, what a great fellow he is.

Fingers crossed that this kick starts the beginning of a cure for this affliction.

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 4

On 10/10/2022 at 21:18, den said:

There are certain people/pundits in all sports that just demand respect for their views. People who have been at the very top and done it all. Real sportsmen. Sportsmen who have given everything in their time to the sport.

I could have listened all day to Shane Warne. I could have listened all day to Cloughie. That doesn’t mean to say I agreed with absolutely everything they ever said or did - but for whatever reason they could only be respected for what they’d done.

Souey is in that group for me. I could listen to him all day too.

Yes and you would think Paula Radcliffe would be another. Is it just me but on and on and on she goes with her boring voice and heavy breathing interspersing her words and I just want to scream at the tv “shut the fuck up for a minute”. Crammy on the other hand is superb. He took David Coleman’s advice of say nothing until something needs saying

Souness came out with some crap this morning on talksport that Bellingham has only had a good 6 months.  He's been superb for dortmund for the past 3 years. Some of his views on players is beyond delusional 

Edited by roverandout

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Souness came out with some crap this morning on talksport that Bellingham has only had a good 6 months.  He's been superb for dortmund for the past 3 years. Some of his views on players is beyond delusional 

That’s your view, what experience of true world class football do you have? How many league titles/FA Cups/European Cups have you won? He’s forgotten more than we’ve known about how to be a great footballer. Bellingham is an exceptional talent, but what Souness is saying is one swallow doesn’t make a summer. He has to maintain his form over the long term.

3 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

That’s your view, what experience of true world class football do you have? How many league titles/FA Cups/European Cups have you won? He’s forgotten more than we’ve known about how to be a great footballer.

Yeah right, show us yer medals

Just because he was a fine player and good manager for Rovers doesn't mean he doesn't talk sense at times. 

And fans as paying members of the public and football supporters are just as entitled to their views as ex-players and managers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yeah right, show us yer medals

Just because he was a fine player and good manager for Rovers doesn't mean he doesn't talk sense at times. 

And fans as paying members of the public and football supporters are just as entitled to their views as ex-players and managers

What are your medals Jimbob?