BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

Interested to hear opinions on this ,I've seen a few people advocating the ISSA brothers buying out venkys and taking over but I can't see why .Venkys ,although thick as shit are genuine multi millionaires whereas from what I can see the ISSA bros are asset rich but not cash rich so how could they finance it going forward,also whilst obviously good business people what's to say they wouldn't be like Venkys and totally inept at running a football club?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, The giorgis donis fanclub said:

Interested to hear opinions on this ,I've seen a few people advocating the ISSA brothers buying out venkys and taking over but I can't see why .Venkys ,although thick as shit are genuine multi millionaires whereas from what I can see the ISSA bros are asset rich but not cash rich so how could they finance it going forward,also whilst obviously good business people what's to say they wouldn't be like Venkys and totally inept at running a football club?

I’d be willing to take that chance.

• Like 8

There's no way they'd be paying top dollar required to get it, no way.  You don't go so far in such a short time in business by having your pants pulled down.

The other issue about the ISSA bros is they seem very property orientated and probably want to pile their profits into buying the entire town up.  That opens up a lot of potential issues on the training ground, Ewood front.

Plus going back to the point on going a long way in a short time where did they get their original money from ?   Somewhere in the background they'll have some serious backers and they might make the Vs look like the virgin Mary.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Issa brothers be any better TS? Are they even Rovers fans? And how would they finance buying the club?

They are billionaires so I'm sure they could finance it however they wanted.

Every argument you come up with to poo poo potential alternatives to Venkys already exist with Venkys. How could they fund it yet Venkys have put the club hundreds of millions in debt so what difference would it make.

Maybe new owners could clean Ewood and replace the pitch. That would be a nice start.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Issa brothers be any better TS? Are they even Rovers fans? And how would they finance buying the club?

How could they be any worse? At least they live here! If they owned the club that could be the catalyst for more ethnic fans to turn up. After all, Blackburn is a pretty small town without them!

As for "how would they finance buying the club?", you would be aware they just bought Asda so I"ll assume they would manage that easily enough!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The giorgis donis fanclub said:

,also whilst obviously good business people what's to say they wouldn't be like Venkys and totally inept at running a football club?

We'd be no worse off would we and I just can't see anyone making such wrong decisions as Venkys have.

At least they are not half a world away, plenty of opportunities to tell them what's going wrong!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 47er said:

How could they be any worse? At least they live here! If they owned the club that could be the catalyst for more ethnic fans to turn up. After all, Blackburn is a pretty small town without them!

As for "how would they finance buying the club?", you would be aware they just bought Asda so I"ll assume they would manage that easily enough!

This is my point, they haven't bought asda ,it's all borrowed money and as we all know you need deep pockets to run a football club which they don't appear to have

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The giorgis donis fanclub said:

This is my point, they haven't bought asda ,it's all borrowed money and as we all know you need deep pockets to run a football club which they don't appear to have

"how could they finance buying the club?" was the question I answered. They have financed buying Asda.

It's easier to research them a quick look on companies house shows they are very much in the massive quick recruitment of land business. Borrowed money to buy then probably squaring the borrowings with profits as they go along.

Venkys it's almost impossible to research but the fact they throw 10/20/30 miliion in every season since they've been here shows money has never been an issue with them.

Just about everything else has been an issue though !

There's no danger of them buying us in the Championship cos they don't have the cash to pay what the Venky's would want. 

Only way they take control of Rovers is through an LBO in the same manner they acquired Asda (and the way in which the Dingles were bought). That would rely on us having a strong pipeline of revenue (i.e. Premier League TV cash) to support exorbitant debt payments. Then (much like the Dingles) we'd be very heavily reliant on not getting relegated, lest we face financial Armageddon.

I'd much rather Rovers are heavily indebted to their current owners than owing external finance at c15% p.a.

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, The giorgis donis fanclub said:

Absolutely.

Couldn't agree more.

You can criticise Venky's for their decision making at various points but they have proved their financial commitment to the Club over a period of ten years or more and their ability to inject in large amounts of capital at will.

All the talk in the financial press at the time of the Asda takeover was that the Issa Brothers Group were in a precarious financial situation as a result of overextending themselves with the  takeover and were leveraged up to the hilt.

Better the Devil you know and all that......

Is this alleged "local interest" even supposed to be them anyway?

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 16:28, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers season ticket prices need to be lower to attract more fans back and match day prices need to be £15 per game for adults and kids for pound. 

Rovers had the perfect opportunity to lower prices for this season have a season tickets at £250 per adult, with Kids ST for 20 pounds. 

But the club didn't and now we will not attract non ST back now. 

I do feel that pandemic has change people habits like spending and social activities wise but the prices over recent seasons haven't been good enough for the club and they haven't done enough to attract non ST tickets back from previous seasons or even walk on's 

If you had child’s season tickets at £20 I wonder how many people would buy one for the extra leg room. You might be on to something here chaddy. After lock down I could do with two seats 😂

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely.

Couldn't agree more.

You can criticise Venky's for their decision making at various points but they have proved their financial commitment to the Club over a period of ten years or more and their ability to inject in large amounts of capital at will.

All the talk in the financial press at the time of the Asda takeover was that the Issa Brothers Group were in a precarious financial situation as a result of overextending themselves with the  takeover and were leveraged up to the hilt.

Better the Devil you know and all that......

Is this alleged "local interest" even supposed to be them anyway?

They are selling all their garages for billions, I'd love them to buy the club.  I bet they employ hundreds of Rovers fans

• Like 2