BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Clwb Pei-droed Dinas Caerdydd (h) 25/09/2021 3pm.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Got to be happy for BB, not had the best of times here but he really is coming. We all remember when he first came, right? 

He was very disappointing but now a hat trick and our star man. He's loving his football and we're all behind him.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Curious to know how the team lined up today, especially the front three and the midfield. Was Dolan in the false 9 or have a free role? 

Yes he was.  At times In the second half Buckley seemed to be as well.  It all seemed pretty fluid though with Brereton having a spell there also.

• Like 1

Brilliant game, I’m still buzzing. Just read the last few pages and I love that everyone has a different MoM, it shows what a good team performance that was. My vote goes to Ayala, first time I’ve seen him at his absolute best and he was very impressive indeed. I’m shocked to think that I would potentially have Gallagher as runner up, but really all of our attackers were excellent today.

It looked like we were going to really struggle this season but our young players have really stepped up. I’m absolutely loving being a Rovers fan again. What a team, let’s keep this going lads!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Brilliant game, I’m still buzzing. Just read the last few pages and I love that everyone has a different MoM, it shows what a good team performance that was. My vote goes to Ayala, first time I’ve seen him at his absolute best and he was very impressive indeed. I’m shocked to think that I would potentially have Gallagher as runner up, but really all of our attackers were excellent today.

Don’t forget to go to Match Centre to vote…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

38 percent possession today.

Please never bring out that possession tactic again Tony. Learn your lesson for once.

Was going to make that exact point! If the opposition has 62% possession and loses 5-1, then possession means nothing. Wasted a whole season without getting that!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

One noticeable change from the last 3 years has been that we look a much fitter side. Did we change our fitness coach recently?

We had far too many plodders strolling around in the past - now, everyone is putting a proper shift in and closing the opposition down at every opportunity 👍

Not as many older players possibly having that effect?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, J*B said:

Try refreshing. 

I take it once you submit a vote you can't retract it? I accidentally gave Gally a 6, think when I scrolled up on my phone it moved his bar, didn't notice til I submitted. Almost gave Carter a 9 for the same reason!

3 hours ago, IrelandsRover said:

Mowbray In

Well looks like the big managers who were deemed worthy replacements fir Mowbray have fallen by the wayside. Hughton, Pearson, McCarthy and Paul “you are all out”Cook who is single handedly destroying Ipswich after only 8 games with a hand picked new eleven. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Curious to know how the team lined up today, especially the front three and the midfield. Was Dolan in the false 9 or have a free role? 

Rovers played 4-2-3-1 with Travis and Rothwell in Central midfield with Buckley in the 10 role. 

Dolan centre with Brereton left and Gallagher right but they weren't rigid and move into different areas. Like Dolsn for the second 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Well looks like the big managers who were deemed worthy replacements fir Mowbray have fallen by the wayside. Hughton, Pearson, McCarthy and Paul “you are all out”Cook who is single handedly destroying Ipswich after only 8 games with a hand picked new eleven. 

We have made a great start, but it's early to be declaring Tony the right man to stay in the job, especially given we have years to judge him on in it. I'd still take the first three over him (personally never wanted Cook), as form is temporary and class is permanent.

TM is on his way to convincing me he can do a good job here in spite of his flaws, but it's still a long way to go yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You know it’s going to be your day when you dummy the keeper with a miss kick, and then the defender kicks the ball against your shins for a goal. They all count the same though. Quality penalty for the hat trick.

It’s one of them, that you normally beg for when a player is on a barren run. Just let one hit him on the arse and defect into the net to get him going. With this one though, it was a one two, with two of their defenders, a miss kick to dummy the keeper and then another defender, kicks it against him. A joke goal, but they all count.

Given this was his second of the day and the platform for his hat trick, it must have him buzzing with confidence. With 7 for the season now too, it’s a hell of a start.

With the fee we paid for him, surely it is now time to break the wage structure and tie him down? If he does go on to confound the bookmakers 1000/1 odds and get 20 he will have a very big price tag on his head in May.

5 hours ago, 47er said:

Not as many older players possibly having that effect?

There were questions being asked of the players early doors, due to the lack of experience. Maybe the FFP restraints have helped us and the clear out in the summer, was a master stroke.  I love it when we have players from the academy, make it into the first team and go on to be a success.

It is early days for some of them, but the youth, do look promising. I spoke to a youth team coach a few weeks ago, who promises me he is working with the best crop of youngsters, he has ever coached. Hopefully that means, we have more to come.

I guess that shows the sale of the STC would be selling the goose that lays the golden eggs, as if there is a way out of the mess we have, under the surface, this could be it.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Just to add a hint of realism - the only team in form we have played so far has been WBA - who should have won by far more than 2-1.

Anything can happen in this league - and confidence goes a long way - but still three points away from relegation rather than an end of season top 6 finish at the moment for me.

I thought we were the better side second half V WBA. We have played 1/3 of the teams in the league now, so the table is beginning to take shape. The next 5 will define the season I think and if we are still in the play off positions, we have to think, we are in with a shout.

Think Coyle’s Burnley side, as the unexpected can happen. Either way, let’s enjoy it, as we sure would be all be downbeat had the start been poor. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

Missed the game live so just watched a full replay. Thoroughly enjoyable which I usually don't find if I know the score already.

Dolan, Ayala, Travis, Gallagher and BB were standouts with good performances throughout the Rovers but must be said that Cardiff were the architects of some of those goals.

Thing is does Ric O'chet get an assist for BB's 2nd goal?

Gives the previous possession strategy a bit of a licking too.

Well done to all.

What was the attendance? 

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Missed the game live so just watched a full replay. Thoroughly enjoyable which I usually don't find if I know the score already.

Dolan, Ayala, Travis, Gallagher and BB were standouts with good performances throughout the Rovers but must be said that Cardiff were the architects of some of those goals.

Thing is does Ric O'chet get an assist for BB's 2nd goal?

Gives the previous possession strategy a bit of a licking too.

Well done to all.

What was the attendance? 

It was an exquisite 1-2 with two defenders that goal.

Attendance 11,500 ish.

• Like 1

The Championship is a much of a muchness. You really can spring out of nowhere to challenge.

We’ve had a team of grafters with a good team spirit throughout, but have been let down by muddled tactics and a constantly unsettled defensive unit.

If it was having his hand forced by a squad clear out (plus a couple of top players signed at this level in Kaminski and Ayala) and small budget or a road to Damascus moment on the fundamentals of what gets results at this level, who knows, but TM has finally got us back to basics and we can see the result. 

For me, it won’t last due to the thinness of the squad, but let’s hope he sticks with it and we can ‘give it a right good go’ until the inevitable injures hit.

• Like 3