BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Clwb Pei-droed Dinas Caerdydd (h) 25/09/2021 3pm.

5 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

I’ve only seen the brief highlights on Sky this morning, but wow! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Β 

Exciting that this season it is Rovers players, rather than loanees delivering - much healthier for the club.

Do yourself a favour and watch the full game……or the extended highlights ……for free with no sign-up required at Cardiffcityfc.com.uk

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

I’ve only seen the brief highlights on Sky this morning, but wow! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Β 

Exciting that this season it is Rovers players, rather than loanees delivering - much healthier for the club.

You missed a great game mate but I know you are busy with your work atm

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Can't fault any one of our players & a BBD hat trick was the icing on the cake.

My daughter was going out straight from the game so asked if I could get her mate a ticket (an Everton fan & also plays for their girls team) she'd never been to Ewood before & really enjoyed it, even joined in waving a Chile flag about. I've said she can definitely come again!! 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Brereton should be signed up on a long term contract. Hes gelling and will only get better. I saw this long time ago. The difference is his confidence. Also Gallagher is starting to show his strengths and DOLAN LOOKING MASSIVE.Β 

Β 

Hard to believe we got Dolan for nothing. Someone at PNE seems to have dropped a clanger.Β 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Just watched the goals back and I still can't say which one I enjoyed most.

Β 

I have just watched the entire game using Cardiff City tv. A free service that you don't even need to register for. The picture quality was excellent as was the commentary, although they did start blowing smoke up Mowbrays arse at 4-1. The second goal is the one I enjoyed the most. In the interview at the end of the game, Mick McCarthy was adamant that the first goal was offside, but I could not tell from the picture angle. It may be that he wasΒ making excuses for some really poor defending.

Still buzzing and happy from yesterday game and for me there is nothing better than being live inside Ewood Park watching Blackburn Rovers.Β 

26 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Β 

I enjoyed the second and fourth goals the most. Dolan's ball for Brereton was excellent and finish was spot on. Fourth goal was beautiful play between our front 3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Β 

I enjoyed the second the most, great to see some nice wing play with a good old fashioned cross. As @chaddyroversΒ said the fourth was also great, the front three combining well. Β Nice to see Gallagher using his height well, which he doesn’t always do, Β with a lovely knock down.Β 

• Like 3

This is great, link

3 hours ago, tonyoz said:

Do yourself a favour and watch the full game……or the extended highlights ……for free with no sign-up required at Cardiffcityfc.com.uk

This is great!

Full link here: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_sxvdc34e?feed=f5d2eca5-ff32-4b10-b5a5-cd503863359f&section=7a1af227-58ac-4975-b26a-cc2bf408ded3

Funny seeing folk now changing their mind on mowbray again. For what it’s worth I’m forever in the mowbray out camp. Yes we have had a good start- where have I seen this before- but it seems more to luck than great management that our squad players are now coming to the fore. I still fully expect us to have a bad spell and tumble down the league. That being said it would be a strange time to pot him now, but this is venkys and they don’t seem to ever do anything when you expect them to. Keep managers that should be out the door, pull the trigger at the wrong time, the venkys wayΒ 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rigger said:

I have just watched the entire game using Cardiff City tv. A free service that you don't even need to register for. The picture quality was excellent as was the commentary, although they did start blowing smoke up Mowbrays arse at 4-1. The second goal is the one I enjoyed the most. In the interview at the end of the game, Mick McCarthy was adamant that the first goal was offside, but I could not tell from the picture angle. It may be that he wasΒ making excuses for some really poor defending.

I thought their commentary was absolutely terrible, much prefer the Rovers guys.

Amazing performance. Football is so strange - we really looked destined for a terrible season, but we're really performing.

Dolan and Buckley look like they will have big careers to me.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Funny seeing folk now changing their mind on mowbray again. For what it’s worth I’m forever in the mowbray out camp. Yes we have had a good start- where have I seen this before- but it seems more to luck than great management that our squad players are now coming to the fore. I still fully expect us to have a bad spell and tumble down the league. That being said it would be a strange time to pot him now, but this is venkys and they don’t seem to ever do anything when you expect them to. Keep managers that should be out the door, pull the trigger at the wrong time, the venkys wayΒ 

I think it's churlish to say that you're forever in the Mowbray out camp, unless you're exaggerating. I'm a long way from being convinced by him, there's a lot of history to undo, but are you really saying that if we, for example and I know it won't happen, won the league, you would still be saying Mowbray out?

Unless he has shagged their missus, there has to be a point at which any reasonableΒ fan of the club would accept him continuing as manager.

Edit - FWIW I still think we will collapse too, and that some fans are being premature in heralding him. But they're probably mostly the fans who only decided he wasn't up to it relatively recently.

Edited by bluebruce

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Funny seeing folk now changing their mind on Mowbray again. For what it’s worth I’m forever in the Mowbray out camp. Yes we have had a good start- where have I seen this before- but it seems more to luck than great management that our squad players are now coming to the fore. I still fully expect us to have a bad spell and tumble down the league. That being said it would be a strange time to pot him now, but this is Venkys and they don’t seem to ever do anything when you expect them to. Keep managers that should be out the door, pull the trigger at the wrong time, the Venkys wayΒ 

It isn't luck at all. Yesterday win wasn't luck but players out performing the opposition and Mowbray picking the right team and not over complicating it.Β 

People will start to change the mind cos they seeing the team win, playing with passion and belief, plus seeing them live inside a stadium setting will change people minds.Β 

I know a few people who have change the mind already on Mowbray future and would rather keep him. Thats the opinion and respect them for it

• Backroom

I don't expect this form to continue, as there is too much historical evidence to suggest Mowbray will ultimately screw it up, but it seems silly to fail to give him praise for the way we've started the season. You end up in territory where if we win the manager is 'lucky' and if we lose it's all his fault. Not exactly a balanced opinion to have.