BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am and I can but at this moment I wont. There are a number of reasons, personal and private why I wont. All I will say is that I have personally seen some of the things going on as well as being made aware of a number of other things that are happening right now and will continue to do so in the interim and near future to the benefit of this great club.

It doesn't help when people jump on a speculation bandwagon that has no foundation. Its the truth, and that is out there, that matters.

This sounds promising, and you are right to keep shtum until any news comes out via the club.

It's inevitable that people will speculate, though, especially when there are signals that something is brewing.

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Come from Hull City and has been in place since July according to what I have research about him. Seems to have a good CV from what I have read

We don't make these appointment public anymore. 

It is a non football facing appointment.  You would not normally press release such an appointment unless it was at CEO or Director level.

55 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Strictly a background coming from the property industry.

Not true at all since he joined from Hull City where he was commercial sales manager and you failed to mention 8 years in business development at Zoo digital. 

Here is full profile if people want to see 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-fielder-79871720

15 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

It is a non football facing appointment.  You would not normally press release such an appointment unless it was at CEO or Director level.

Rovers used to be that way but don't anymore publicise it

35 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am and I can but at this moment I wont. There are a number of reasons, personal and private why I wont. All I will say is that I have personally seen some of the things going on as well as being made aware of a number of other things that are happening right now and will continue to do so in the interim and near future to the benefit of this great club.

It doesn't help when people jump on a speculation bandwagon that has no foundation. Its the truth, and that is out there, that matters.

Is the "speculation bandwagon" helped by posts suggesting that you know lots of things that no one else could possibly understand but that you can't elaborate on it?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I am all for change and I have advocated change however what is abundantly clear to me is that a few on here have very little understanding of what has gone on behind the Ewood doors, what continues to go on and what is happening in the interim and future of the club.

I say to all, and I reiterates I have done nothing but advocate change over the past year, is to bear with the club, and try and understand the elements working together for our club. Being critical and now having a solid understanding of things which I didn't have before, I truly believe there is a seriously positive outlook for everything BRFC.

It is just about understanding, watching and then supporting what comes next. I will say no more but the future really does look Blue and White💙

I have already alluded to the same and I salute you for your efforts.

From a personal point of view though, I am still very much of the opinion that the numerous improvements which will hopefully be occurring over the coming months need to include changes in the 2 key positions at the Club, manager and CEO.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is the "speculation bandwagon" helped by posts suggesting that you know lots of things that no one else could possibly understand but that you can't elaborate on it?

Completely unfair.

1864 has made the effort to get off his backside and relay his numerous concerns to the Club.

I'm assuming it has been agreed that much of what has been discussed is confidential and if that's what has been agreed then  that's the way it should remain.

It sounds however as though 1864 is moderately reassured by what he has been told and by  things that are supposedly planned going forward. That ties in with the feedback I've heard from elsewhere as well so fingers crossed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely unfair.

1864 has made the effort to get off his backside and relay his numerous concerns to the Club.

I'm assuming it has been agreed that much of what has been discussed is confidential and if that's what has been agreed then  that's the way it should remain.

It sounds however as though 1864 is moderately reassured by what he has been told and by  things that are supposedly planned going forward. That ties in with the feedback I've heard from elsewhere as well so fingers crossed.

But it adds absolutely nothing when absolutely no details whatsoever can be shared. Surely just update if and when the actual details can be shared, otherwise nothing possibly can be discussed.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

To be honest thought there is nothing worse than the "I know something but I'm not telling you" posts.

This clearly isnt the case with my post if you read it correctly!

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I haven't actually speculated on anything if you read the post correctly. I have given my point of view, which I am clearly content about, based on what I have seen, heard and been told and which came about from my own concern for the club.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But it adds absolutely nothing when absolutely no details whatsoever can be shared. Surely just update if and when the actual details can be shared, otherwise nothing possibly can be discussed.

Again, I have not offered any speculation on anything other than as outlined above.

For what it is worth, I have chosen to share some of what I have learned on a private basis only. Some of it is confidential, some of it is corroborated by other people/sources and information that is out there and I must be clear that in the very near future I will again be in a position where I will be able to at least gauge and give an opinion on the information I was provided with.

I am not an in the know, it is not a media source, player source or fellow supporter source and it is not a source who bases it on 3rd party word of mouth. 

I can only offer a suggestion regarding speculation based on fruitless information and that is not to believe it until it is from the horses mouth.

In addition, lets wait and see just how this pans out. It will prove one of two things, it was spot on or it was a complete fabrication or manipulation. Based on that, my perspective, and I reiterate, perspective of a concerned supporter, is that it wont be the latter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

To be honest thought there is nothing worse than the "I know something but I'm not telling you" posts.

Yes, I know it can be frustrating....but I am sure there are genuine occasions, when a poster wishes to say there is light at the end of the tunnel, but can't-daren't-say too much. IMO, this is very different to ITK status seeking etc that pervades message boards...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

This clearly isnt the case with my post if you read it correctly!

I haven't actually speculated on anything if you read the post correctly. I have given my point of view, which I am clearly content about, based on what I have seen, heard and been told and which came about from my own concern for the club.

Again, I have not offered any speculation on anything other than as outlined above.

For what it is worth, I have chosen to share some of what I have learned on a private basis only. Some of it is confidential, some of it is corroborated by other people/sources and information that is out there and I must be clear that in the very near future I will again be in a position where I will be able to at least gauge and give an opinion on the information I was provided with.

I am not an in the know, it is not a media source, player source or fellow supporter source and it is not a source who bases it on 3rd party word of mouth. 

I can only offer a suggestion regarding speculation based on fruitless information and that is not to believe it until it is from the horses mouth.

In addition, lets wait and see just how this pans out. It will prove one of two things, it was spot on or it was a complete fabrication or manipulation. Based on that, my perspective, and I reiterate, perspective of a concerned supporter, is that it wont be the latter.

Was just my personal opinion to be fair. Some might find value in being told that "things are bright" but being given nothing constructive, nothing tangible or nothing specific beyond that to discuss and debate on an internet messageboard, it also sparks this carrot dangling sort of toing and froing. But thats just my opinion, others will differ. I couldn't possibly or agree or disagree with you because you haven't really said anything.

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Disagree.

If for example someone on the mb says "The owners haven't got a clue what is happening down at Ewood and/or simply don't care" and someone else has concrete information to prove that that isn't the case then I think it's fair game to offer the alternative opinion.

That doesn't mean to say that you're always at liberty to divulge  exactly why you hold that view.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was just my personal opinion to be fair. Some might find value in being told that "things are bright" but being given nothing constructive, nothing tangible or nothing specific beyond that to discuss and debate on an internet messageboard, it also sparks this carrot dangling sort of toing and froing. But thats just my opinion, others will differ. I couldn't possibly or agree or disagree with you because you haven't really said anything.

Think you're missing the point completely on this one.

1864 is offering his opinion on the basis of him having sought out and evaluated concrete information received. 

It's not a case of someone passing an opinion based on pure speculation and pretending to be ITK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Disagree.

If for example someone on the mb says "The owners haven't got a clue what is happening down at Ewood and/or simply don't care" and someone else has concrete information to prove that that isn't the case then I think it's fair game to offer the alternative opinion.

That doesn't mean to say that you're always at liberty to divulge  exactly why you hold that view.

Fair enough, but then if you do that, you have to accept that your argument is likely to be dismissed by quite a few, and even to some come across as carrot dangling. To paraphrase, the argument is "I disagree but I can't tell you why." 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Think you're missing the point completely on this one.

1864 is offering his opinion on the basis of him having sought out and evaluated concrete information received. 

It's not a case of someone passing an opinion based on pure speculation and pretending to be ITK.

I never said that he was pretending. I have no reason to suggest that he is being in anyway disingenuous, I just don't consider it constructive personally and all it inevitably does is causes debate about whether that type of post is worthwhile in the absence of actually having anything to talk about!

17 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You mean yourself, who consistently asks for a source 😩😂

It is not an unreasonable request. You yourself have liked a post from @MarkBRFC which is a similar point to mine. You regularly put "rumours" that don't come to fruition and have come most likely from social media, which is totally fine but it would make sense just to say "I have seen on x twitter" or "look at this screenshot from facebook" to add meat to the bones.

For what its worth, I certainly do not think that 1864roverite is doing anything over than being genuine and honest, it was just a personal initial reaction to someone that I have no doubt is being 100% transparent. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Sorry but this MB has been 95%+ critical of the owners and management team and it is refreshing to hear that all may not seem as bad as it is portrayed and there is some positivity which I welcome.  Sometimes you just have to trust people who say life at Rovers is looking better but they are not at liberty to give you the details.  Surely we have had enough of it the other way round.

BTW I am not a Club ‘plant’ as I have been referred to in the past elsewhere on this MB 😂😂

Edited by Bad Boy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Relevant to this thread indeed.

Hope you are reading this Mr Waggott,God knows you need to act and fast...

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

😳

If ever someone needed to get the ear of the owners on a matter, this is it. Criminal what Waggot is doing to loyal fans. His tenure is a mere blink of an eye, compared to the decades some loyal fans, who are now being priced out. 

• Like 5

On 26/09/2021 at 08:51, Gav said:

I was unsure where to put this, but some of my faith in the club has been restored reading through Yasirs twitter feed.

Yasir is the Integration and Business Development Manager at Ewood and is doing some brilliant work locally by the looks of things.

https://twitter.com/yasirsufi?lang=en

Reading about the work done with the Darwen refugees and the efforts to bring kids along from schools, particularly looking to engage kids from diverse backgrounds where football might not have been a big part of the culture, really made me happy.

I'm as guilty as anyone of being a pessimistic/cynical bugger but it does fill you with hope seeing that you have some people putting in a great deal of effort in making positive moves for the community and BRFC.

Check out the video below, it makes great viewing seeing the kids celebrating, as well as the young lad pointing out Khadra praying for a Brereton-Diaz hat-trick!

Hats off to you, Yasir.

COYB 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, mustard said:

Reading about the work done with the Darwen refugees and the efforts to bring kids along from schools, particularly looking to engage kids from diverse backgrounds where football might not have been a big part of the culture, really made me happy.

I'm as guilty as anyone of being a pessimistic/cynical bugger but it does fill you with hope seeing that you have some people putting in a great deal of effort in making positive moves for the community and BRFC.

Check out the video below, it makes great viewing seeing the kids celebrating, as well as the young lad pointing out Khadra praying for a Brereton-Diaz hat-trick!

Hats off to you, Yasir.

COYB 

And this is only a light touch of the kind of excellent work being done behind the scenes 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

And this is only a light touch of the kind of excellent work being done behind the scenes 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Brilliant to hear, Roverite.

I look forward to hearing more about the positive steps and actions of BRFC and it's staff, especially after such a rocky period.

Long may it continue 💙

• Like 2

So lower crowds than PNE, Blackpool, Barnsley and Huddersfield to name but a few. Fourth lowest in the division. And that's with the giveaway of 1000+ in the last few games in the BBE upper without which we would be below Posh.

Whatever these supposed great changes are they'd better get a move on or it will be shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic stuff soon.

I find it appalling that we are getting less on watching than an Oyston ravaged Blackpool but notice they've slipped off the list of clubs we could end up like if Venkys left us alone and replaced with Derby who will also come through their troubles and get themselves into a healthier state than us and be replaced with another club and repeat ad infinitum.

Commendable stuff with giving away kids tickets in the Family Stand and BBE upper but the question has to be asked whether those people are going to be spending money on tickets any time soon. The answer to that I suspect is no so the club really needs to be going after teenagers, young adults, families who have the means at their disposal to buy tickets in numbers not primary school children with no money and from families with no history of following football. That's a longer term project but in the shorter term we've collapsing gates that need dealing with.

• Like 7