BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

1 minute ago, Wood26 said:

Almost forgot this, but why on earth was Nyambe marking Mitrovic for the corner on 2nd goal. So baffling 15 mins into a game.

If Ayala had been on the field, Nyambe wouldn’t have been marking him. Lenihan needs to become a leader on the field but I think he’s happier letting Ayala do it rather than learn from him.

Plus I don’t accept it’s OK for a strapping right back to not be able to defend the front post space. He put no pressure on the scorer. 

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Oh he's going nowhere. Honest question, you think he loses the plot at them in the dressing room or what? I can't decide what he says after performances like that?.."hard luck lads"?

From what's been said previously he gives them the silent treatment.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Mike E said:

He doesn't give a fuck, does he?

He knows that as far as his position is concerned it doesn't matter. Owners aren't interested. The fans that are left in the ground are too beaten down to react. Couldn't care less about the fans or humiliating the club. 

• Like 9

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

If Ayala had been on the field, Nyambe wouldn’t have been marking him. Lenihan needs to become a leader on the field but I think he’s happier letting Ayala do it rather than learn from him.

Plus I don’t accept it’s OK for a strapping right back to not be able to defend the front post space. He put no pressure on the scorer. 

Oh yeah I’d have no worries if Ayala was playing, but he wasn’t.

Why on our first corner is the leagues top scorer who is lethal in the air not being marked by a centre back? I just can’t understand the logic there.

• Like 2

Any manager with respect for his club apologises in this situation. Not Tony though, oooooh no, can't possibly admit that yet again he's been shown up as a fraud.

An apology and a reaction and you could at least make the argument that he would try to turn it around. HE DOESN'T CARE - hand him his p45 and make him get a cab home. 

Edited by RTM08
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Worst defeat I've personally witnessed was a 5-0 home defeat by ManU in the 1965-66 relegation season. We were well beaten by a fantastic team but the Rovers players never gave up

Tonight was far worse, it feels like a watershed, which it should be for the manager and the club

I was at that match Jim....

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Worst defeat I've personally witnessed was a 5-0 home defeat by ManU in the 1965-66 relegation season. We were well beaten by a fantastic team but the Rovers players never gave up

Tonight was far worse, it feels like a watershed, which it should be for the manager and the club

It's shocking Jim...i've never witnessed a capitulation like that at Ewood.

Shaking with anger.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Brilliant post from David Speedie

Sounds like he's a Rovers fan. All credit to him

Good to see some passion from an ex Player,better than others in the media that don't give a shit how the club is run these days.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

From what's been said previously he gives them the silent treatment.

Downing just confirmed as much on sky, said he probably say nothing and analyse tomorrow. I get it to a certain extent, you lost 7-0, right after game what is there to be said?

Our problem now is, we can’t make loss of changes due to our squad. Who’s plays CB Saturday? If it’s that Magloire then it’s curtains for us.

15 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

In 45 years of supporting Rovers I have NEVER seen us defeated by such a margin at Ewood.

Shocked,Angry and Disgusted.

I'm just trying to take this fucking scoreline in right now.

Sad thing is I'm nowhere near as angry as I should be. It's just so pathetic, it's all so badly run that I become increasingly apathetic.

• Like 4

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, pentelrobot said:

Not one word of apology to the fans. Dead right, he doesn't give a fuck.

Because in his mind there's nothing to say sorry for - I can guarantee he won't think a single shred of blame falls on him for tonight. He never takes responsibility because is his view it's never his fault. 

• Like 1

Shocking. 

Only time I have seen us mauled at home was Vs Arsenal when we lost 4-1 but that was against the best team in the country with the best midfield combo around (Viera and Petit). Even then we bagged a goal. 

This lot are a yo-yo team who have been beaten by others in the championship. Not an insurmountable opponent. 

Mind you nearing the playoffs we were never going to win. Can't get too high under Total Mess. 

I don't know what hurts more - the result or the fact it makes no difference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Good to see some passion from an ex Player,better than others in the media that don't give a shit how the club is run these days.

Quite. Bayes tweet reads as though we just had a slightly off day and Fulham were great. Onto Saturday eh!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

12 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Walked out at 3 nil, even before the red it was a shameful effort from most of them. 

The club can’t moan about lack of fans on the ground when I drag my ass out after a day of work and no tea to witness that shite.

Pathetic 

Also ditched it at 3 and the same as you I was disgusted. 

From minute 1 we looked scared, tentative, pensive...you name it.

The game was finished at 5 mins at 1 down. Looking around the 11 on the pitch you could see the life suck out of the them. The only man on the pitch trying to breath any life was Travis.

At 2-0 the writing was on the wall and before half time it could, and probably should, have been 5.

The first time I've ever been embarrassed to support Rovers. If Mowbray has ANY dignity he will resign tonight.

It could be the same again on Saturday if those imbeciles are still at the helm. Sheffield Utd will be licking their lips.

• Like 2