BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If they get the right offer, he’s gone! I think there’s only Newcastle even capable of doing the deal of the teams that might come for him! 

Newcastle need proven PL players to stay up. 

I don't see any bid and Like I said I wouldn't be selling Brereton for.any money. He is crucial to us going up

19 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Newcastle going for Trips signals their intentions to be honest, tried and tested players. I'd be amazed if they have any interest in Brereton, he'd be a gamble without a doubt.

Tarkowski, Mee, Pope and Cornet would be good options for them this window!!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

A random twitter account seems to believe We've rejected a bid from Saudi Arabia for BBD.

Screenshot_20220102-204853_Twitter.jpg

With a wilting red rose and three red kisses. It's probably some bored 12 year old Dingle having a break from a family night of fun and games.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

My colleague is a staunch Sheff Utd fan and reckons Burke is honestly the worst player he’s ever seen. Check their social media handles and most fans agree with this assessment….

A lot of our fans would have said that about Brereton 12-18 months ago...

I really don't want to go back to the era of ITK discussions, but has anyone else heard continuing rumours of the swap deal with BHA for BBD and the 2 loanees? 

I'm hearing it's a done deal but have assumed this can't be true as there's been no other comment about the rumour for the last couple of weeks. 

I would really like this story to be quashed asap. 

That would be so unlikely as it would require firstly a valuation for Brereton but also mutually agreed valuations for 2 other bright prospects within that deal, not to mention the assumption that both would like to sign for a Championship side and also then be able to agree wages baring in mind that we will not be paying their full wage and that we are under a strict wage ceiling as shown with our inability to sign up our own assets. Think its safe to dismiss.

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I really don't want to go back to the era of ITK discussions, but has anyone else heard continuing rumours of the swap deal with BHA for BBD and the 2 loanees? 

I'm hearing it's a done deal but have assumed this can't be true as there's been no other comment about the rumour for the last couple of weeks. 

I would really like this story to be quashed asap. 

Swap deals are "never" true. Too complicated regarding valuations and contracts.

Doesn't make sense for Rovers to agree a fee before the window either. If they where to sell BBD an auction would be preferred to drive up the value. The Brighton loanees can alway be bought outright. 

That rumour haven't reached Twitter as far as I can see either

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's not as good as that.

To be fair, he has mostly played as winger. Think it was Wilder as Sheff Utd who used him as striker (only a goal to show for it, albeit a winner at Man Utd).

More worrisome that most of his former clubs fans describe as pure pace and nothing else. Would think there are better options out there

• Like 1

If I was brokering a deal with Brighton for Diaz. I would ask for : £15 million, plus Khedra and Van Hecke on permanants, with no sell on clauses either way. And Brighton loan Diaz back to us for the rest of the season.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Today showed that we will need some reinforcements for the rest of the season. It's a long, hard battle to get promoted and with tiredness and injuries likely to be a factor as the season wears on, the squad as it stands needs some quality additions to see us through for a play-off place never mind an automatic spot. Signing 2 or 3 key quality players could be the difference between promotion and the season falling away and staying down. 

agree. the boys, especially díaz, looked absolutely knackered today

• Like 2

Venkys now face THE biggest Acid test of their tenure at this Club...we are in a fantastic position and our hand is strong.

They either back us for Promotion,and the financial riches that would follow,or they sell for short term gains and wreck our best chance in a decade.

January.....do or die,shit or bust.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

This worries me. We are very light if one or two of our midfielders get crocked. Maybe should have rotated him in for a few games.   

I think he has been sent back so that we can bring another midfielder in. Mowbray loves stockpiling centre mids. I'm sure we'll see at least one come in this month.

• Like 2