BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

I think Ben would struggle in the premier ship. His first touch can be clumsy at times and he doesn’t score a variety of goals the way arma did. Throw in the confidence rumours/possibilities a relegation battle in front of 52000 geordies isn’t the place for him to thrive . Maybe I’m being negative or hard on him but I’m just enjoying the way he is playing this season because a niggling part of me doesn’t believe he can sustain the levels he’s producing now even at this level and the grass isn’t normally greener for strikers that leave Ewood for bigger things as history has shown

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Regarding the Burke interest, I just don't get it personally. Really isn't rated by Sheff utd fans and was crap at WBA.

Furthermore do we really want a player who prances about with a man bag?

Screenshot_20220104-223016_Chrome.jpg

Hey, I’ve got a man bag. I wouldn’t hold that against him. What I’m not impressed with is his recent playing record.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Can't really see where I said the wheels had come off our season - please read the whole thing in context. Of course if you don't think injury/injuries or more bad refereeing could easily derail our season ?

Injuries and bad refereeing are part of the game and that's why clubs have 23/24/25 playing squad. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You havent read my point. Im not saying that if a player doesnt fit in one team then he wont fit in any team. Burke has had a poor career thus far and I dont want him here but thats not my point. Im saying if he was any good, would a top 6 challenger lend a player to a direct rival?

Well Heckingbottom will want to make his signings plus they got about 6 or 7 forwards anyway. 

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Other than that I couldn’t think of another Prem club who need him except the bastard dingles and that ain’t happening 

West Ham are pretty desperate for someone like him. Fits them perfect tbh as he's probably at a level that would accept playing second fiddle to Antonio. Coming on with 30 mins left etc and covering his regular injury spells. 

51 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Regarding the Burke interest, I just don't get it personally. Really isn't rated by Sheff utd fans and was crap at WBA.

That is quite the look.

"Homage to Brian Harvey". 

He's even chucked in a blue steel. 

Man's playing 4D fashion. 

I say sign him up for off field entertainment alone. Him and Dack can trade grooming tips. 

• Like 1

I get the idea of pursuing the likes of Hedges, Souttar etc.  We could get them Cheap or free and they will fit within the wage structure.  I get taking a punt on Burke - possibly on loan.  As a mid table champ side, unlikely to challenge for promotion, they are sensible signings.   All of these  it seems were on the radar in summer, when that looked our most likely outcome.  It made perfect sense then. 

Do they make perfect sense now?  I'd say not.  I am not a fan of loans.  I'd rather we signed players  BUT with Clarkson/Poveda going back.  This is the window to spend a fortune on loans.  We should be getting the 3 best loans we can.  Remember the likes of Archibald, Ardilles?

We've said in previous seasons, that the expensive quality  loans - your  Harvey Elliot, Tosin etc should be the icing on the cake.  The ones who get you promoted.

This is our best chance in a decade.  That's where I'd be using any budget this window.  If we fail at least we aren't saddled with expensive contracts and we can still pursue the Scottish lads in the summer.  

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

"Influencer girlfriend" - that probably tells you all you need to know about his character and why he appears to have tanked everywhere he's gone.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I get the idea of pursuing the likes of Hedges, Souttar etc.  We could get them Cheap or free and they will fit within the wage structure.  I get taking a punt on Burke - possibly on loan.  As a mid table champ side, unlikely to challenge for promotion, they are sensible signings.   All of these  it seems were on the radar in summer, when that looked our most likely outcome.  It made perfect sense then. 

Do they make perfect sense now?  I'd say not.  I am not a fan of loans.  I'd rather we signed players  BUT with Clarkson/Poveda going back.  This is the window to spend a fortune on loans.  We should be getting the 3 best loans we can.  Remember the likes of Archibald, Ardilles?

We've said in previous seasons, that the expensive quality  loans - your  Harvey Elliot, Tosin etc should be the icing on the cake.  The ones who get you promoted.

This is our best chance in a decade.  That's where I'd be using any budget this window.  If we fail at least we aren't saddled with expensive contracts and we can still pursue the Scottish lads in the summer.  

Agreed, we need a bit of star quality, a bit of swagger. Our new Eyal Berkovic or our own Eric Cantona if you will.

What we don't need are journeymen that aren't as good as the players we already have.

Is Park a big proponent of the Moneyball system? Identifying someone who once showed talent but who's fallen off the rails for some reason and believing we can get a tune out of them where everyone else has failed? Because we'd be taking massive gambles imo with Souttar given his horrific injury record and Burke given the fact he would appear to have some sort of underlying issues which are preventing him from realising his potential.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed, we need a bit of star quality, a bit of swagger. Our new Eyal Berkovic or our own Eric Cantona if you will.

What we don't need are journeymen that aren't as good as the players we already have.

Is Park a big proponent of the Moneyball system? Identifying someone who once showed talent but who's fallen off the rails for some reason and believing we can get a tune out of them where everyone else has failed? Because we'd be taking massive gambles imo with Souttar given his horrific injury record and Burke given the fact he would appear to have some sort of underlying issues which are preventing him from realising his potential.

Agree on Souttar...we need to look elsewhere for a same type without the poor injury record...

On Burke...I can see him suiting our style and he's a confidence player, bring him into a confident team and he could just do something for us...especially as a counter attacking option.

Some germans paid a lot of money for him not too long ago....

• Backroom

Ok ok, it's late and I've had a drink, but hear me out:

Dani Alves

Gonzalo Castro

Nabil Bentaleb

Kwadwo Asamoah

Paulinho

Diego Perotti

All without clubs, all experienced, perhaps a touch of PL class in them yet.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Dani Alves

Gonzalo Castro

Nabil Bentaleb

Kwadwo Asamoah

Paulinho

Diego Perotti

Yea think u have had enough mate 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're not seriously comparing Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell to the likes of Graham, Mulgrew, Bennett and Evans are you?

There"s no comparison whatsoever primarily due to their respective ages.

Graham no and possibly Mulgrew and Bennett no. Evans and Smallwood both given extensions and probably rises whist in their 20s so yes there is a comparison in ages.

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

He looks like he should be on a sealing vessel in the 1850s

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Dani Alves

Gonzalo Castro

Nabil Bentaleb

Kwadwo Asamoah

Paulinho

Diego Perotti

That reads like a decent wine list.

• Like 2