BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He still sounds like a man telling the supporters what he wants and communicating with the owners via the press.

He isn't saying that things will or won't happen, just offering an opinion on how it would look if we started selling our best players now.

I stick to my theory that he hasn't heard a peep from India in months and hasn't the foggiest what their plans or thoughts are. His contractual situation all but confirms that.

Still amazes me that people believe we are actively engaged in serious discussions with these out of contract players. Strikes me that Venkys are doing nothing. If Mowbray can't speak to them and has no idea as to their plans how the hell are we meant to keep players?

Which is surely also down to our useless CEO? 

Are the owners paying enough attention to know we are currently chasing promotion? 

On 28/12/2021 at 09:14, slowmo said:

Good point raised by TM , why are Hull testing twice the day before the game and at 10 AM on the day .

When only a test in the morning on the day before game is required .

Did fancy it in my opinion and desperate for it to be cancelled. 

Should be able to call up players into the squad if needed to.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Are the owners paying enough attention to know we are currently chasing promotion? 

Do we want them to pay more attention?  They seem to be best suited to writing checks.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Good question and my interpretation of things is that they don't pay much attention at all to the ongoings at the Club.

Our CEO isn't fit to occupy the office, I think most people realise that, and wouldn't have got that job at any other club of the size and stature of Blackburn Rovers. But having said that he can only work with what the owners give him. If they won't communicate or won't authorise contract/wages then he is left to do whatever he can with what very limited cash the club generates.

I suspect the owners (or their representatives) have at some stage or another ceased authorisation for wage increases. That appeared to happen between summer 2020 when they gave Ayala a bumper deal and January 2021 when we signed the two loan CBs.

This might explain why we were able to get the short extension for Gallagher through (reportedly on the same salary but an extra year) which wouldn't place them under any additional financial obligation in the short term, whereas there has been nothing done on much lower earners in much greater need of new contracts but who will (quite rightly) expect a decent increase.

We must not forget here the importance of the manager travelling to India. As insane as it may appear it has become quite obvious over the last 10 years with Kean, Bowyer and then Mowbray that the only way of getting serious stuff done is by flying to India and meeting Mrs Desai. The fact Mowbray has been unable to do that now for 2.5 years - which coincidentally came just before the last decent spend - speaks volumes to me.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think the £10m bonus for the team if they go up, probably tells you they are.

Honestly why do people think it's that easy to get players to sign a new contract - we're an unfashionable club in an unfashionable area punching above our weight in a precarious financial position who can't afford to offer top wages to most of our players and are trying to run things on a shoestring.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He still sounds like a man telling the supporters what he wants and communicating with the owners via the press.

He isn't saying that things will or won't happen, just offering an opinion on how it would look if we started selling our best players now.

I stick to my theory that he hasn't heard a peep from India in months and hasn't the foggiest what their plans or thoughts are. His contractual situation all but confirms that.

Still amazes me that people believe we are actively engaged in serious discussions with these out of contract players. Strikes me that Venkys are doing nothing. If Mowbray can't speak to them and has no idea as to their plans how the hell are we meant to keep players?

And it amazes me that you think your theories are fact and anyone who thinks different is deluded.

What about this 10 million bonus supposedly on the table?

Gallagher given a new deal but the owners aint even allowing discussions to be had with the players out of contract this summer?

The club have said 3+1 year deals on the table for the 3 of them.

Obviously the deals on the table aint sufficient for the 3 to sign on but i do not believe like you that no offers have been made...if they havent then surely at least 1 of those 3 will go public that Rovers didnt offer them a new deal when they move on.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You’re basing all this on a press conference? What would it take for you to believe that the club are actively involved in serious discussions. Mowbray to openly discuss the details of each contract negotiation? 

None of us have an idea what is going on behind the scenes so why choose to take an overly negative slant for the sake of it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There will no doubt be 'advisors' breathing in the owners ears suggesting half this team is ripe to sell right now.

Hopefully our CEO, manager and invisible middleman are pleading otherwise.

Yes, Diaz might turn back into Brereton anytime....

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If we are going by History, 10th - 12th in the country is our level.

Historically yeah we are a big club.

But the game has totally changed in the last 20 years.With the introduction of ffp and the wages and transfer fees spiralling out of control then it makes it extremely difficult for a club our size to compete.

This isnt a defence of the owners or the people on the ground as the way the club has been run has been amateur throughout the Rao reign but it isnt as easy as some are suggesting to get these 3 to sign on here long term.

If you go through all Championship clubs many have important team members out of contract at the end of thr season.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19829954.blackburn-rovers-ryan-nyambe-contract-stalemate-a-shame/ 

Mowbray telling bare faced lies in your opinion?As he saying here Nyambe has an offer on the table.

13 minutes ago, jny said:

Okay, by what metric then? History of the club?

where we are in team tables
Most trophies won 12th most successful 

7th most successful team decade on decade

number of times champions of England 11th

Success in the premiership on points 12th

most seasons in the premiership 12th

average points per game in the premiership 8th

number of fa cups won 7th

Widely accepted as the most successful small town club of all time

Is that enough metric

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nah he's crossed the divide now from lost kid to classy player imo

He might not keep up these  scorching levels of scoring but he has too much quality to slip back into just Brereton. Unless those mythical booboys chase him back there of course...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19829954.blackburn-rovers-ryan-nyambe-contract-stalemate-a-shame/ 

Mowbray telling bare faced lies in your opinion?As he saying here Nyambe has an offer on the table.

Lol and forgetting he's the one that got Nyambe into this situation offered a shit contract that was a 2 year deal.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I thought it was common knowledge - he signed a pact with the devil, Robert Johnson style, in a diabolical ceremony on his first visit to Chile - hence the name change. Folklore tells us that he will remain Diaz until he suddenly disappears at the age of 27.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

where we are in team tables
Most trophies won 12th most successful 

7th most successful team decade on decade

number of times champions of England 11th

Success in the premiership on points 12th

most seasons in the premiership 12th

average points per game in the premiership 8th

number of fa cups won 7th

Widely accepted as the most successful small town club of all time

Is that enough metric

What that proves, is that we have always punched above our weight.

• Like 1

I’m hoping all the speculation around the soon to be out of contract players dies down and we crack on with the task in hand.

Any of them would be stupid to sign a contract that we are led to believe has been on the table for 18 months. The situation has changed completely in that time, tying themselves to a Championship wage within our rigid structure (structure, not cap) when we look to have a decent chance of promotion would be daft. Potential last big contracts for Lenihan and Rothwell who would be the wrong side of 30 when these deals end, and a first big contract for Nyambe who Mowbray states has developed beyond a youth team player.

Get promoted and revisit it in May! 

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We are not punching above our weight!

To be fair to jny, whilst as fans we are rightly proud of our rich & silvery history, in current terms we are very much punching above our weight currently. 

We're currently 2nd with a decent gap to 7th, in a season when even the most optimistic of us would've been happy with just a top half finish in August having lost Arma and signed no replacement + a few loans none of us knew anything of! 

In that context, in the here & now, our squad is punching above its weight.

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

To be fair to jny, whilst as fans we are rightly proud of our rich & silvery history, in current terms we are very much punching above our weight currently. 

We're currently 2nd with a decent gap to 7th, in a season when even the most optimistic of us would've been happy with just a top half finish in August having lost Arma and signed no replacement + a few loans none of us knew anything of! 

In that context, in the here & now, our squad is punching above its weight.

Or, it was punching below its weight previously.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Basically he’s decent at crossing so people overlook the rest of what is needed  for the role 

Not half the player Nyambe is for me 

Is he even that good at crossing? I dont remember many goals that he set up with crosses, maybe one v Reading at home last season?