BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Blackburn close to agreeing deal to sign Tottenham winger Dilan Markanday who's having a great season in PL2. Spurs had offered Markanday a new contract but he wants to play regular first-team football. Via @SkySportsLyall @ALANMYERSMEDIA

Funny how we can trump a Prem club where there's Indian heritage involved!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

It really is a load of horse shite that Mowbray interview. Talks about not spending as he wants to keep the squad together, yet says doesn't want loans because it doesn't 'build a football club'. Yet we're about to lose 3 of our starting XI for free. Every second sentence in that interview is the opposite of the sentence before.

The enigma that is Tony Mowbray...

giphy.gif

Markanday would be a bit of a coup - very highly rated.

A lot of conjecture and misinformation on this window and what is going on, naturally. In reality none of us know what is happening but if recent history is anything to go by the club tend to surprise us with transfers and do the work behind closed doors.

The reality is we can’t go and spend millions. It’s that simple despite calls to and an assertion there is a lack of ambition. If we do, we risk the club and FFP. Like it or not that is the position we are in until we generate more revenue (how we do that and is Waggott the guy to do it is a different conversation).

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 9

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows what the future will hold for Lenihan, Rothwell, Brereton and Nyambe after the season. I have still very hopeful Lenihan, Rothwell and Brereton will be here next season. Expect Nyambe to leave

Who have been saying most season "expect Brereton to be sold in the summer"

The only way any of those players are with us next season is if we get promotion.

Thought the Dutch full back would have been over the line now, can’t see the problem re isolation, could still sign, think it might be more getting a work permit, much more difficult after brexit.

They said last season they would have struggled to sign Kaminski these days, it’s now a points system and unless your a full international it’s difficult.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Blackburn close to agreeing deal to sign Tottenham winger Dilan Markanday who's having a great season in PL2. Spurs had offered Markanday a new contract but he wants to play regular first-team football. Via @SkySportsLyall @ALANMYERSMEDIA

If its a permanent deal then looks an exciting signing.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who have been saying most season "expect Brereton to be sold in the summer"

The only way any of those players are with us next season is if we get promotion.

I was talking in keeping Brereton if we go up which is my hope. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah ok 🙄

Markanday looks like a pretty like for like replacement for poveda, only with more potential and at under 1 mill a pretty safe bet

Having huge sell on clauses attached is always a bit of a kicker though, but I suppose in our current position we have to make the compromises 😞

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If its a permanent deal then looks an exciting signing.

Spurs fans are pissed on the prospect of letting him go, so that's a good sign.

Kudos to the player for rejecting their contract and wanting to play senior football. So many young players are happy to stay on big wages and never getting a chance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Markanday looks like a pretty like for like replacement for poveda, only with more potential and at under 1 mill a pretty safe bet

Given his Indian background, this is a deal I could see the Venky's taking a big interest in.

22 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Everyone calm down, two signings here hopefully. Mark an Andy.

Screenshot_2022-01-14-09-50-40-02_8e20900bf147cd4ca338051507fbb763.jpg

IF this is a perm then this is excellent business. Extremely highly rated, a player who can not only impact us now but be one we can rely on for the future. Would be a low fee aswell with him being 6months into his contract. 

A lot of fans concerned about us not showing more ambition so far this window - but Zeefuik and Markandandy look really intelligent signings with the long term, aswell as the now, in mind. If we could make a push to bring in Riley aswell that would cap a excellent window, strengthening us in the areas with the least depth while fitting in with the long term planning.

Mind you nothing has happened yet.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, JBiz said:

We’re having a go with this squad tbf, and I’d rather us be in a position to improve next season if we aren’t promoted, rather than playing the shit or bust card

Someone in S8 should know that 😉 

Agree. Think there are 3 pretty weak teams coming down this season (Norwich, Watford and the Dingles imo), so don’t think Championship will be that strong again next season if we don’t make it

10 minutes ago, briansol said:

Given his Indian background, this is a deal I could see the Venky's taking a big interest in.

I think too much is being made of this on here, I'm certain he's being signed because he looks a quality player with bags of potential, spurs fans can't believe theyre letting him go at any price 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

IF this is a perm then this is excellent business. Extremely highly rated, a player who can not only impact us now but be one we can rely on for the future. Would be a low fee aswell with him being 6months into his contract. 

A lot of fans concerned about us not showing more ambition so far this window - but Zeefuik and Markandandy look really intelligent signings with the long term, aswell as the now, in mind. If we could make a push to bring in Riley aswell that would cap a excellent window, strengthening us in the areas with the least depth while fitting in with the long term planning.

Mind you nothing has happened yet.

They're bodies through the door and better than what we currently have. It wont do any harm having alternatives and this lad from spurs looks a tricky little player. I think outside of our starting eleven the bench looks weak bar Gally and dolan. 

7 minutes ago, briansol said:

Thats the last thing we want, they should remain under the rock, its working a treat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Agree. Think there are 3 pretty weak teams coming down this season (Norwich, Watford and the Dingles imo), so don’t think Championship will be that strong again next season if we don’t make it

We will be minus Nyambe,Rothwell, Lenihen and Brererton if we dont go up

Whilst the possible Spurs forward signing sounds promising, I have two concerns. One being that, I think central midfield is the most pressing need at the moment, given that our back-ups are Johnson and Davenport. I hope we'll bring in someone to make an impact, as Rothwell and Travis can't be expected to play every game.

Moreover, I think the ideal situation would've been to try and sign Reda Khadra on a permanent deal. He looks like a brilliant prospect and, even, when thrown in right at the start, he showed his ability in a constantly shifting line-up. It might well be that Brighton wouldn't sell but, given that they aren't taking him back in January, it seems he is down the pecking order. 

A January bid might, possibly, test Brighton's resolve as Khadra hasn't gained as much publicity as might do, should he continue in the team ans coring goals. If not, I would hope that a bid might be made by Rovers in the summer, money permitting. Possibly for van Hecke, as well.

Edit: On a different note, I am surprised to read that Tayo Edun might have cost the club £450 k or so, according the LT online, Where they get that figure from, I don't know, but so far, Edun hasn't shown his worth. He may well do with more opportunities but it was a big outlay for a future prospect/squad player from League One, in these times. He has at least go youth on his side. 

Edited by riverholmes

Just spoke with a Spurs supporting mate, Markanady has recently converted from a winger to a striker and has been one of their best performers in PL2. Quite a few Spurs fans on Twitter are baffled that they are letting him go on a permanent deal. Let’s hope he performs!