BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Spot on. 

Do what Forest are doing and hedging new signings off the value of a player that is obviously going to get sold in the summer. 

and then they suffer serious injury in the meantime........erm let me think about that one !

43 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Markanday would be a bit of a coup - very highly rated.

A lot of conjecture and misinformation on this window and what is going on, naturally. In reality none of us know what is happening but if recent history is anything to go by the club tend to surprise us with transfers and do the work behind closed doors.

The reality is we can’t go and spend millions. It’s that simple despite calls to and an assertion there is a lack of ambition. If we do, we risk the club and FFP. Like it or not that is the position we are in until we generate more revenue (how we do that and is Waggott the guy to do it is a different conversation).

Don't agree. He might or might not be a good signing. I simply don't know. He might be highly rated but playing in the u23s league is a different game to playing in the Championship or hopefully soon Premier League. My concern would be whether he is a signing going to come in and hit the ground running - which really is what we need right now.

If we are a club going places and pushing for the PL then signing a soon to be out of contract player from Spurs U23s is not a 'coup'. It might be a good signing, I hope it is, but we are Blackburn Rovers, pushing for the PL here.

We can spend millions - if the owners really want to. That would not 'risk the club' - we are £200 million down over the last decade and counting - the only way to stop that is to get over the line to promotion. Truth is I haven't seen anyone demanding huge money be lavished on expensive players - just recognition from most that we are in an unusually strong position to kick on and attract better players than in our usual mid table nothingness.

Middlesbrough, West Brom, Forest have all added experience and quality to their squads and more will follow. This is a really competitive division and we need to compete.

I come back to what I said last night and have said many times before. I am of the firm belief that the only way any substantial funds are released from the owners - be that transfer fees or wage increases - is when it gets the OK in India at the top table. That hasn't happened for a long time.

24 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

and then they suffer serious injury in the meantime........erm let me think about that one !

Well what sort of argument is that? Any player is at risk of serious injury at any time, its a part of the game.

If we can't sign good players because they might get injured, what's the point of it all.

Shouldn't have signed that Shearer ---too risky.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Blackburn close to agreeing deal to sign Tottenham winger Dilan Markanday who's having a great season in PL2. Spurs had offered Markanday a new contract but he wants to play regular first-team football. Via @SkySportsLyall @ALANMYERSMEDIA

Funny how we can trump a Prem club where there's Indian heritage involved!

WOW.  Transfer stuff!

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We will be minus Nyambe,Rothwell, Lenihen and Brererton if we dont go up

With a bit of creative dealing (which seem to happening)they can be replaced. Just a thought, would you sell Rothwell in this window in order to finance a deal for O’Riley, I know I would.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Blackburn close to agreeing deal to sign Tottenham winger Dilan Markanday who's having a great season in PL2. Spurs had offered Markanday a new contract but he wants to play regular first-team football. Via @SkySportsLyall @ALANMYERSMEDIA

Dolan is a player who needs regular first-team football too, will this signing push him down the list?

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Dolan is a player who needs regular first-team football too, will this signing push him down the list?

Easy to forget how young Dolan is. Only just turned 20.

Similar sort of season to last year for him thus far, burst out of the blocks quickly with some impressive performances and goals, through the festive period however, has stalled with the COVID isolation, loss of his place and therefore lack of production.

His time will come, much like BBD or Armstrong, probably next season or 2023/24 the season whether he'll kick on and 'make it'.

Premier League level youth players like Khadra, Poveda, Elliott, Markanday give him an idea of the standards he needs to reach.

• Like 1

This Spurs lad coming seems like a decent deal on the face of it. On a permanent, bring him in and actually get him to develop for the benefit of Rovers, rather than a PL club.

As for this season, he might not be a hit the ground running signing into the first 11 but you'd imagine he can impact from the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

This Spurs lad coming seems like a decent deal on the face of it. On a permanent, bring him in and actually get him to develop for the benefit of Rovers, rather than a PL club.

As for this season, he might not be a hit the ground running signing into the first 11 but you'd imagine he can impact from the bench.

Hopefully like Khadra....

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Burnley have money to burn after flogging Wood to The Saudi's.

But couldn't see Buckley going there.

He'd probably go to Leeds, although they aren't much better off than the Dingles.

Nah, Burnley have money to service their leveraged takeover debt after flogging wood to the Saudis.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

We won't be in a position to improve though.

Diaz, Rothwell, Lenihan & Nyambe won't be here and we'd have to spend to replace them adequately anyway.

The time is now.

Throwing the kitchen sink at it guarantees nothing, but losing 39m+ over three seasons will guarantee a transfer ban/points deduction.

The difference in turnover / income compared to teams with parachute payments make our “kitchen sink” negligible anyway, there’s no way we’re in a position to spend millions and 50pw on someone like Harry Wilson, despite @JHRover’s claims or anyone else’s hopes and dreams.

Surely, we all agree that any money like that in our coffers should be prioritised for enabling a wage structure that is enough for the contract “rebels” to renew?

• Like 1