BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody care to guess who the striker is we are supposedly in for?

The way this window is going it’s likely to be another guy we’ve never been linked with, and therefore not Maja or Healey!

A wild guess, but Siriki Dembele from Peterborough maybe. His contract is up in the summer I believe, so is our sort of signing and is only 25 (?). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, garnersfags said:

Butterworth has made more of a positive difference this season than Gally will do. I've not heard a single criticism of Butterworth, whereas since Gally has taken Butterworth's sub spot, his shortcomings have been constantly highlighted by us all. The attributes he brings (he's a tall athlete) are far outweighed by his inability to control his movements, or the ball. 

I was critical of Butterworth until this season, but he stepped up, just to stay in the game, and I don't think Gally will (tho I accept that I thought the same about BBD until September...)

He’s made more goal contributions than any other player this season other than Rothwell and Brereton. How can you say he hasn’t made a positive difference?

I feel sorry for the guy because his season has been broken up by injury. He needs a stable run in the side and just like Brereton I’m sure he will kick on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Would prefer a midfielder over a striker. Surely Brereton, Khadra, Dolan, Gallagher, Butterworth and Markanday will be more than enough competition up front.  However, in midfield if Buckley or Rothwell go down we have no replacement. 

All I want to hear is that we are looking for a solid backup keeper. But after that I agree midfield would be the next priority. And a Buckley/Rothwell type replacement. Someone else said Travis, but his backup is Davenport who I'd say is adequate short term. And when Pickering is back there is also Edun. Buckley and Rothwell, we have no like for like. We have Johnson, who I don't trust on the pitch, and then you're talking maybe putting Dack back there and hoping he stays fit and regains his form. It's not really adequate. Up top is more than covered, no matter how much people want to see a third tall striker who isn't Gallagher.

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Would prefer a midfielder over a striker. Surely Brereton, Khadra, Dolan, Gallagher, Butterworth and Markanday will be more than enough competition up front.  However, in midfield if Buckley or Rothwell go down we have no replacement. 

I think we need Markanday, a striker and someone who could grab the game by the scruff of the neck in midfield and/or provide a killer pass.

The one place I don't think we need further cover is at CB, we already have 4 vying for 3 spots and could go 4 at the back in an emergency.

A decent  back up keeper wouldn't be the worst idea either.

4 minutes ago, Miker said:

He’s made more goal contributions than any other player this season other than Rothwell and Brereton. How can you say he hasn’t made a positive difference?

I feel sorry for the guy because his season has been broken up by injury. He needs a stable run in the side and just like Brereton I’m sure he will kick on.

If Butterworth had had the amount of game time as Gallagher has had I reckon he would have contributed far more overall.

Gallagher is just a bad 'un. End of story. No redeeming qualities whatsoever unfortunately.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

A wild guess, but Siriki Dembele from Peterborough maybe. His contract is up in the summer I believe, so is our sort of signing and is only 25 (?). 

Unlikely.

I think everything points to somebody playing in Europe.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Chapman a new deal.

Why? Should be release or sold. His time here is done. time to us to me and for him to find a new club where he can play regular football

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would be incredibly underwhelming.

Can you explain why you think signing Healey would be incredibly underwhelming?

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can you explain why you think signing Healey would be incredibly underwhelming?

Can you explain why you automatically assume everyone we're linked with would be a good signing?

On Healey he's 27 and as far as I can see he's scored one career goal at Championship level or higher. I don't think he 's the type of quality we ought to be targeting if we're serious about challenging for promotion.

• Like 3

I'd be going all out for Liam Delap at City on loan. No idea the size of wages or loan fees etc and I know he's been flirting with the first team in cup games etc but that's where I'd be putting a lot of effort. They'd probably want assurances about playtime too, but he'd definitely get more at us than he would for them.

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If Butterworth had had the amount of game time as Gallagher has had I reckon he would have contributed far more overall.

Gallagher is just a bad 'un. End of story. No redeeming qualities whatsoever unfortunately.

Minutes wise he's contributing a goal involvement every 1.5 games in a stop start season. I'd say that's pretty redeeming. I don't mind Butterworth but I've not seen enough to say he would do any better at all.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I'd be going all out for Liam Delap at City on loan. No idea the size of wages or loan fees etc and I know he's been flirting with the first team in cup games etc but that's where I'd be putting a lot of effort. They'd probably want assurances about playtime too, but he'd definitely get more at us than he would for them.

I think that is a damn good shout!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can you explain why you automatically assume everyone we're linked with would be a good signing?

On Healey he's 27 and as far as I can see he's scored one career goal at Championship level or higher. I don't think he 's the type of quality we ought to be targeting if we're serious about challenging for promotion.

I haven't said whether it will be good or bad signing at all. I will make that judgement when he or any other players when they sign here and put a Rovers shirt on. 

Yes I think he someone I thought sign in the past summer but with the way we play currently I'm not sure how he fit into the our team style and structure/formation

50 minutes ago, Iceman said:

man i would love it, if we asked Man United about Amad, Elanga or Hannibal. 

11 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Hannibal would guarantee promotion

According to newspaper reports Hannibal has a MUFC future.

26 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

he has been injury for most the season so far and he is on his way back to training and getting fit again. 

and would he not be part of the first team there given they have sold Torres for 55 million to Barcelona

40 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Has he got a long throw?

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

he has been injury for most the season so far and he is on his way back to training and getting fit again. 

and would he not be part of the first team there given they have sold Torres for 55 million to Barcelona

Let’s be honest they wouldn’t miss him if they loaned him out would they. They don’t play with a striker either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J*B said:

That’s the plan. Although I suspect it’s only because they can’t afford Maja. Then I assume a centre back. 

As I said on Friday, Markanday has signed. Formalities only now. Before anyone starts, players sign contracts subject to medical/permits/league approval. 

Can you see the team 2nd in Ligue 2 loaning out their main striker who they play every game? Would seem unlikely from the outside, I think Healey is just a name that was mentioned loosely in the summer that has never gone away.

• Like 1