BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

On the permanent striker front.

Cannot see it being Maja as he has only played 45 minutes in total this season. Mowbray will want someone who is fit and able to help the team straight away given our depleted attacking options.

My money is still on it being Healey. Loan to buy with a guarantee purchase at the end for a fixed fee. Should get this done back end of this week. 

My worry is that a plonker like Waggott would drive Rothwell to Bournemouth if they were offering £2 million.

Hopefully there are greater forces at work that prevent that happening.

There would be nothing more pathetic than offloading an integral player to a direct automatic promotion rival in the late days of January but I do worry they will set it up so that it happens but they bring in a loan to cover for it which will smooth it with the fans.

Of course Venkys could sort all this out very quickly by offering Rothwell a better deal. Their choice not to.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve just checked his feed and there’s nothing on there about that?

He may have put a story on about it, as they only last 24 hours, but there’s nothing I can see. You got a link/screenshot?

I am sorry i dont actually do it myself i was told by my lad

35 minutes ago, neophox said:

Is £2m worth if missing out on promotion to sell a player to a promotion rival? Lunatic... disgraceful if true. We can always reject it and if he's unhappy he can train with u23 and then go for a free.

What if Rothwell becomes a matchwinner for Bournemouth making us miss out....

And what if the whole story is a load of bollocks ? 

18 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

How on earth have you read that from those comments? We’ve rejected the bid and the article says that we’re standing firm. How else can you interpret that??

Hmm maybe because I actually read them?

It explicitly says ‘they were rejected as they haven’t met the valuation’, not that they were rejected as he’s not for sale to a promotion rival.

Edited by Mattyblue

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's absolutely zero chance we'll sell Rothwell to Bournemouth.

They're just playing silly buggers trying to unsettle the player and us.

I actually think its a genuine effort to sign him Rev. On the face of it Rovers are in a conundrum here. Sell him to a rival for say £2.5 million and run the risk of him firing them back above us or getting a fee that more than covers the outlay on the player over the course of his contract?

I agree entirely that promotion is the goal and the money that would come in is phenomenal and has to be a factor but the reality is this, if he stays does he then kick off and not do his best? does he sulk? which in turn doesnt help the team. 

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m pretty sure the powers that be would’ve bitten their hands off if we were sat 12th in the table. Looks like the promotion push is being taken seriously.

I hope it's finally sank in with Venkys and they now realise the financial and PR benefits of being in the top flight.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hmm maybe because I actually read them?

It explicitly says ‘they haven’t met the valuation’, not that he’s not for sale to our promotion rival.

Even if they meet the valuation it doesn't mean we'll sell.

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I actually think its a genuine effort to sign him Rev. On the face of it Rovers are in a conundrum here. Sell him to a rival for say £2.5 million and run the risk of him firing them back above us or getting a fee that more than covers the outlay on the player over the course of his contract?

I agree entirely that promotion is the goal and the money that would come in is phenomenal and has to be a factor but the reality is this, if he stays does he then kick off and not do his best? does he sulk? which in turn doesnt help the team. 

It's an obvious attempt to unsettle the player and the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Even if they meet the valuation it doesn't mean we'll sell.

Then why mention the valuation at all? It should be irrelevant when it comes to selling to a promotion rival.

Do I think he will go? No, shades of Jack bidding for Cantona, but telling that the noise out of the club is talking about them ‘not meeting valuations’, not that they can ‘feck off trying to unsettle our player, he’ ain’t going to you lot at any price’ etc

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, booth said:

I hope it's finally sank in with Venkys and they now realise the financial and PR benefits of being in the top flight.

If they haven’t they never will! I hope that Waggott has stressed to them that this is their best chance of turning Rovers from a liability to an asset overnight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Then why mention the valuation at all? It should be irrelevant when it comes to selling to a promotion rival…

Probably because it's a polite way of saying, that's an insult to the player and club.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My worry is that a plonker like Waggott would drive Rothwell to Bournemouth if they were offering £2 million.

Hopefully there are greater forces at work that prevent that happening.

There would be nothing more pathetic than offloading an integral player to a direct automatic promotion rival in the late days of January but I do worry they will set it up so that it happens but they bring in a loan to cover for it which will smooth it with the fans.

Of course Venkys could sort all this out very quickly by offering Rothwell a better deal. Their choice not to.

Its not Waggot that makes that decision, its the owners!

Looking at it subjectively, Rothwell is not as good as what Bournemouth already have, Billing, Lerma, Christie, cook and the mercurial Marcondes. He wont unseat any of these players. Anthony and Solanke up front can both play wide or central. Lowe and Rodgers are also a pair of decent forwards who can play Rothwells role. So, if you aks me he has his work cut out even more than he ever did at Ewood and on top of all that are Bournemouth better than us?

• Like 1

Insulting bid and a way of trying to unsettle us whilst we're in good form. Rothwell knows he can get a hefty sign on and a possible promotion bonus on top if he waits 6 months. None starter. Add a 2 in front of the bid and we'll start talking.

Just imagine if we play Bournemouth in the Playoff Final and Rothwell scores the winner.

Unthinkable to consider such lunacy but if, as somebody alluded to the owners make the ultimate decision who knows. Will their advisor sell it to them as some money now and nothing in the Summer or as a chance to get promoted.

And therein lies the rub.

Edited by arbitro

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m pretty sure the powers that be would’ve bitten their hands off if we were sat 12th in the table. Looks like the promotion push is being taken seriously.

If we were sat 12th then it would have been sensible to sell if no contract was being signed.

• Like 1

£10 million with no add ons and Rothwell can go in January.

He's got a great contract offer from Rovers on the table but within our means. He's also got his share of the £12 million incentive for promotion to consider, if he were to sign a new contract.

If you were Joe Rothwell, what would you do?

I'd be asking "where's the bloody blue and white pen"!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Just imagine if we play Bournemouth in the Playoff Final and Rothwell scores the winner.

Unthinkable to consider such lunacy but if, as somebody alluded to the owners make the ultimate decision who knows. Will their advisor well it to them as some money now and nothing in the Summer of as a chance to get promoted.

And therein lies the rub.

We have sold 2 first team players  in the last 5 seasons.

We won't be selling Rothwell to Bournemouth when we are sat 2nd in the table 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

We have sold 2 first team players  in the last 5 seasons.

We won't be selling Rothwell to Bournemouth when we are sat 2nd in the table 

You sound so sure about that but I don't share your confidence.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

You sound so sure about that but I don't share your confidence.

I'm basing my thought process off the fact we have sold only 2 players of any value in 5 years.And that I know for a fact bids have been turned down plenty of times for our players.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that we would accept a bid for Rothwell now unless it was silly money