BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

Love this team! And for once our loans actually paid off - especially Khadra and the immense Van Hecke. Ben looking like he has a day off? Let's pretend we're Haaland and score two.

Joe Rothwell is no Tugay but in 2021 he'll do.

John Buckley is no Dunn but he'll do.

Brereton is no Janssen but he'll do.

Lenihan is no Craig Short but he'll do.

I believe in this team! Come On You Blues!!!!

• Like 6

1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 since Wharton came back into the team. Take a bow.

I jest as Lenihan and the whole back line deserve credit for that.

It’s the best Travis has played for a good while, the middle 3 really suit each other.

Superb, we look unreal, only way it could have been better was Brereton getting his 20 up with a Cantana special 

EC4332CD-165B-490D-AB46-AC7F1F67DF13.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

You can also make one post where you don't attack/antagonise other Rovers 👍👍👍

Antagonise? Are you for real ? I am pointing out what fans are missing if anyone gets upset angry or annoyed by that suggestion I am pretty certain those who went and go to the ground will back my views up

• Like 7

Well that was a bit good, if that exquisite chip had gone in from Diaz it would have been the best goal on Ewood in years!

For a few weeks now we've been thinking we'll do a 'rovers' and brick ourselves when we get near the top 6, we'll we've gone past that stage now surely. 

Even the goal difference is back looking decent now after the Fulham debacle.

Get lucky on the injury front and keep the team together and they can go very far, it's been a long while since I've been enjoying games week in, week out this much!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Longer. 
458DD02F-9A12-4258-BB7C-F3F84E63E090.thumb.jpeg.9c9607d508d4487abafa14609bc0bbb9.jpeg

In terms of 5 clean sheets

A72C6CF3-00D4-4CE0-A05E-374189792929.jpeg

Wow, you're right! Thanks! I just took Neil's words as gospel (was only 13 in '96 myself, but couldn't remember a particular run like that).

So that's 41 years. Pretty crazy that Simon Garner was already at the club then, scoring away. He was one of my favourites when I became a fan in '91...

Edited by capybara
Just grammar and additional thoughts

15 minutes ago, superniko said:

1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 since Wharton came back into the team. Take a bow.

I jest as Lenihan and the whole back line deserve credit for that.

It’s the best Travis has played for a good while, the middle 3 really suit each other.

Superb, we look unreal, only way it could have been better was Brereton getting his 20 up with a Cantana special 

EC4332CD-165B-490D-AB46-AC7F1F67DF13.jpeg

Of those 3 CB's Wharton is a big factor, I'm so pleased for him after last years horrific injury. Lenihan is a much better player when he has quality around him. Van Hecke has really stepped up and looks a real player. 21 years old, he's going to have some career that lad.

• Like 1

Goodness. It's the exact opposite of the last few years. 

A strong defensive foundation. 

A settled team. 

Settled formations with a couple of go to plans. 

Mental fortitude when near (and in!) top 6.

I don't think even our most positive of supporters would have suspected this. And I'm totally shocked and delighted to be way out on my expectations. 

This may be a tad heretical but there seems to be something of the Burnley team that got promoted first time round in this team. By that I mean limited resources and squad depth but a good team with a strong spine that has a game plan that works well. Less fingers and better kits as well obviously but there's something of that steely ilk to this team. Shocked as I think TM is a duffer but the job this season with what he has (regardless of how we got to this situation and his part in it) is, so far, looking very impressive indeed.

Dare we begin to dream? 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

And whilst we are on the topic of automatic promotion - Bournemouth have a huge weakness in Parker. More worried about WBA as Ishmael I think is a good manager and when he gets in a couple more players suited to his site they will be favourites for me to grab 2nd. 

If Bournemouth and Fulham carry on their poor form they are they are going to drop into the play off spots. I think QPR  and WBA are the ones that will compete for the top two spots.