BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

This is a worry, always has to be one I'm afraid!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59713763

there will never be a better chance to get promoted,the league is choc full of mediocrity and the play offs are certainly there for the taking,surely mowbray can see this and is telling swag to get on the phone to india for some money,if you don`t make a push for it this season then whats the point of owning a football club,venkys are supposed billionaires it aint the 1980`s when bill fox used to fix the attendance figures to avoid paying the tax bill

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

fulham are nailed for automatic promotion,bournemouth are hampered by their manager,qpr ar`nt anything to worry about,west brom worry me,class squad who play at high speed,providing we get some luck with injuries and some money for reinforcements in january i think it will be a battle for the second spot between us and west brom,happy days to be a rovers fans though at the moment😊

They are a bit rattled.

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0cd4958c8d50a32e67023249206f5a60&topic=84325.0

Seem a decent bunch though. Be good for both clubs to go up together again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Tony “ Foot In Mouth “ Mowbray.

Is he warning us we won't get reinforcements in January or that, if we do, they will be replacements for the "stars" we have to sell? If they have 18 months left on their contracts, why not wait till summer?

It seems simple to me but possibly not to Venkys. All they have to do is to keep this going for a few more months and they could get all their losses back in one go , or most of them.

Sensible owners would back the manager in January to maximise our chances but that is apparently beyond them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Is he warning us we won't get reinforcements in January or that, if we do, they will be replacements for the "stars" we have to sell? If they have 18 months left on their contracts, why not wait till summer?

It seems simple to me but possibly not to Venkys. All they have to do is to keep this going for a few more months and they could get all their losses back in one go , or most of them.

Sensible owners would back the manager in January to maximise our chances but that is apparently beyond them.

I don’t think we need much in the way of “ reinforcements “ , we just need to keep this squad together. When I think of all the money this lot have squandered over the years on no hopers I’d be livid if they don’t back us when we have a realistic chance of actually doing something.

• Like 1

I can't see another team as good as Rovers at the moment. Even when the passes are sloppy, the defence is that good it doesn't matter and we're hitting teams on the counter. We're good at the back and the front and some of the work and vision from Rothwell is a class above. The workrate of the team has also gone up several notches.

It's just keeping that bunch together with Jan potentially bringing doom and covid to our door.

If they can, with other teams around us out of form we could potentially witness the impossible.

We've had a decade of pain so perhaps good times are returning in very unlikely circumstances.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Our wage to turnover rate is 200%. Sadly, something has to give. Breaking our wage structure for several players is a massive risk. Let’s hope we can keep the run going and the players choose to stick around on terms we can afford.

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Our wage to turnover rate is 200%. Sadly, something has to give. Breaking our wage structure for several players is a massive risk. Let’s hope we can keep the run going and the players choose to stick around on terms we can afford.

you don`t need to break the bank,just bring in some  reinforcements,there will be injuries,tiredness and suspensions along the way and we already have a thin squad,worse thing would be to run out of steam from march onwards

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there will never be a better chance to get promoted,the league is choc full of mediocrity and the play offs are certainly there for the taking,surely mowbray can see this and is telling swag to get on the phone to india for some money,if you don`t make a push for it this season then whats the point of owning a football club,venkys are supposed billionaires it aint the 1980`s when bill fox used to fix the attendance figures to avoid paying the tax bill

January will definitely show the intentions and ambitions the club and it's owners. Selling any of the players we have now is absolute insanity when we have a decent chance of promotion.

If promotion isn't the goal then really what is the point? We may as well shut the doors right now.

We are only in this division because of the owners, be it by design or by neglect. January will show what they are really about.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It WAS at 200%. The recent trimming of the squad and the increase in revenue means that figure will be an anomaly.

Still way off anything approaching sustainable though. The irony of course is that the only chance we have of becoming solvent any time soon is promotion.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

We've waited 10 years to get back to this position, fans in love with the team again, pride in bucketfuls at what we are achieving.

If the owners don't back us all the way this time, we have to conclude promotion isn't important to them.

The reaction will be savage. Simply no point anymore.

We have to conclude the club isn't important to them and throwing massive amounts of money at it yearly is some kind of psychosis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveyB said:

On this kind of Rovers-trivia theme - the guys behind me today were wondering when the last time we had a striker hit 19 goals before Christmas?

Without looking at the stats I’d have guessed maybe Shearer back in 1992/93 - but I suspect someone on here might know better

Tommy Briggs, 1954?   🤫